• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsownnhl43

Top 10 players in the NHL

Rate this topic

lmao, right-o. I'm not understanding how Crosby and Malkin have made it on to as many lists as they have. To be in a list as big as the Top 10 in the NHL I would think that you'd have to be able to adjust your game to beat your opponent in any situation, and these 2 players can't get anything going against the Wings, they've hit a wall and they've hit it hard...a KRON-WALL

ZING!

yea, that wall certainly gave crosby a hard time last night!! hope he's ok.

yea, that wall certainly gave crosby a hard time last night!! hope he's ok.

Great post, too bad you didn't have the sack to show up and post when the Pens were held goalless for two games.

You weren't on here defending your boy then were you, nope, couldn't see hide nor hair of you.

But way to be a fair weather poster!!!

The top ten list based on performance in the 2007-2008 NHL regular season and 2007-2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs:

1. Henrik Zetterberg

2. Pavel Datsyuk

3. Nick Lidstrom

4. Sidney Crosby

5. Chris Osgood

6. Nik Kronwall

7. Brendan Morrow

8. Evgeni Malkin

9. Joe Thornton

10. Mike Richards

I tried to factor in not only points and TOI but also the net impact each player had on their team's success in both the regular season and the playoffs taking into account several statistical categories such as pp and pk time, plus/minus, GWG/GTG, faceoff % (where applicable), and leadership. I would have rated Malkin higher had he not "disappeared" in the last 5 playoff games. Osgood's presence here will undoubtedly raise eyebrows but this list is based on THIS season and THIS season's playoffs only; not their entire career or who has been the best in the last 5 years. Since playoffs matter the most in the NHL a player's ranking in my list was based on 35% their regular season contributions and 65% their playoff performance.

Justify Kronwall at #6.

No way he is a top ten player in this league no matter how many guys he trampolines into.

Edited by DallasStars

Guest NumbaSixty-Six
The top ten list based on performance in the 2007-2008 NHL regular season and 2007-2008 Stanley Cup Playoffs:

1. Henrik Zetterberg

2. Pavel Datsyuk

3. Nick Lidstrom

4. Sidney Crosby

5. Chris Osgood

6. Nik Kronwall

7. Brendan Morrow

8. Evgeni Malkin

9. Joe Thornton

10. Mike Richards

I tried to factor in not only points and TOI but also the net impact each player had on their team's success in both the regular season and the playoffs taking into account several statistical categories such as pp and pk time, plus/minus, GWG/GTG, faceoff % (where applicable), and leadership. I would have rated Malkin higher had he not "disappeared" in the last 5 playoff games. Osgood's presence here will undoubtedly raise eyebrows but this list is based on THIS season and THIS season's playoffs only; not their entire career or who has been the best in the last 5 years. Since playoffs matter the most in the NHL a player's ranking in my list was based on 35% their regular season contributions and 65% their playoff performance.

Z and Dats aren't even on the same planet as Corsby, Malkin, Lids, AO, Lecav, Ing

And if you think so you are naive

1. Henrik Zetterberg

2. Pavel Datsyuk

3. Nick Lidstrom

4. Sidney Crosby

5. Chris Osgood

6. Nik Kronwall

7. Brendan Morrow

8. Evgeni Malkin

9. Joe Thornton

10. Mike Richards

5 of the top 6 players in the world play for the same team? Yeah, guess that makes sense....... :unsure:

Z and Dats aren't even on the same planet as Corsby, Malkin, Lids, AO, Lecav, Ing

And if you think so you are naive

No. I think they belong on the list based on this season. They are very complete players and complement each other greatly. However, split them up and they both miss the Top 10 IMO. I have Lidstrom at #1 and AO #2, with the rest pretty even. I would also put Phaneuf on the list and would rank Malkin higher than Sid if you take away the last few games. He was easily the most dominant player in the league when Sid went out.

In no particular order:

1. Nick Lidstrom

2. Pav

3. Hank

4. Jarome Iginla

5. Henrik Lunquivst

6. Martin Brodeur

7. Dion Phaneuf

8. Alex Ovechkin

9. Joe Thorton

10. Roberto Luongo

While there are other good players I'm not buying into Crosby and Malkin as top 10. I just don't think that they stack up with the all around game of these players. Lots of offense, but not much defense. The offensive players listed play good D and the D men listed can provide some great offensive punch. As for the three goalies, any of them can steal a game or two for a team all by themselves.