No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
MacK_Attack

Darren McCarty cleared waivers

Rate this topic

Franzen also got to be chopped in the chest with a f***in' goalie stick

Lebda got knocked the f*** into a concussion against Calgary

Cujo was run at the end of a game

Lids was plastered by Lappy (who gives a s*** if it's clean, some ******* just took liberties with your Captain..DO SOMETHING!)

Homer had his face smashed into the f***in' glass (oh but don't worry, he scored a f***in' goal afterwards? what a f***in' load!)

Oh s***! Who prevailed on the scoreboard during those games!? I GUESS THAT DOESNT MATTER AS LONG AS WE GET A FIGHT NOW AND THEN RIGHT!?!

s*** Franzen got chopped and he scored a series clincher. I suppose he could have done better if someone had gotten some no talent hack backup goaltender back.

There are more, I'm just tired of typing and tired of our players taking abuse with no retribution. Just because a guy gets up afterwards (maybe) doesn't mean the culprit should be off the hook. Downey was excellent last year kicking ass and taking names. Once again, see Zetterberg's and other Red Wings' comments on the whole importance of the tough guy issue. Not everything has to absolutely translate to a point on the scoreboard to be a useful and important part of the overall goal.

puh-lease!

esteef

And you don't need to have a fighter dress every game just because you are afwade of big evil people on other teams.

I remember Kronwall making massive hits, and no one seemed to go after him. I suppose those teams are soft too?

What difference does it make to enforce when your team is getting the W anyways? s*** you'd think that fans who are so obsessed with getting every win imanginable would want to win rather than worry about scare tactics.

I'm all for having an enforcer on occassion, but I am not willing to run around in circles afraid of judgement day because we don't have them every game.

How often do our players get run in a season? And how many of those times were the lack of an enforcer a factor in the game?

I know my sentences are jumbled but you ENFORCERS OR BUST people really need to let it go.

Doc, that's exactly the overreaction I expected. Not all of those examples did the player get right up and score. I'm not saying bench clearing brawls every game, I'm saying an eye for an eye. Just because there are times when a player gets rocked and can get up and still play doesn't mean everything's cool. It's intimidation, it's second guessing, it's looking over your shoulder and it's alive and well in every sport whether you accept that the Mighty Red Wings are affected by it or not. These are the things that can keep a deep team like Detroit from winning a Stanley Cup. But don't worry, we'll just get 'em with the power play right?

esteef

Edited by esteef

Doc, that's exactly the overreaction I expected. Not all of those examples did the player get right up and score. I'm not saying bench clearing brawls every game, I'm saying an eye for an eye. Just because there are times when a player gets rocked and can get up and still play doesn't mean everything's cool. It's intimidation, it's second guessing, it's looking over your shoulder and it's alive and well in every sport whether you accept that the Mighty Red Wings are affected by it or not. These are the things that can keep a deep team like Detroit from winning a Stanley Cup. But don't worry, we'll just get 'em with the power play right?

esteef

And your proof of this theory is what?

And please don't feed me the BS about the Wings losing to the Ducks in the WCF because they got manhandled. Neither Schneids or Kronner's injuries were hit (clean or not) related, but their abscence had a direct affect on the PP, which sucked ass and should have scored on 5-3.

The Ducks didn't beat the Wings because they manhandled them, they just flat out beat them. The only dirty stuff was the hit on homer.

Edited by Opie

And your proof of this theory is what?

And please don't feed me the BS about the Wings losing to the Ducks in the WCF because they got manhandled. Neither Schneids or Kronner's injuries were hit (clean or not) related, but their abscence had a direct affect on the PP, which sucked ass and should have scored on 5-3.

The Ducks didn't beat the Wings because they manhandled them, they just flat out beat them. The only dirty stuff was the hit on homer.

:lol: Hold on while I go get my intimidation stats! You either believe it or you don't. The overwhelming notion as to the lack of Wings playoff success in recent years is that they were soft. Everybody said it, everybody reapeated it. Bring up missing d-men all you want but they weren't missing every year right? And since when is Schneider all of the sudden the deciding factor on if we win or not? People were ready to trade him for a bag of pucks. The Wings DID get manhandled by the Ducks, on the ice AND on the scoreboard.

Take it however you want,

esteef

:lol: Hold on while I go get my intimidation stats! You either believe it or you don't. The overwhelming notion as to the lack of Wings playoff success in recent years is that they were soft. Everybody said it, everybody reapeated it. Bring up missing d-men all you want but they weren't missing every year right? And since when is Schneider all of the sudden the deciding factor on if we win or not? People were ready to trade him for a bag of pucks. The Wings DID get manhandled by the Ducks, on the ice AND on the scoreboard.

esteef

I will wait for your stats and the statements that back up theory, while I post on your comments on my post. Mainly because you can't back up your theory so you divert attention to my post.

Schneids #2 (maybe 3) d-man on the team, gone for that round.

Kronwall #3 (maybe 4) d-man on the team, gone for that round.

What other year have the wings played a round missing 2 of its top 4 d-men?

What other year have the wings played a round missing 2 of its PP point men?

Who was all for trading Schneids for a bag of pucks?

His defense may have been lacking, but he was always here for his offense and his ability to work the PP.

One can argue that with Schneids and Kronwall in the line up Lilja isn't there to hand the puck to Selanne, but that is simply conjecture so we don't need to concern ourselves with this one.

Plus it is not like Ana was the 6th ranked team in the west and simply manhandled the wings, they were # 2 going into the postseason and had a 110 point season,making them the 4th best team in the league and tying them for 2nd with Nashville in the west. Teemu, Neids, Penner all had great seasons and post seasons. So it is not like they just punched their way to the finals, they just had a great balance!

Edit: There does not mean their!!

Edited by Opie

I think we're going to have to live with it for the regular season... but at least guys like Kronwall, Datsyuk, Franzen, Zetterberg and others have shown to really pick up the physical play in the playoffs (which *was* lacking prior to '07). It's probably best they do not do it in the regular season, let alone for the fact they have no one really watching their back.

As long as you can acknowledge this is all subjective we can continue.

WAAAAAIIIIT a minute there sailor...you do realize that this kind of thinking will cause the end of internet boards across the internets...all of them!! How dare you, sir...how dare you inject such a rational realization into this arena...you should be ashamed of yourself and I recommend a self imposed exile until you can regather your panties into a bunch and realize the sky IS falling like the rest of us. Good day! :P

whew! now that I have that off my chest there are some valid points...too few worth mentioning though. Anyone who thought Mac was going to float along on the roster the whole season obviously did not understand the nature of the contract he signed, along with Downey.

I will agree that we miss Drake's presence on the ice...he made every player of every opposing team not only look for the puck but also him. Players like that are few and far between...neither Mac nor Downey are that player

Furthermore the grit slappies or fight mongers or toughness turds whatever you call them will never be satisfied until we get the reincarnation of Probert and Kocur...and how many championships did we win with them? guess what...aint gonna happen while kenny is running the team...I would take trophies and championships over arbitrarily defined "toughness" any day.

brutus

Edited by brutus

esteef

Just so you know where I am coming from, if you were to say the wings were missing what Drake brought in the post season, big hits, forechecking, tenacious play, I am in 100% agreement. I just don't agree that they need an enforcer.

+1

Kopecky is the only player on this team who really hasn't done ANYTHING worth merit and still gets a roster spot. You can say Sammy puts up points for the money, you can say Maltby is a top PKer and a definite agitator, but Kopecky? I got nothin.

How can you say Kopecky has done nothing? He Let Hossa live with him,they cant send him down until Hossa finds a place. :lol: