• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MississippiWing

Jersey Question

Rate this topic

So i'm looking to get a jersey for my BDay. I'm looking on the website and there is the RBK Edge and RBK Premier. I know the edge is the authentic, but what are the actual differences in the 2 jerseys. I was wondering if you guys had any input so I could know if it was really worth spending the extra money for the RBK Edge jerseys

So i'm looking to get a jersey for my BDay. I'm looking on the website and there is the RBK Edge and RBK Premier. I know the edge is the authentic, but what are the actual differences in the 2 jerseys. I was wondering if you guys had any input so I could know if it was really worth spending the extra money for the RBK Edge jerseys

Apparently the 'authentic' ones have double-stitching or something like that. The biggest noticeable difference I think is that for secondary patches they're a single-piece letherette kinda thing that's heat-printed and sewed on. Not much of a concern since the Wings don't have secondary logos, but it still looks like crap. Plus, if you're getting a SCF version jersey it'll be in that s***ty single-piece patch. There's also that big RBK patch on the front of the jersey if you get the EDGE, it isn't on the authentic jerseys. IMO I'd get a CCM jersey instead of either of those; they're a lot cheaper now and frankly the quality of the replica jerseys seems much higher.

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=492151

Some question answered...I think the Premier jerseys tend to fall apart in the wash quickly, while the Edge don't. However, a lot depends on your price range/how often you will wash and wear.

I have a Hasek Premier, and I sleep in it now, it got ruined after one gentle cycle wash. My Datsyuk Edge has gone through at least 10 washings, and is still in like-new condition.

Thanks guys. I think I will do my best to find a cheap CCM left in stock. When hockey came to Southern Mississippi, all they had was ccm. I like the way it wears so I think I will try and find one of those. Plus I don't really like the letter on the other side. I plan on wearing and washing mine plenty so i better step it up to a good one.

IMO the Edge jerseys are a lot nicer and worth the extra money. I have an avalanche authentic edge jersey and I love it. The reason I decided against the premier was that the foot on the sleeve seemed like a cheap iron-on instead of it being 100% fully-embroidered.

The material is different first off, and that's one of the biggest differences. The Edge material is heavier and imo feels nicer and a little heavier than the Premier.

Premier jerseys have a small tag on the front bottom part of the jersey, which I don't particularly like.

The Premier jerseys do not have the fight strap.

It just kind of depends on what you like and what your budget is on a jersey, as I am sure you are aware there's a pretty considerable price difference....

Everything said above is pretty much accurate!

Premier- 2 way stretch mesh, single knit elbows and shoulders, twill aplique as the shoulder patch (however with Detroit this is a non issue) it does have the RBK 'Jock' tag on the lower left of the jersey (much like the NBA jersey's)

Edge- Same as on the ice, 4 way stretch mesh, double knit shoulders and elbows, fight strap and the sewn on shoulder crests.

The only thing I'm not sure of is the SCF patch i'm pretty sure if you look online you'll be able to find a sewn on one not the twill applicque,

The other thing said above is the washing issue. DO NOT BUY THE PA JERSEY!!! it's looks like the real thing however the name and numbers are in that same twill and it washes AWEFUL!! spend the money and even if you get a premier get the name and numbers sewn on.

Hopefully this helps!!!

Quick question, along the lines of the thread but a bit off topic...

I've been contemplating ordering an Edge jersey, but the only sizing guides I can see are the numbered sizes (48, 52, 56, etc). I have a bunch of the older style CCM jerseys from years gone by, and I only order them in size XXL. What would be the comparable size to an XXL?

For a bit of reference, I have an authentic weight jersey for a now-defunct local hockey team, that's a size 56, and it's the right fit in everything but the sleeves (which go a good 3-4 inches past my fingertips).

Quick question, along the lines of the thread but a bit off topic...

I've been contemplating ordering an Edge jersey, but the only sizing guides I can see are the numbered sizes (48, 52, 56, etc). I have a bunch of the older style CCM jerseys from years gone by, and I only order them in size XXL. What would be the comparable size to an XXL?

For a bit of reference, I have an authentic weight jersey for a now-defunct local hockey team, that's a size 56, and it's the right fit in everything but the sleeves (which go a good 3-4 inches past my fingertips).

56 is the size!! the next size up is a 60 which is a goalie cut....

http://hfboards.com/showthread.php?t=492151

Some question answered...I think the Premier jerseys tend to fall apart in the wash quickly, while the Edge don't. However, a lot depends on your price range/how often you will wash and wear.

I have a Hasek Premier, and I sleep in it now, it got ruined after one gentle cycle wash. My Datsyuk Edge has gone through at least 10 washings, and is still in like-new condition.

Please disregard the ^above^ post.

Who washes their jersey?

Gross. Sick. Not right.

a 50-52 is comparable to a xxl. those numbers are the chest measurements. measure your chest and thats the number you go with. thanks for all the help guys I really appreciate it. I found a site that will get me a Yzerman CCM jersey with the 2002 cup patch on it for about $150 time you include shipping and everything, so I think I'm gonna go with that.

I bought the cheaper version of the new RBK jersey. I really like the new cut better, it feels more like you are wearing a hoodie. The biggest difference is the sleeves, they no longer drape over your hands because you aren't wearing shoulder and elbow pads. It makes it much easier to eat, drink, ect. while you are wearing it. However, I'm not so sure I'd like to play in one.

I ordered mine today. Got a Red home sweater. Yzerman with the 2002 Stanley Cup patch on it. Now the 2-3 weeks till it gets here is gonna kill me.

very cool man, I've got a datsyuk red one with the 2002 patch but remember if the 2002 patch is on there, it dates the jersey and is no longer a home jersey haha.

Whatever you do, DON'T order it from NHL.com. They don't sew anything on. It's all heat printed.

For the same price (actually a lower price most of the time), you can get the same thing from sportsk.com with real sewn-on logos and letters. Plus you help support the Michigan economy.

Whatever you do, DON'T order it from NHL.com. They don't sew anything on. It's all heat printed.

For the same price (actually a lower price most of the time), you can get the same thing from sportsk.com with real sewn-on logos and letters. Plus you help support the Michigan economy.

Yah this summer I am gonna order an authentic edge jersey from sportsk...probabaly Franzen or Kronwall with a slight chance of Zetterberg. Good prices and GREAT quality.

Edited by Yzermania

Agreed. I've washed my Yzerman jersey twice in 6 years and only after I got something on it.

I'm po'.

Only have one sweater - Team Canada authentic - fight strap and all - from back inda 90's, and yes - the Leaf on the front has Official SilverDome Nacho Cheese stains on it from some Lions game I went to.

Great, now I'm hungry.