• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
The Secret

Game Announcers on Versus

Rate this topic

This has got to be thread number 302362 whining about annoucers. Seriously, we get it folks.

It is a broadcaster's job to talk at things in-depth for more than a minute conversation, to create controversy and somewhat uncomfortable debate in a series, and all that.

I really pay little/no attention to what annoucers have to say and just watch the game, but it can't be that bad people.

If you don't like 'em, hit the mute button on your TV or listen to radio broadcasts.

This has got to be thread number 302362 whining about annoucers. Seriously, we get it folks.

It is a broadcaster's job to talk at things in-depth for more than a minute conversation, to create controversy and somewhat uncomfortable debate in a series, and all that.

I really pay little/no attention to what annoucers have to say and just watch the game, but it can't be that bad people.

If you don't like 'em, hit the mute button on your TV or listen to radio broadcasts.

Well SWF, why not take your own advice you hipocryte! This is a place to share your thoughts with other fans and if you don't like 302362nd thread about bad game announcers don't read or comment on it.

I don't think I should have to watch a game with the sound muted and I do NOT believe the announcers jobs are to create controversy... they are supposed to call the game as it is free from biased opinions. I was forced to watch a game with horrible announcers blowing Dallas for losing and it sucked!

Anyway, Seems that there are Red Wings fans and then the rest hate Detroit! I'm from Windsor where the fan base is almost 50-50 Wings fans and Leafs fans... and the non Wings fans enjoy when Detroit has a bad game or stretch. I couldn't tell you how many arguements i have had with Leafs fans (Or Flames fans for that matter when I lived in Calgary) about how much Detroit sucks, or how we cheat, or how Hasek's success is due to luck, or how we will never win another Cup with Lids as Captain, etc. I now live in Montreal and have to listen to these idiots do the same even though we are still playing and they are golfing! I guess because we are so consistently successfull and others are not they need to make excuses for why?! And SWF, before you chime in with your useless dime's worth of Southern-style "intelligence"... this is just my opinion and if you don't like it don't read it!

Peace

anyone else notice that Pierre hasnt been lurking? ahhhhhhhh yes.

Maybe that's why I don't think the announcers have been that bad. I haven't had to listen to that tool.

Olczyk isn't very good, but other than that I think they're fine. If anything they're treating Dallas as the underdog, which is why they seem to spend so much time on what they have to do to beat the Wings.

Well SWF, why not take your own advice you hipocryte! This is a place to share your thoughts with other fans and if you don't like 302362nd thread about bad game announcers don't read or comment on it.

I don't think I should have to watch a game with the sound muted and I do NOT believe the announcers jobs are to create controversy... they are supposed to call the game as it is free from biased opinions. I was forced to watch a game with horrible announcers blowing Dallas for losing and it sucked!

Anyway, Seems that there are Red Wings fans and then the rest hate Detroit! I'm from Windsor where the fan base is almost 50-50 Wings fans and Leafs fans... and the non Wings fans enjoy when Detroit has a bad game or stretch. I couldn't tell you how many arguements i have had with Leafs fans (Or Flames fans for that matter when I lived in Calgary) about how much Detroit sucks, or how we cheat, or how Hasek's success is due to luck, or how we will never win another Cup with Lids as Captain, etc. I now live in Montreal and have to listen to these idiots do the same even though we are still playing and they are golfing! I guess because we are so consistently successfull and others are not they need to make excuses for why?! And SWF, before you chime in with your useless dime's worth of Southern-style "intelligence"... this is just my opinion and if you don't like it don't read it!

Peace

If you think the broadcasting world is 100% free of bias, you must be new to it then. Broadcasters can be just as biased as fans.

EDIT: Since you claim I have useless intellegence being in the South, I'll give you a few examples of what I know about hockey, even though it's not all that popular in many Southern places.

Offsides results when the puck isn't the first thing to cross the defending team's blue line.

Sometimes, a high-sticking penalty results in 4:00 instead of 2:00 when the player that gets hit with a high stick gets cut or draws blood.

A 5-on-3 power-play is the result of the defensive or penalized team having just 3 players on the ice.

Icing results when the team that has the puck shoots in from behind the center ice line and a skater from the other team cannot realistically play the puck, before the puck crosses the goal line not in the net area.

I guess I have no intelligence for the game then, do I. I guess I'm just another hick hillbilly eh? Maybe I'm just a Cajun coon-ass? :rolleyes:

Edited by SouthernWingsFan

If you think the broadcasting world is 100% free of bias, you must be new to it then. Broadcasters can be just as biased as fans.

EDIT: Since you claim I have useless intellegence being in the South, I'll give you a few examples of what I know about hockey, even though it's not all that popular in many Southern places.

Offsides results when the puck isn't the first thing to cross the defending team's blue line.

Sometimes, a high-sticking penalty results in 4:00 instead of 2:00 when the player that gets hit with a high stick gets cut or draws blood.

A 5-on-3 power-play is the result of the defensive or penalized team having just 3 players on the ice.

Icing results when the team that has the puck shoots in from behind the center ice line and a skater from the other team cannot realistically play the puck, before the puck crosses the goal line not in the net area.

I guess I have no intelligence for the game then, do I. I guess I'm just another hick hillbilly eh? Maybe I'm just a Cajun coon-ass? :rolleyes:

Yo... hillbilly coon-ass. I also stated how I believe a game should be called form a neutral stance AND if you have read some of my past posts I do NOT like how Mickey and the boys are always seeming to blame everything other then the Red Wings if something goes wrong. I believe that we should win only if we deserve to win and if we play like crap then it is what it is. Why would you waste your time to read and comment on this thread when you don't believe in it anyway?

Because when annoucing a game for 3 hours straight, or post-analyzing a game for an hour plus, it is virtually impossible not to say something to where the other analysts, or fans can put their own spins on what somebody said and turn it into either RED WINGS *INSERT OTHER TEAM NAME HERE* ROOL, THAT ANNOUCER ROCKS, or RED WINGS *INSERT OTHER TEAM NAME HERE* DROOL, THAT ANNOUCER SUCKS.

Their job is to analyze and give their opinions as well. And fans take the bait and overreact to their comments over and over and over again.

People doubting the Red Wings or making excuses why the Stars lost, legit reasons or no, were bound to happen it could be seen a mile away.