• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
DatsyukownzU13

Jagr Offered $35 Million After Taxes

Rate this topic

he's got his cups, he's got his other torphies he has his points, if i were him i would take the money and get the hell out of dodge, no nhl will match that offer

Edited by Slave

how do these russian teams find the money to pay the players so much? it's crazy!

Rich owners simply trying to attract a marquee player to jumpstart their league ala Bobby Hull and the WHA.

They could never maintain it, but goodies to the first NHL star who cashes in, because that will be the only one to receive that kind of money. Smaller arenas, lower ticket prices, luxury boxes?? -- It's like the .com companies blowing ten times their revenues on marketing. It's to generate buzz and get noticed.

Rich owners simply trying to attract a marquee player to jumpstart their league ala Bobby Hull and the WHA.

They could never maintain it, but goodies to the first NHL star who cashes in, because that will be the only one to receive that kind of money. Smaller arenas, lower ticket prices, luxury boxes?? -- It's like the .com companies blowing ten times their revenues on marketing. It's to generate buzz and get noticed.

yea, but these russian owners dont' care about making money on the teams, they make money off natural resources and other stuff... Its like toys for big boys:) Don't be suprised when a North American franchise gets bought by a Russian businessman. Abramovich has been trying to buy a franchise for a while... Canucks and Stars at some point....

how do these russian teams find the money to pay the players so much? it's crazy!

apparently, americans drives theirs suvs, and wasted their railroads in favor of big trucks; china become a world's biggest factory of s***, consuming infamous mineral liquid called oil in upproportional quantity... it all requires buying lots of oil...

russians are one of the major sellers on this market. apparently they need the way to launder these crazy oil money. they have long figured sports are not bad choice... :)

Edited by ami

In Soviet Russia, player pays you!

Ok, I know that on Family Guy (or was it Simpsons?) the car said "In Soviet Russia, car drives you" but was that a reference to something else or was it the original? You never know with those shows.

Ok, I know that on Family Guy (or was it Simpsons?) the car said "In Soviet Russia, car drives you" but was that a reference to something else or was it the original? You never know with those shows.

I think it was in reference to a gag on an alcoholic beverage commercial where he's talks about looking for a party and delivers the punchline that in Soviet Russia, Party looks for you.