• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
40#1Fan

Stars' Monday Morning Skate Update (5/12)

Rate this topic

I honestly don't think there will be fight with Ribeiro "tonight" but he won't light it up either the Wings will be watching him and hitting him hard.

Dallas better find someone to score or this series will be over quicker then the Colorado series.

Dallas plays good defense but you won't stop the Wings from scoring just limit their chances.

Gee, I can't imagine why some people hate Red Wings fans. :nonono:

The thing that bugs me is that there's plenty of Red Wings fans that exhibit class and respect for other teams and their fans. I apologize on behave of Red Wing Nation for those that act as if they're superior simply because "their" team is doing well.

Kween you do realise you are trying to explain logic to a Dallas Stars fan right?

Oh, now dont get your chaps in a twist.

Take it easy there cowpoke.

So that means you are 15 years old right? Or did you watch them when they were the pride and joy of Minnesota?
Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Do you honestly think that'll happen? I dont think there will be any of that, but you know your team more than I.

NO it probably won't. That isn't the knid of team the Wings are. They will check him hard all night, and if his head is down while Kronner is on the ice he'll get decked. Other than that bygones are bygones and lets keep this series rolling.

Personally, a huge hit by Kronwall would close the issue for me :D

to be honest how many of Kronner's hits are clearly legal?

I'm pretty sure Dallas Drake gave him lessons on how to hit this year. Not that I mind, just he tends to leave his feet a bit too much.

But yes a nice Kronner hit will do me good to close the books on this one.

NO it probably won't. That isn't the knid of team the Wings are. They will check him hard all night, and if his head is down while Kronner is on the ice he'll get decked. Other than that bygones are bygones and lets keep this series rolling.

Yeah hopefully they don't let it be a distraction. They didn't let the stuff the Flames pulled last year in game 5 distract them in game 6. While I would love to see him get beat up on my McCarty take them out by winning instead.

It would be nice to see the Wings play their best game of the playoffs tonight and put a stranglehold on this series. I'll pull out some Einsteinien wisdom here and say that a 3-0 series is a world different than a 2-1 series. Lets Go Wings!!

Signed,

Master of Stating the Obvious

Gee, I can't imagine why some people hate Red Wings fans. :nonono:

The thing that bugs me is that there's plenty of Red Wings fans that exhibit class and respect for other teams and their fans. I apologize on behave of Red Wing Nation for those that act as if they're superior simply because "their" team is doing well.

I'll second that - born in Michigan, live in Southern California. My son plays hockey here as a Pee Wee and has since Mite age. I'm a Red Wings fan first, but I'll root for the sport of hockey any day over the other sports. I'll also root for good sportsmanship over bad sportsmanship any day as well as my son refs games too. We should all realize we have one major common love in life - the real king of sports - Ice Hockey. It is one of the few sports in the world in which a skill needs to be learned before it can be played - skating. The last time I checked, anyone could step on a football field, baseball field, basketball court, or soccer field and have fun playing the sport. Hockey on the other hand is to be appreciated for its niche abilities. Let's realize we're all brothers here!

Getting my 2 cents in regarding the Ribeiro incident (whom I had as a starter in my Fantasy League), he should have been suspended for one game for retaliating. The door is now open to two-hand a stick into the chest of someone whose stick he ran into. Sorry, that's just my take on it to all my Dallas friends!

Here's hoping tonight is a nail-biting affair putting the playoffs of the other three sports to shame once again!

http://redwingscorner.blogspot.com/

Jiri Lehtinen is questionable for tonight's game -- a game-time decision. Steve Ott skated on the top line along with Mike Ribeiro and Brenden Morrow at the morning skate.

Brad Richards wasn't on the ice this morning. I'll update after coach Dave Tippett's press conference.

Ribeiro said that he wasn't surprised that there were no suspensions from the stick-swinging incident at the end of Game 2. The Stars' top scorer said that Chris Osgood's butt-end was worse than his action. Ribeiro said that if he was suspended for one game, he would have expected Osgood to be suspended for two games.

WOW what a tool. Its not like Osgood jabbed at him with the butt end. HE DIDN'T EVEN PUT ANY FORCE INTO IT! He just raised the end of his stick so it would clip Rebeiro. When you two-hand someone, you don't have a lot of control over where you are aiming. Rebeiro could have easily slashed Ozzie right in the neck. Retaliations are always worse than the initial incident IMO, since you are trying to outdo what the other guy just did.