• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
xtrememachine1

Free Press Wings Fan "Cheer Cards"

Rate this topic

Hey everybody! I'm the Wings fan behind enemy lines and I work for post-gazette.com. The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette is releasing anti-Red Wings cheer cards (http://www.post-gazette.com/penscheercards/) and I noticed that the Detroit Free Press picked this up (http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080522/SPORTS05/80522007/1053/rss17). The guy that is making these cheer cards sits right behind me.

I know there's a lot of good web artists on this board, submit your anti-Pens card to the Detroit Free Press and give me something hang on my desk!

Thought this would interest a few of our PS experts here. The Post-Gazette has started this, and Free Press wants Wings fans to step up.

May 22, Detroit Free Press: The Pittsburgh Post-Gazette has posted a graphic of a poster that is anti-Red Wings. Time to step up, Wings fans.

So get your photoshop, paint and other image programs ready! We're looking for fans to submit their own Wings poster images. It could be pro-Wings or anti-Penguins (they started it).

Submit your Wings poster/photochop to puck@freepress.com or upload it at www.freep.com/getpublished

The best Wings graphic will win a free copy of our "Hang 10" Red Wings championship book.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/05/fr..._photoshop.html

It has come to my attention that a member here, Chrissy_Chris, has submitted a large number of the creations in the "Photoshop War" thread here to the Free Press under her own name in the contest.

I've contacted the Free Press about this and have restricted permissions here for that member.

It has come to my attention that a member here, Chrissy_Chris, has submitted a large number of the creations in the "Photoshop War" thread here to the Free Press under her own name in the contest.

I've contacted the Free Press about this and have restricted permissions here for that member.

That takes a lot of balls... Things are suppose to be fun and this happens...

Edited by Rivalred

Yeah, I noticed that too. Lame as hell. Hope the Freep either pulls them or gives credit where it's due. <_<

On the other hand, I'm glad I got one of mine up there (the Transformers movie poster mock-up). Submitted my Mule one too, but nada on the website (and I'm damn proud of that one too!).

Noticed you got your "Golden Boy" one up there too, Matt.

Most of them were posted on LGW.com though :thumbup:

Which isn't a problem at all -- it's FANTASTIC -- but only if it's the original artist is the one that submits it. Unfortunately that wasn't the case with a good number of them.

FWIW, if your creation was sent in under someone else's name and you would like to attempt to get credited for your work, the email for submissions for the contest is puck@freepress.com

Wow, he/she stole picture number 13 of 28 from me. <_<

Number 11 is strikingly familiar as well. When I saw that last night I thought it was kinda cool, but I was also like, "wtf?" But maybe the intent wasn't malicious.

Edited by Third Man In

A nice message was left for chrissy thanking her for submitting those pictures on behalf of the posters at letsgowings.com.

The mods are great here and so is Matt... I just can not believe some of the bulls*** members have pulled....

God...

:angry: