• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

MississippiWing

Melrose opinon on the crease goal

Rate this topic

Watching ESPN this morning, there was a segment on the game last night. Barry Melrose said he has no doubt in his mind if the Dats goal is counted as it should have been, Detroit slams the door on Dallas. He said instead by the refs missing that call you maybe give Dallas the momentum they need to go in and steal one in Detroit.

Watching ESPN this morning, there was a segment on the game last night. Barry Melrose said he has no doubt in his mind if the Dats goal is counted as it should have been, Detroit slams the door on Dallas. He said instead by the refs missing that call you maybe give Dallas the momentum they need to go in and steal one in Detroit.

Hopefully, this pisses Detroit off enough that they come out from the gate on Saturday and give it to Dallas like they did games 1-3. I don't think Dallas will get one in Detroit. Their track record at the JLA this year was bad.

Hopefully, this pisses Detroit off enough that they come out from the gate on Saturday and give it to Dallas like they did games 1-3. I don't think Dallas will get one in Detroit. Their track record at the JLA this year was bad.

This year? :P

Agreed. Melrose has been starting to make sense a little too often lately. Something is really wrong about this.

Let's hope for a quick and painless game five victory. No fooling around this time.

Agreed. Melrose has been starting to make sense a little too often lately. Something is really wrong about this.

Let's hope for a quick and painless game five victory. No fooling around this time.

Melrose makes sense, floods, earthquakes, hordes of locusts THE END OF THE WORLD! :scared:

(but not before the Wings win the cup of course! :hehe: )

... He said instead by the refs missing that call you maybe give Dallas the momentum they need to go in and steal one in Detroit.

I think it was also a back-handed compliment, implying Detroit might not be able to close them out now.

No doubt in my mind that it gave them momentum. Because of it they led for the first time in a series in whcih they were being spanked. You don't need Barry Melrose to tell you that. He's still an idiot. :D

He said he still likes Detroit to win the series, but i'm guessing he thinks because of the momentum Dallas is going to make Detroit beat them in Dallas for the trip to the SC. I dunno. Melrose is such a bandwagoner its not funny.

With those two disallowed goals the game should have been 3-3. Probably would have seen an OT and who knows if we would have won.

But anyway. What's done is done, so now we just have to look forward to Saturday. There is no doubt in my mind that we can win. Turco sucks at the Joe, remember? We'll come out like we did in games 1-3 and give 'em hell. :sly:

Dallas got every break imaginable in games 3 and 4. The power plays were 6 for Dallas, 2 for Detroit until 45 seconds remaining when the refs attempted to balance it out by calling 2 penalities on Dallas in the final minute.

It was the same crap in Game 4. The wings are going to kill Dallas on Saturday, for Ozzy's first shutout of the playoffs.

Dallas got every break imaginable in games 3 and 4. The power plays were 6 for Dallas, 2 for Detroit until 45 seconds remaining when the refs attempted to balance it out by calling 2 penalities on Dallas in the final minute.

It was the same crap in Game 4. The wings are going to kill Dallas on Saturday, for Ozzy's first shutout of the playoffs.

Osgood shutout Nashville in Game 5.

Edited by Nero

Of course the refs gave Dallas the momentum. This is OBVIOUS! No need for Melrose or whoever to confirm that.

Bottom line is that in hockey when you score the first goal you get the momentum.

Red Wings got stolen by stupids refs. They even called a 2 on 1 off side in the first period while the Wings were on the PK.

I am pissed pissed pissed!!!

Hope that the Wings demolished these cheaters Saturday...

Maudits arbitres de merde !

i mean, i guess melrose's comments were a bit obvious. it's true, though: the disallowed goal did more than take a tick off the score sheet. even if dallas does score that goal at the end of the first, it's just tied up and then we score right back. they're still chasing us most of the game. plus, if the goal counts, you've got to be thinking that dallas has a hard time shaking it off. down early AGAIN, still not having the lead in the series, still chasing the wings in a desperate attempt to not get eliminated.

but, yeah. it's over. karma's a *****.

Melrose reasoning is that the goal counting would negate all Dallas' hard work. He said they came out and played hard, but that would have still put them losing at that point. He said he feels that would have caused them to lose hope by fighting that hard and still not taking the lead first.

Karma will come around. As will pain come saturday.

After watching the "no-goal" they called because Holmstrom was "in the crease"

I hope that ref goes home - looks at the tape and comes to game 5 and gives us a "make-up call"

*#@$ that! As a ref - if you mess up - you deal with it. You DON'T give the other team a break a few games later. The goal that Holms tipped in with his knee. Yea, it could have gone either way IMHO, but they called it a goal. Enough Dallas fans whined so now we get a perfectly legal goal taken away.

Doesn't make sense. Wings in 5. Dallas is winless in detroit.

Of course the refs gave Dallas the momentum. This is OBVIOUS! No need for Melrose or whoever to confirm that.

Bottom line is that in hockey when you score the first goal you get the momentum.

Red Wings got stolen by stupids refs. They even called a 2 on 1 off side in the first period while the Wings were on the PK...

Totally agree. Now lets take the win at home. No way they can win on our ice. :D

Melrose is still a d-bag. Even if he hit the nail on the head with a portion of his statement, ESPN should be ashamed that he is their hockey guy. That says a lot considering how bad ESPN is with hockey.

I'm not sure if this is already posted somewhere, I haven't been able to find it, but, does anyone know where I could find a video of the no-goal from last night? I'm sure there has to be one online somewhere. I have a buddy who missed the game because he had to work, and he's wanting to see a clip of the call.