• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

goodle

Lidstrom this season has racked up over 400 TOI and 0 PIM

Rate this topic

I think the title speaks for itself. Do they even keep records on this stuff?

Even though the season is young, does anyone else think lids will be bringing home a two or more trophies this year? (Norris and Lady Byng and hopefully a Cup and an MVP or two)

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/teams/stats?...reg&split=0

Looking at his stats, I see that his +/- is way down. Usually he is (or nearly) leading the entire league. I don't get to see many games for various reasons ,but what is going on? Is it in correlation with the above no PIM? By that I mean he isn't battling other players as tightly as he has in years past. Is it a matter of too many assignments on the ice, maybe he is playing the 1st and 3rd parings as well as PP and SH? I dunno, I know a lot of people blow the +/- statistic out of proportion and I don't mean to be one of those people. It is just out of the ordinary.

edit: i originally confused the Hart trophy with the Lady Byng

Edited by goodle

The Wings collectively got off to a poor start defensively, both individually (including Nick, by his lofty standards) and as a unit. They've been getting the motor running again these last couple tilts and I'd say there's plenty of time and opportunity for Nick to recapture the Norris. There's virtually no chance he'll have a shot at the Hart Byng with the way offenses have hit the ground running through the first quarter of the year.

Edited by Heroes of Hockeytown

Usually when a player has 0 PIM.. It makes me think they are not playing gritty enough, but for Lids, it's the absolute best thing. He doesn't need PIMs.

I could see him ousting Datsyuk for the Byng, easily. As for the Norris, hell Kronwall might have a better chance than Lids this year. Overall, I'd take Boyle, Pronger, and Kuba over Lidstrom so far, but thats just me.

Season's still young my friend.

Guest Four
I could see him ousting Datsyuk for the Byng, easily. As for the Norris, hell Kronwall might have a better chance than Lids this year. Overall, I'd take Boyle, Pronger , and Kuba over Lidstrom so far, but thats just me.

:ranting:

Edited by Four

Looking at his stats, I see that his +/- is way down. Usually he is (or nearly) leading the entire league. I don't get to see many games for various reasons ,but what is going on?

The Wings collectively got off to a poor start defensively, both individually (including Nick, by his lofty standards) and as a unit.

In addition to the Wings' poor defensive start, it certainly doesn't help the +/- when a large chunk of the scoring comes on the powerplay.

Even strength goals against + PP goals for = lots of mediocre +/- stats