• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NeverForgetMac25

10/29 GDT: Ducks 5, Red Wings 4 (OT)

Rate this topic

Guest mindfly

I've lost all faith in NHL... and all this because they want more money from stupid homers... how the hell did it turn into a garbage league :(

The refs didn't change the outcome of this game the Wings did. Most of those calls had to be made, its hockey 101 to know that you need to be on your best behavior when you already have a guy in the box.

The loss isn't a big deal, what's a big deal to me is the way in which the Wings are playing right now. Stupid mental mistakes, Z's interference, Lilja hit to the head, Kronwall and Sammy's play in general. Lidstrom's pass in the first period that got picked by Niedemeyer is a perfect example, with speed that pass goes through or at the worst rolls over Niedemeyer's stick. instead Lidstrom sends it slow and its picked, nothing happened on that particular play but its indicative of team that is playing right now on autopilot.

Anyone who has played sports knows that overwhelming talent and firepower can lead to a seriously lackadaisical effort, when you win after such an effort the whole thing is only further reinforced.

I think bringing up a guy like Helm who is super high energy would help the team finds its motivation.

Maybe it wasn't clear if you only see two dimensions & you're at a 45 degree angle looking down...

But these are humans and they see more than two dimensions. Anyone with a brain could look at anyone of those TV angles & see that, logically, his stick is above the crossbar.

I'm just worried about the fact that I almost expected them to call it a goal.

Um, I have a brain. And here's a newsflash, if you're watching it on t.v., you're watching it in two dimensions, not three. And the camera angle wasn't shooting straight on at crossbar height, which makes it difficult to tell exactly where things are in relation to each other.

His stick was above the crossbar, when he started swinging for sure, when he made contact, it was pretty friggin close.

The humans on the ice who see in more than two dimensions and are refs called it a goal. The humans on the ice who see in more than two dimensions and were Wings players started skating immediately to the locker room, including Ozzy. If it was clearly a high stick, you don't think he or anyone nearby would've complained?

And I don't want to hear any b.s. about them wanting to get off the ice. Then you're basically saying the Wings were so uninterested in this game that they were willing to give up a point just so they could get to their hotels sooner. If that's the case, I'd gladly hand Anaheim a point.

Um, I have a brain. And here's a newsflash, if you're watching it on t.v., you're watching it in two dimensions, not three. And the camera angle wasn't shooting straight on at crossbar height, which makes it difficult to tell exactly where things are in relation to each other.

His stick was above the crossbar, when he started swinging for sure, when he made contact, it was pretty friggin close.

The humans on the ice who see in more than two dimensions and are refs called it a goal. The humans on the ice who see in more than two dimensions and were Wings players started skating immediately to the locker room, including Ozzy. If it was clearly a high stick, you don't think he or anyone nearby would've complained?

Refs have seen things in three dimensions and called them wrong anyways. The actions of the players and referees don't prove anything other than that was their view. They don't have over the top view or slow motion views. They have only one, which can be skewed in many different ways.

The fact is the Toronto staff came up with a decision way too quickly. If it is a close call then they would take multiple looks and this was a close call.

The call simply goes to the home team. Like it or not. It was total BS, don't get me wrong, I instantly knew it was a high stick and asked myself why Osgood was skating to the locker room. But it doesn't change the fact that a play that sorta close goes to the home team. Think baseball. Close plays always go to the runner.

The refs didn't change the outcome of this game the Wings did. Most of those calls had to be made, its hockey 101 to know that you need to be on your best behavior when you already have a guy in the box.

To me, it's hockey 101 that you can get away with a little bit more when you've already got a guy in the box.

Hey guys,

It's been a while since I have been here but I wanted to get some Wings fan perspectives on the game last night. It was a great game and I would have said the same thing had the Ducks lost. That OT goal was borderline and is tough tell based on the angles that I have seen.

One thing that I think has been overlooked by a lot of people is that the Ducks would have had a powerplay if they had ruled that as a no goal since Rafalski hooked Getzlaf. By no means does that mean that the Ducks would have scored, but a 4-3 powerplay is dangerous.

Again, congrats on the Cup last year and your great start. I will be cheering for you tonight against San Jose. You guys are a scary good team.