• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Manno11

Wings 'Anti'-Conn Smythe Candidate

Rate this topic

who do you think is the Wings' Anti-Conne Smythe candidate this playoff. I don't mean who plays the least (for example McCarty) but rather who is contributing the least to this year's Cup run. My candidate would be Lilja. Whenever he is in the lineup he makes me nervous. Too many mistakes. I'm not too sure Cheli wouldn't have been better, even though he has certainly slowed down

Besides, what's to stop Chris Chelios from winning both the Conn Smythe and the anti-Conn Smythe?

The fact that the criteria makes them exact opposites; to win one you would have to be th least viable candidate for the other.

That said...I would say it has been Lebda.

And here I thought the anti-smythe candidate was the person on the other team who has contributed to your success the most XD

In that case, I'd say Malkin. One of the best Wings on the ice.. look at all those passes he's been getting to our guys. He's really putting em tape to tape and creating some great scoring opportunities.

Guest mindfly
The fact that the criteria makes them exact opposites; to win one you would have to be th least viable candidate for the other.

Lebda is like 2x better than Lilja, his speed is as good as Helms... Lilja makes alot of mistakes every single game, and he's one of the worst defensemen in the league when having the puck.

Have you never read one of sirdrake24's threads, Eva? SeeinRed's comment was a joke based on the aforementioned poster's threads which always asked a ridiculous hockey question followed by, "What's to stop Chris Chelios from doing *insert stupid idea here*".

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

Have you never read one of sirdrake24's threads, Eva? SeeinRed's comment was a joke based on the aforementioned poster's threads which always asked a ridiculous hockey question followed by, "What's to stop Chris Chelios from doing *insert stupid idea here*".

Lining up broken sticks at the red line is not the same as winning two awards that are polar opposites.

There's a stupid but POSSIBLE idea that nobody would ever do, and then there is something that absolutely cannot happen.

Much like the question...What's to stop Chris Chelios from taking hom the ultimate trifecta of awards; the Norris, Selke, and Vezina?

Lining up broken sticks at the red line is not the same as winning two awards that are polar opposites.

There's a stupid but POSSIBLE idea that nobody would ever do, and then there is something that absolutely cannot happen.

Much like the question...What's to stop Chris Chelios from taking hom the ultimate trifecta of awards; the Norris, Selke, and Vezina?

But that was the point. If Chelios *could* in fact do some of the things sirdrake asked, then he could do anything....even polar opposites. No worries Eva, it was just a joke by SeeinRed and nothing to read into.

Sidenote: What's to stop Cheli from playing defense the first 1/3 of the next regular season, playing in goal the next 1/3 and the final 1/3 on offense starting the season at a +100, then posting 27 consecutive *you know whats* while in goal, and finally scoring 75 goals on offense while leading the league in takeaways and PK time? :P

Edited by Never Forget Mac #25

What's to stop Cheli from playing defense the first 1/3 of the next regular season, the playing in goal the next 1/3 and the final 1/3 on offense starting the season at a +100, then posting 27 consecutive *you know whats* while in goal, and finally scoring 75 goals on offense while leading the league in takeaways and PK time? :P

Reality? :hehe:

What's to stop Cheli from playing defense the first 1/3 of the next regular season, the playing in goal the next 1/3 and the final 1/3 on offense starting the season at a +100, then posting 27 consecutive *you know whats* while in goal, and finally scoring 75 goals on offense while leading the league in takeaways and PK time? :P

The fact that he's Chris Chelios.

Now Osgood or Brodeur? One of them might be able to pull off such a feat.