• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

aflac9262

2008 SCF Game 6 GDT: Red Wings 3, Penguins 2

Rate this topic

Well, when the Wings played the Stars in game 6, I decided to stay at work until 5 and listen to period 1 (or most of it) while driving home from work instead of leaving early to watch the entire game. That obviously worked well so I decided to do that same thing tonight and so far so good!

Edited by WingNut 25

Don't worry the Wing's have it in the bag. My astrologer just said that if I see the words "Douchenozzle" and "cock-meat-sandwich" today all my dreams will come true. Thanks posters on LGW for making my dreams come true tonight.

Wings 4

Pens 2

Detroit comprehensively shut them down that period.

A few questions/comments:

1. Why are we the ones always getting thrown out of the face-off circle?

2. Fleuery is annoying how he always freezes the puck.

3. Kronwall had a shocking period.

1.) The other team is Pittsburgh

2.) He's a very annoying person

3.) Agreed, I guess Kronwall couldnt keep it up all playoffs.

Edited by Detroit # 1 Fan

I know, he's great. His "Scores!" call is so unique.

I personally like Doc's call as well. I enjoy Cole's very much b/c I grew up listening to it every Saturday night :) but Doc has some great enthusiasm.

I know, he's great. His "Scores!" call is so unique.

It's legendary in Eastern Canada, gonna be a sad day when Bob retires. Jim Hughson is pretty good and all, but having Greg Millen of all people as his replacement isnt something to look forward too.

I personally like Doc's call as well. I enjoy Cole's very much b/c I grew up listening to it every Saturday night :) but Doc has some great enthusiasm.

Bruce Martin is my all time favorite.

I hope they will have the CBC game on the DVD so I can watch that. I started taping NBC so I'm not switching over.

I love Emericks "DRIVEEEE!" The older analysts always seem to be more enjoyable to listen too. Guys like Eddie O and Greg Millen, ah not a fan.

The networks don't favor the other team. The constant talk here about that is ridiculous.

What f-in game are you watching meat pole. You can almost hear them licking the Pens.

Bruce Martin is my all time favorite.

I might be too young to know/remember who that is...

I remember Dave Straider's calls on PASS and obviously on Versus now and then. He has a good call but Ken Daniels has him beat by far

Really, no man-love for Flip and Ruutu? Too bad Antero Mertaranta doesn't do NHL games. I'd watch that over anything except Ken & Mickey.

Well there's always some man-love in the air.

Going for a another 100+ GDT posts?

:thumbup:

btw. anyone knows filppulas faceoff %? i think he's lost every faceoff i've watched him take last 2 games

33% today and 42.9% on Monday.

you've cleared nothing up, sorry. as you know, the nhl isn't doing so hot, not since the black and silver gretzky jerseys were selling like hotcakes. well, there is a new hotcake for sale, and a lot of people want to see it selling. the red wings represent consistency, which does the league no good. a graph with a straight bar near the top of the graph promises nothing but the same. the penguins represent that curving graph that shows unlimited potential. crosby is the driving force behind the penguins success so there is no surprises that his name is mentioned every 3rd word.

of course the people who work for the nhl want the game to become more popular. they'd lose their jobs with the alternative.

lol.. I wasn't trying to clear up the problems of the NHL.

I said 1) the refs aren't against us, and 2) NBC isn't against us.

Then I pretty much said, "Don't whine so we can never be compared to Pens fans."

Thanks though.