• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Bolts sign Vaclav Prospal

Rate this topic

This team still doesn't get it do they?

In order to win, you need a good defense. Their defense sucks and has sucked for a long time, as has their goaltending. They've gone out so far and made all the wrong moves.

Tampa will probably suck again next year, because they haven't addressed their biggest weakness.

It's management, methinks. They brought in Melrose because they want to sell more tickets. Then they secured Vinny for the rest of his career. Now they're trying to build a stacked forward corps around him. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Honestly, I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing this team in action. At the very least, it should be exciting to watch.

It's management, methinks. They brought in Melrose because they want to sell more tickets. Then they secured Vinny for the rest of his career. Now they're trying to build a stacked forward corps around him. Marketing, marketing, marketing.

Honestly, I'm actually kind of looking forward to seeing this team in action. At the very least, it should be exciting to watch.

But their scoring was already decent.

The problem was always that they gave up too many goals. They've spent all their money so far boosting something they already had. It's true that now they have a better 2nd line, but they're still going to be amongst the league leaders in goals given up.

Melrose was a defenseman, so I'm surprised he's fallen for this s***.

In order to win, you need a good defense. Their defense sucks and has sucked for a long time, as has their goaltending. They've gone out so far and made all the wrong moves.

Tampa will probably suck again next year, because they haven't addressed their biggest weakness.

But the year after they could be a force. I haven't crunched the numbers (don't care enough to), but if they build up their offense long-term, they can make some gains this season. Nothing substantial though. But it'll be enough to figure out who they can keep and who they can get rid of, then build their defense much the same way they did this year.

So, in a way, they're building half their team this year, half their team next year, then being a decent contender the second or third year.

It's a long-ass and unsubtle way of doing things, but maybe there is some logic to it.