• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DallasStars

Game three notes...

Rate this topic

Well, I was in attendance and let me tell you something...wow.

You guys' first line boardline unfair. Too good. Different circumstances contributing to me missing all the games against Detroit this regular season, so this was my first taste so far and again wow. Seeing that speed infront of me was amazing. You guys have got some talent.

I think we might be the best team at providing short-handed chances to the other team in the NHL. And as usual they bury them.

We had our chances to make things happen and it just didnt click. And then everything just sort of got worse for us.

Detroits powerplay made/makes our penalty kill(#1 until the last day of the season) look like childs play.

I thought my boys hung tough for a good while and put up a good fight, but Detroit is just too talented up front for our young D this year. This experience is very valuable to those guys, but Niskanen is my age and I couldnt imagine trying to defend #13 or #40 in open ice. f*** that haha.

Good game and heres to a game 5 (hopefully)

Edited by DallasStars

Damn dude. Do you live on the stadium premises or what? I guess it was that easy getting out of the arena late? ;)

Thanks for the props, brother. I've got a lot of respect for Dallas, unlike some shortsighted homers whining around here. Glad that you knocked out those rating and gametime-killers out West.

Damn dude. Do you live on the stadium premises or what? I guess it was that easy getting out of the arena late? ;)

Thanks for the props, brother. I've got a lot of respect for Dallas, unlike some shortsighted homers whining around here. Glad that you knocked out those rating and gametime-killers out West.

I'll go back to liking Dallas after the series is over :P

As long as you promise to throw Ott under the bus.

DallasStars, thanks for the kind words. That must have been rough to watch tonight.

I think we might be the best team at providing short-handed chances to the other team in the NHL. And as usual they bury them.
Well, it's nice to see the Wings improve in that category. At one point in the season we led the NHL in coughing up SHG's.... three in one game to boot (was it to you guys?)!

Um, okay.

What struck me was the realization that a respectable franchise is on the verge of being taken over by a bunch of punk *******. Morrow is a heart and soul guy, Modano is a credit to the Stars, U.S. hockey, and his hometown of Detroit, but pricks like Ott and Turco's rapid descent into Belfour-style psychosis make it easy to really dislike the Stars. Apparently they're not capable of simply accepting a loss like men. Instead, they have to do their best St. Louis Blues imitation and goon it up like a bunch of crybabies. Yeah, that'll win ya hockey games. :blink:

DallasStars, thanks for the kind words. That must have been rough to watch tonight.

Well, it's nice to see the Wings improve in that category. At one point in the season we led the NHL in coughing up SHG's.... three in one game to boot (was it to you guys?)!

I think that was Chicago.

Steve Ott is no more a prick to opposing fans than Maltby - and Maltby has gotten away with a lot more cheap s*** and always runs away from a fight. Take away the rose-colored glasses and you'd see that.

Everyone that tests the Wings are a bunch of crybabies. blah blah blah. Get off that horse. When this series concludes, all those guys will shake hands and shoot the s***. It's playoff hockey, not roll over and let the Wings walk on you time.

Classy :thumbup:

I think the biggest thing is we should thank you for having Marty Turco since we own him. Maybe Dallas should invest in a goaltender who only plays against the Wings?

haha you learn exit routes real well throughtout a season.

Dallas missed some good chances tonight. I think most Stars fans from what I have seen are pretty classy. It seems each night Turco amazes me more and more. He seems to keep finding excuses. I think he is definitely shown signs of being rattled. I would be okay with game 5, as long as Dallas promises to start Turco :)

Hey, thanks for your comments.

The Stars played a solid first half of the game, I'd say. Generated a lot more chances, but yeah. Just some missteps defensively that allowed Datsyuk & Co. to sneak in.

haha you learn exit routes real well throughtout a season.

Hey DallasStars what's your assessment of the Modano and Morrow injuries? What did it look like in the rink ??On TV Modano was really grimacing as he got up from a Draper hit and Morrow looked like he popped out that left shoulder , had it popped back in and came back.He fell terribly awkwardly it appeared

Are ther Stars more banged up than they've been letting know?/

I for one think they endured some heavy pounding to take Anaheim and San Jose out

Ribero looked gassed out there too

Hey DallasStars what's your assessment of the Modano and Morrow injuries? What did it look like in the rink ??On TV Modano was really grimacing as he got up from a Draper hit and Morrow looked like he popped out that left shoulder , had it popped back in and came back.He fell terribly awkwardly it appeared

Are ther Stars more banged up than they've been letting know?/

I for one think they endured some heavy pounding to take Anaheim and San Jose out

Ribero looked gassed out there too

Modano: He took FOOOOREVER to get up and he strolled to the bench while Detroit was already set up and he couldnt send a fresh one in until he got near the bench...I got a little mad at that point. I think Modano just had his bell rung. I watched his feet as he stepped onto the bench and they did that little "i cant quite lift em both yet" type thing, but later he seemed ok. Minus his turnovers(nevermind those).

Morrow: I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a seperated shoulder or an broken collar-bone. His, if I remember correctly, left arm was doin the dangle as he skated off. He went straight down the tunnel, and I assume they popped it back in and probably shot it up with some numbing medcine. He was back after the first TV timeout after that. He came back and put a hit on someone. I just cant get enough of him. Say what you will but any team would be lucky to have him. I know we are.

Ribi: He's very patient with the puck. Sometimes too patient and instead of making the quick snap pass or shot he'll wait it out and then it all closes shut and nothing happens. But, then again he's a wizard with the puck and some space...some space being key. He didnt seem all that gassed. Maybe at the end. He had some great backchecks as did Peterson.

Edited by DallasStars

Modano: He took FOOOOREVER to get up and he strolled to the bench while Detroit was already set up and he couldnt send a fresh one in until he got near the bench...I got a little mad at that point. I think Modano just had his bell rung. I watched his feet as he stepped onto the bench and they did that little "i cant quite lift em both yet" type thing, but later he seemed ok. Minus his turnovers(nevermind those).

Morrow: I wouldn't be surprised if it ends up being a seperated shoulder or an broken collar-bone. His, if I remember correctly, left arm was doin the dangle as he skated off. He went straight down the tunnel, and I assume they popped it back in and probably shot it up with some numbing medcine. He was back after the first TV timeout after that. He came back and put a hit on someone. I just cant get enough of him. Say what you will but any team would be lucky to have him. I know we are.

Ribi: He's very patient with the puck. Sometimes too patient and instead of making the quick snap pass or shot he'll wait it out and then it all closes shut and nothing happens. But, then again he's a wizard with the puck and some space...some space being key. He didnt seem all that gassed. Maybe at the end. He had some great backchecks as did Peterson.

THanks for the live reporting from Dallas! I live right near Morrow's home town in Saskatchewan but am one of the die hard Red Wings fans in the area since the days of Gordie Howe .

Well, I was in attendance and let me tell you something...wow.

You guys' first line boardline unfair. Too good. Different circumstances contributing to me missing all the games against Detroit this regular season, so this was my first taste so far and again wow. Seeing that speed infront of me was amazing. You guys have got some talent.

We had our chances to make things happen and it just didnt click. And then everything just sort of got worse for us.

Detroits powerplay made/makes our penalty kill(#1 until the last day of the season) look like childs play.

I thought my boys hung tough for a good while and put up a good fight, but Detroit is just too talented up front for our young D this year. This experience is very valuable to those guys, but Niskanen is my age and I couldnt imagine trying to defend #13 or #40 in open ice. f*** that haha.

Good game and heres to a game 5 (hopefully)

I was there as well, and that quick goal was a back breaker for the stars.

So Game 5 MAYBE, but no more.

I was thinking Morrow would be a goat for last nights game. Him completely fanning on an open net one timer really changed the rest of the game. I think Dallas would have been hard to beat had they gotten that lead. Add to that some bad turnovers and the self injury I was thinking epic fail for him.

That said I would mind him on the wings. He just wouldn't be captain. ;)

TWEEKVP is 100% correct IMO,

If Morrow buries that empty netter (Ozzie was half way to the bench, not for an extra attacker he was just that aggressive towards the puck) a completely different game, between that and the posts Dallas had to be feeling like they were up against supernatural forces.