• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Guest redwingsfan04

Chris Chelios Knee surgery? wtf?

Rate this topic

Guest redwingsfan04

Chelly is my hero! Kick Lilly out and give Chelly his spot chelly and lebz a good combo young and gold fast and slow

cheli seemed to get a few less penalties this year over last year as well, less dumb penalties like slashing etc, at least i did not notice him in the box as much as before.

He might be slower but the guy can still play, i say keep signing him to 1 year deals, especially if he is wiling to be D7

Agreed. While I agreed with some of you that Draper and Maltby should have received 2 year deals instead of 3, they were simply awesome this post-season. McCarty WAS great against Nashville (I'm glad one of you remembered that), and I'm so sick and tired of Chelios' value (especially his solid play during the regular season) being overlooked by the announcers, that when I read it on this forum, I automatically equate your hockey value to that of Doc and Eddie. So suck on that.

Nice...hopefully the Doc/Edzo slam will scare some people straight. For what it's worth, I actually thought Cheli was better this regular season than last regular season, so it's hard for me to buy what most of you are selling.

I think because he's 46 years old, people are quick to jump on that and equate "slump" with "done." I happen to think he just had a bad series against Dallas and that it wasn't necessarily related to age or declining ability. We'll see either way I guess.

I am all for Cheli being an assistant coach IF McLellan leaves. If Chelios is willing to be a 7th, let him, at the right price :D

McLellan coaches the forwards and powerplay. If there's a void in that role, I doubt Chelios fills it.

Edited by Anomalously

just seems to me that Chelli is one of those players who doesn't think life would be the same if he stops playing... a kinda "jeez I would be bored of golf and teleshopping every day." Seems to me like he loves hockey (obviously) and that he wants to keep in the game. However I say to have best of both worlds, give him a management position to free up a D position for one of the younger players, but still keep Chelli in a capacity to help out.