• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingnut4013

Lebda+Lilja

Rate this topic

I've actually noticed a gradual increase in the level of Lilja respect this season - a lot less people on his case. Good on him for winning the fans over, if he keeps this up the Pain Train is going to actually assume full-on cult status :)

Anyway, Lilja-Lebda is not even close to "worst wings D pairing ever". C'mon guys, there's got to be some combination of Yan Golubovsky, Uwe Krupp and Max Kuznetzov that could out-underperform them!

Quick turnaround... :P

lilja-is-not-amused.gif

I'm worried about Lids too. He's not himself, not at all. I mean, getting his pocket picked by a rookie? That's just one of many problems he's had this season.

I think it's the visor. I am totally being serious here too.

And yes Lils has been awesome. I am proud of him. lol

I say that we keep Lilja and waive Lebda and hope some team will take him off our hands.

As for Lidstrom, I think that the visor is really messing with his timing and confidence. I wish that he would take it off. The chances of him getting hit in the eye again are probably pretty slim. I just don't see how he can go from being the best defenseman in the world in June to being only average in October. It can't be age since it has only been four months since they won the Cup and nobody ages that quickly. I blame the visor.

Edited by LidsFan

lol love the lilja picture he honestly looks like a UFC fighter there haha, and as for norris nick, im totaly with you guys on that, he does need to get rid of the visor, lets face it hes played his whole career without one, and now to just switch over i dont know, i hope he gets rid of it, and im pretty sure by december or january he'll realize and will remove it i get the feeling...

Lilja has been one of our best defenseman this season how could anyone say Lebda has done anything but be a horrible #6 possibly worst in the league. Maybe we should put Lilja on line 1 and Lidstrom that scrub on line 3... Ok I kid, but seriously Lids doesn't look like himself, we have a few more games before it really becomes a concern. It could also be the pinching of Ralfaski to much, or the offense really hasn't back checked as much as usual, idk.

I think it's the visor. I am totally being serious here too.

That's what I've been thinking too. I know he insists that he's getting used to it, but his play this season says otherwise. I'm not going to begrudge the man for taking a safety precaution like that - how many of us have ever taken a speeding puck to the eye? - but it's clear that it's screwing up his game in ways that we've never seen before.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not saying that his safety (or at the very least, his own perception of safety) isn't important - it is. But if he wants to be the Norris-winning defenseman that we all know, he needs to get over that hump and TRULY get used to playing with the visor or decide that freak accidents will happen, visor or not (I've seen players get sticks to the face up BEHIND the visor, effectively trapping the stick up there) and ditch the visor. Because as of right now, he's not contending for the spot of best defenseman in the league and, in fact, runs the risk of not even being the best defenseman on the Wings (extreme, I know, but the possibility exists).

lilja f's things up way to much, i know his first game back was pretty good, but other nights he loses it. Lebda has good nights, he's a pretty good player.

Ericsson i think deserves to be playing in Detroit right now, Meech personally hasn't done much for me when i've seen him play this season. (he was great last year) this year he kept falling on the ice everytime i saw him, missing scoring chances, was on the ice for goals on the other team.

lilja f's things up way to much, i know his first game back was pretty good, but other nights he loses it. Lebda has good nights, he's a pretty good player.

You know Lilja is the big guy wearing number 3 right? :unsure:

Ericsson i think deserves to be playing in Detroit right now, Meech personally hasn't done much for me when i've seen him play this season. (he was great last year) this year he kept falling on the ice everytime i saw him, missing scoring chances, was on the ice for goals on the other team.

last night was the first night since the first few games that i saw him make a bonehead mistake, literally, he started off slow but has been steady las of late.

Lilja:

GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA GW GT SOG Pct Hits BlkSh TOI

2008-09 DET 9 0 0 0 -1 6 0 0 0 0 0 0 9 .000 16 16 16:39

lebda:

GP G A Pts +/- PIM PPG PPA SHG SHA GW GT SOG Pct Hits BlkSh TOI

2008-09 DET 11 0 0 0 -9 4 0 0 0 0 0 0 10 .000 9 5 12:52