• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Lilja had appendectomy; Conklin to start tomorrow

Rate this topic

QFT. At times, I've been more comfortable with him on the ice than Kronwall, Stuart, or Rafalski. Albeit Lilja's max-out point in terms of his capabilities is really only a #5 Dman, hes still the only guy who, in my eyes, has played well in his role. Every other Dman has played slightly to considerably below what they're capable of.

No s***, he's got the first big hit of the season! He's really starting to stand guys up at the blueline more since Kronner's been here.

Cheers to Lilly!

esteef

I'm not the biggest Lilja fan, but I have to say, he's been a solid player for a while now. I was impressed with the way he improved last year, and I have to say, I really don't have any problems anymore with the way he plays now. He's a #5 defenseman, and he plays his position well. He's great on the pk, blocks a ton of shots, and doesn't make a lot of big mistakes anymore. He doesn't playthe game like Lidstrom, but then no one really expects that, do they? I think he does well for what he is paid. That's why he was re-signed.

Agreed. People were screaming at him during the Rangers game (out of force of habit, I guess). But I thought he looked pretty solid. Kept it simple. blocked shots. Killed penalties. The only thing I wanted to see more, which is a constant, is using his size to be more physical.

People were screaming at him because he skated slowly because he blocked a shot with his foot and that hurt him.

that's no excuse!

:lol:

I still don't get how he could possible be back by Friday after having hernia surgery.

Appendectomy and Hernia are two different things, but your point still remains valid. Although some people have come back in a few days, I think he is best served sitting out a couple of weeks.

So you think the pressure of being traded has him coming back sooner?

that's no excuse!

:lol:

I still don't get how he could possible be back by Friday after having hernia surgery.

When I first heard that Lilja will be out of tonight's game I thought it was because of his foot that he hurt against Rangers. I hadn't learned yet about his tummy.

Edited by P. Marlowe

Appendectomy and Hernia are two different things, but your point still remains valid. Although some people have come back in a few days, I think he is best served sitting out a couple of weeks.

So you think the pressure of being traded has him coming back sooner?

oops, I said hernia?

I meant appendectomy. Still that seems really fast, even arthroscopically.(sp?)

I dont know that it's the trade pressure. Maybe it's because he's our only enforcer. :D

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/10/li...re_days_to.html

Lilja needs a few more days to recover from appendectomy

Posted by George James Malik October 23, 2008 06:24AM

The Detroit News's Dave Dye reports that even laparoscopic surgery can't perform a three-day recovery miracle for Andreas Lilja, whose sore abdomen needs a full week to heal from his appendectomy:

October 23, Detroit News: "The surgery was a success, but he's in a little bit of pain," [Red Wings GM Ken] Holland said Wednesday after talking with Lilja and Dr. Anthony Colucci, the Wings' team physician. "I think that's normal.

"He's probably not going to play this weekend (Friday vs. Atlanta, Saturday at Chicago). Monday is a possibility (at Los Angeles). Wednesday is probably for sure (at Anaheim).

"He probably needs the weekend just to be sure." Lilja is likely to return to practice this weekend, Holland said.

This means one thing for Derek Meech: he needs to make hay over the next three or four games, because Lilja will be sorely (no pun intended) missed if he's unable to play against the physical Ducks.

http://blog.mlive.com/snapshots/2008/10/li...re_days_to.html

Lilja needs a few more days to recover from appendectomy

Posted by George James Malik October 23, 2008 06:24AM

The Detroit News's Dave Dye reports that even laparoscopic surgery can't perform a three-day recovery miracle for Andreas Lilja, whose sore abdomen needs a full week to heal from his appendectomy:

October 23, Detroit News: "The surgery was a success, but he's in a little bit of pain," [Red Wings GM Ken] Holland said Wednesday after talking with Lilja and Dr. Anthony Colucci, the Wings' team physician. "I think that's normal.

"He's probably not going to play this weekend (Friday vs. Atlanta, Saturday at Chicago). Monday is a possibility (at Los Angeles). Wednesday is probably for sure (at Anaheim).

"He probably needs the weekend just to be sure." Lilja is likely to return to practice this weekend, Holland said.

This means one thing for Derek Meech: he needs to make hay over the next three or four games, because Lilja will be sorely (no pun intended) missed if he's unable to play against the physical Ducks.

Damn!

That means we'll have to wait for the long-awaited rematch between Lilja and Sharp.

Damn!

That means we'll have to wait for the long-awaited rematch between Lilja and Sharp.

Don't worry, he'll be back for the latter match against Travis Moen.