• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
FireCaptain

Bettman tells Burke and Lowe to simmer down

Rate this topic

Like others have said, wonder what this says about Bettman's feelings since Burke has been running his mouth for almost a year and Lowe finally speaks up for himself and NOW its an issue.

Like others have said, wonder what this says about Bettman's feelings since Burke has been running his mouth for almost a year and Lowe finally speaks up for himself and NOW its an issue.

I think because Burke just kept the conversations about him and Lowe, whereas Lowe attacked the hockey community of Anaheim (definitely not good for tv ratings). Also, it takes two to argue, so honestly, I don't see anyone really stepping in until Lowe bites back, because honestly, there's no problem if its just one person complaining.

For all us Burke haters over here, that Lowe rant was absolutely CLASSIC!

Some highlights, off the top of my head:

"First of all, he's a moron."

"He left Dave Nonis with absolutely nothing in Vancouver."

"He's a media junkey."

"He's won a Stanley Cup, that's great, I've won 6. You wanna count rings?"

Basically, its a lot of what people around here have been saying all year. I've got a lot of respect for Kevin Lowe as a person (don't think he is a very good GM though), and for him to hold off as long as he did while Burke just kept running his mouth showed a lot of restraint. Every man has got his limit though, and I for one have no problem that Lowe shot back.

Now, Bettman is gonna step in (Burke: "Gary, make him stop saying mean things to me!), and rightfully so, as this feud really isn't good for the brand. But, its hard to say, given who is involved, whether or not it will really end there.

To me the biggest piece of Bull Poopy here is that after several media lashings from Burke, Bettman only decides to interact once Lowe finally responds. Over and over again Burke can do whatever the f he wants and say whatvever the f he wants and someone speaks up against him and Bettman is thier to rescue his embarresment. I hope Lowe does not keep quiet and I think this is another reason why people need to look into the Leadership in the NHL and the crooked ways it does buisness.

Kudos to Lowe.

To me the biggest piece of Bull Poopy here is that after several media lashings from Burke, Bettman only decides to interact once Lowe finally responds. Over and over again Burke can do whatever the f he wants and say whatvever the f he wants and someone speaks up against him and Bettman is thier to rescue his embarresment. I hope Lowe does not keep quiet and I think this is another reason why people need to look into the Leadership in the NHL and the crooked ways it does buisness.

Kudos to Lowe.

THAT'S what irks me most about this. You can be pro-Burke or anti-Burke...but how do you explain Bettman's timing on intervening in this feud? Is it because Lowe disparaged not only Burke but the market of Anaheim (and honestly, what Lowe said of Anaheim as a hockey market isn't untrue)? Perhaps. But is that any worse than Burke blaming Lowe for the woes of the entire league? Doubtful.

All said, Bettman's timing is curious as best and blatantly biased at worst.

THAT'S what irks me most about this. You can be pro-Burke or anti-Burke...but how do you explain Bettman's timing on intervening in this feud? Is it because Lowe disparaged not only Burke but the market of Anaheim (and honestly, what Lowe said of Anaheim as a hockey market isn't untrue)? Perhaps. But is that any worse than Burke blaming Lowe for the woes of the entire league? Doubtful.

Yes. Lowe said some very negetive things. Lets not forget that Burke said almost the same thing just in differant words when addressing Lowe failing the team and the market and tossing a gernade at everyone else. It is just BS and it drives me crazy.

To further that, I heard on the FAN590 radio station yesterday that Burke had, at some point during this feud made reference to "those Edmonton bastards". Now I'm not fluent in JackAss, but that does not sound particularly complementary to me either.

I think because Burke just kept the conversations about him and Lowe, whereas Lowe attacked the hockey community of Anaheim (definitely not good for tv ratings). Also, it takes two to argue, so honestly, I don't see anyone really stepping in until Lowe bites back, because honestly, there's no problem if its just one person complaining.

There is something very wrong with one person complianing when he also trashes the market and franchise of Edmonton. That is ridiculous. So in your logic if someone is teasing another person for being fat, or ugly or anything for that matter that it is not a problem until the person being made fun of defends himself?

F Bettman, Burke and thier Broke Back Mountain relationship.