• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
RainingBlood

for anyone that is watching the ducks broadcast

Rate this topic

How can they not realize there was a hat trick and that they should throw their hats on the ice??

Because people in california dont know hockey. They use all the wood from broken stick to prolly make surf boards

worst.most.biased.announcers.ever

I dunno if you are a baseball fan or not, and i am not watching the ducks broadcast so i don't know the extent of the announcer's horribleness, but it's hard to believe there are more biased announcers than the White Sox guys. I can't even watch their games on WGN, even if i am extremely bored. They get angry when it isn't going the Sox way, its bad.

Guest Shoreline

Here's an idea: Try listening to it.

At least those in California can grasp that much.

Yeah you never really appreciate the subtle things like the standard center ice camera angles until they shove 8 more angles down your throat every chance they get, with each one making it nearly impossible to see the play.

There were several times during that game they had the camera from directly behind each teams goal showing play going through the neutral zone into the other teams end.

You finally realize how good the Detroit broadcast when you are forced to watch crap like that.

Guest Shoreline
Yeah you never really appreciate the subtle things like the standard center ice camera angles until they shove 8 more angles down your throat every chance they get, with each one making it nearly impossible to see the play.

There were several times during that game they had the camera from directly behind each teams goal showing play going through the neutral zone into the other teams end.

You finally realize how good the Detroit broadcast when you are forced to watch crap like that.

Not that you probably couldn't see it in the Detroit broadcast (I'd have preferred it too), but the angles actually helped show the shots angle to the net, breakouts, and especially in the third a blatant interference on the Ducks go uncalled.

Edited by Shoreline

The usefullness of these crazy ass camera angles is on replays. The more camera angles you can get while the refs review a call, or when someone scores a goal, the better. But watching a whole game like this is ridiculous and un-enjoyable, not to mention almost impossible on a sucky internet stream.

I don't get worked up by broadcasters during games and take what they say with a grain of salt. Fans of the opposing team will almost always look for reasons why annoucers or disrespecting their team, or being homers for the team they broadcast for. Pick a handful of Wings fans in here or anywhere, you can expect their to be a pro-Red Wings bias or fans of other teams outside the Wings crying that we're stroking the Wings ego as well. Works both ways.

I just like to watch the game and usually tune annoucers out. With that being said, the camera angles they used were not too good. I couldn't tell that most of the goals were scored until after the reactions of the annoucers or the crowd. It just needs to be kept simple. Camera views from the stands, that's it. None of this on-ice camera stuff while the game is in-progress. It is just too hard to keep track of. The only other camera angle that I like is more of a behind-the-net shot from high up like NBC sometimes uses on power plays.

For some unknown reason on DirectTV they only showed the Detroit feed in standard definition (probably had something to do with the game being broadcasted on FSN+). I had to choose between watching the game with the Ducks' feed and their sportscasters in HD or watch Ken and Larry on FSN+ in standard def. I figured I'd watch it on the Ducks feed (simply due to the HD) until their announcers annoyed me beyond what I could tolerate. However the camera angles annoyed me before the announcers even had a chance. I actually watched the game in standard def just to get away from those s*** angles.

is it just me....but when the wings were not killing penalties they looked like the owned the play, i thought they looked great...aside from the lazy ass 5-3 and subsequent 5-4 pp they had in the 3rd they looked lazy. Cleary had a great game, Z was outstanding, Pav and Hoss were awesome, homer was good. Fil still can not skate but that is another topic.

I watched the game in HD here in NY and I hated the camera angles for the most part. I did however like it when for play down low and behind the net. Otherwise stick to the standard camera shot.

I had to record the game and watch it later, so I had to make the choice bewteen Wings announcers in standard def, or the ducks guys in HD. I figured it couldn't be that bad, so I chose the HD ducks feed. I chose....unwisely. I didn't mind the homerism that much, you have to expect it. It was the mispronouncing of Hudler and Kopecky's names that really bugged me. Your professionals, do your home work. Also can't stand it when announcers get their facts wrong. They said the wings have been to overtime twice this season, both going to shoot outs. Apparently they forgot about the OT loss to Vancouver. Hard to blame them I guess. I wanted to forget that game to.

Although I thoroughly enjoyed Selanne crying after about the waived off goal. What a little girl.