• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingfan1991

driving directions from toronto to the joe

Rate this topic

Going to the home opener YAY!!! and been to the Joe 3x but its been a couple years.. what's the best route to take from 401 (Toronto).. go through windsor or sarnia? go through the tunnel or bridge? normally i take the bridge, and i plan on leaving thursday around 1pm.. bad move? i wanna get there for 6pm.. usually took me 3,5hrs max.

all input appreciated!

go through the tunnel in windsor is the best way. When you come out of the tunnel you turn left on jefferson which takes you right to the parking garage. this is by far the best way, I will also be going to the opener and im coming from london and taking the 401. I've been to the joe many times and this is the best route. Also leave around 12 since your coming from toronto, it took me 45 mins to get through the tunnel last time.

go through the tunnel in windsor is the best way. When you come out of the tunnel you turn left on jefferson which takes you right to the parking garage. this is by far the best way, I will also be going to the opener and im coming from london and taking the 401. I've been to the joe many times and this is the best route. Also leave around 12 since your coming from toronto, it took me 45 mins to get through the tunnel last time.

cool, thanks man.. do these directions from google maps sound accurate?

Take the Kings Hwy 401 E/Kings Hwy 401 W exit on the left

0.3 km

Keep right at the fork, follow signs for 401 W and merge onto HWY-401 W

345 km

Take exit 13 toward Dougall Ave

1.1 km

Merge onto Dougall Ave/HWY-3B

Continue to follow HWY-3B

9.6 km

Turn right at Wyandotte St E

0.2 km

Turn left at Goyeau St

74 m

Turn left at Detroit-Windsor Tunnel

Toll road

Entering United States (Michigan)

1.1 km

Detroit-Windsor Tunnel turns slightly leftand becomes Detroit-Windsor Tunnel

Partial toll road

0.9 km

Turn right at E Jefferson Ave

0.2 km

Turn right at Beaubien St

0.3 km

Turn right at Atwater St

0.7 km

Slight right at Civic Center Dr

Destination will be on the right

0.5 km

when you go through the tunnel.. is it just a toll booth? do they check for ID/passprt/license like the bridge? i assume they do that's why it took you 45 min???

i hear the bridge has major construction so not a good option this time around.. just worried if i leave for 12-1pm that i might not make it becaise of the bridge issue and everyone using the tunnel only.

Ive always found the Sarnia Bridge shorter as far as "getting over the boarder" but on the map its a longer route, you can however make up some time along that stretch of 402 hwy, however saying that last june on my way back from the cup parade there was construction on the 402 it was down to 1 lane in parts. The only real way to know is to take 3 cars and cross in 3 diff spots all leaving the same destination at the same time.

oh if you do go via Sarnia once your in Michigan dont forget hey are doing construction on 75 but I dont know if that will affect your drive going downtown thats a local question.

enjoy the game though you lucky bastard

cool, thanks man.. do these directions from google maps sound accurate?

Take the Kings Hwy 401 E/Kings Hwy 401 W exit on the left

0.3 km

Keep right at the fork, follow signs for 401 W and merge onto HWY-401 W

345 km

Take exit 13 toward Dougall Ave

1.1 km

Merge onto Dougall Ave/HWY-3B

Continue to follow HWY-3B

9.6 km

Turn right at Wyandotte St E

0.2 km

Turn left at Goyeau St

74 m

Turn left at Detroit-Windsor Tunnel

Toll road

Entering United States (Michigan)

1.1 km

Detroit-Windsor Tunnel turns slightly leftand becomes Detroit-Windsor Tunnel

Partial toll road

0.9 km

Turn right at E Jefferson Ave

0.2 km

Turn right at Beaubien St

0.3 km

Turn right at Atwater St

0.7 km

Slight right at Civic Center Dr

Destination will be on the right

0.5 km

when you go through the tunnel.. is it just a toll booth? do they check for ID/passprt/license like the bridge? i assume they do that's why it took you 45 min???

i hear the bridge has major construction so not a good option this time around.. just worried if i leave for 12-1pm that i might not make it becaise of the bridge issue and everyone using the tunnel only.

those directions are correct except I find it easier turning left on jefferson and parking in the cobo hall parking lot, but its up to you. They will check your passport one the american side and having your tickets in hand also help speed the process I find. as for taking me 45 minutes it was because the tunnel was just busy. thanks for the heads up about the bridge, guess I will have to leave earlier too

Definitely take the 401 through Windsor and use the tunnel. 402 through Sarnia/Port Huron is probably quicker to the north and east suburbs, but not to downtown Detroit, and the tunnel is much closer to the Joe than the bridge--and there's no construction closures near the tunnel.

You won't need a passport, but if you have one, it's the best form of ID. Otherwise, have your drivers' license and some other form(s) of Government-issued ID.

Where you go once you exit the tunnel depends on where you want to park. There are a lot of bars that have shuttles, so you could always go that route if you're 21 or older. If not, there's the People Mover all around downtown, you can find a place to park and ride the Mover to the game. If you're planning on parking in the Joe garage, turn right out of the tunnel, then take a quick u-turn left ("Michigan Left") and head toward Hart Plaza. Follow the signs for Jefferson Ave (don't get on the Lodge Freeway) as you go under Cobo Hall. The garage will be on your right as you resurface.

i go in there from windsor all the time

my suggestion would be to make a right turn, after the tunnel onto jefferson

take a right on beaubian

on your left hand side will be a parking garage that is only 6$, compared to the $15 they charge at the Joe

you would then cross the street to the RenCen and take the people mover (50cents) right to joe louis arena

this would be the most cost effective way

ps, try to get there around 6ish to be there in time for the ceremonies and everything

also, free mini banner giveaway!

have a great time, ill be there too

To get to Windsor just follow the 401 all the way there, and when you're in Windsor, you'll be south... Just go north, and once you're closer to the Detroit River, there will be signs everywhere directing you to the tunnel. It's pretty simple.

so i am planning a trip to the joe soon what forms of i.d. am i gonna need to get past that tunnel and will i have trouble getting back in to Canada? and would tickets to the game help?

you need a birth certificate and picture ID.

and you'll have more trouble getting into the U.S. than getting back into Canada.

yes, tickets to the game would help.

you need a birth certificate and picture ID.

and you'll have more trouble getting into the U.S. than getting back into Canada.

yes, tickets to the game would help.

oh s*** i don't have a birth cert from Canada i guess my license and pictured health card wont work. :ranting: still waiting for my citizenship test to be taken