• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Heaton

Helm up, McCarty tp GR (+ line combos vs Habs)

Rate this topic

Guest E_S_A_D
That sucks.

This does suck. It's a direct result from McCarty fighting Darcy Hordichuk up by a goal the other day. The Wings are now officially, as if there wasn't any question, the softest team in the NHL again. Darcy Hordichuk was interviewed in between periods and said "McCarty said, sure I'll fight, I owe you one from the playoffs". Too bad, it earned him a spot in Grand Rapids.

The only cool thign is that this OFFICIALLY makes it easy for me now to know where to spend my money over the 10 days off for the Holidays from work... The Griffins, not the Red Wings.

Kopecky-Datsyuk-Hossa

Franzen-Zetterberg-Samuelsson

Hudler-Filppula-Helm

Meech-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lebda-Lilja

I really like that 3rd line, tons of speed there.

OH NOES!!!11 The Wings are going to be too soft for the big bad Canadiens tonight.

I'm sorry but gimme a break. This entire board was complaining Monday night about the team not showing any killer instinct after the Datsyuk goal and has consistently brought up the fact that the Wings aren't forechecking like they were last season. Helm is great start in that direction. I think they'll be able to handle it without Mac for the time being.

All this does is affect the people that *need* to see a fight every game to be entertained. Personally, I want to see the in-your-face team the Wings were in the playoffs last year much more than a fight tonight.

How can anyone think that this move sucks? I like Mac, like everyone else here. But I would much rather have Helm up right now, contributing like he did in the playoff run last season.

There are more deserving players *cough* Kopecky to be sent down than Mac. Hes done his job better than anyone thought he ever could.

There are more deserving players *cough* Kopecky to be sent down than Mac. Hes done his job better than anyone thought he ever could.

Kopecky would get claimed McCarty won't. Hence the reason why he was sent down.

Mac has a better shot of clearing waivers than Kopecky, not to mention the fact that he makes more money.

Whoops...Heaton beat me to it.

Guest E_S_A_D
Sweet! been looking forward to seeing Helm play some more.

Kopecky would get claimed McCarty won't. Hence the reason why he was sent down.

My assumptions have proven correct. I've asked myself a number of times... Could it really be JUST the economy that the Red Wings can't sell out a regular season game anymore? Nawww, Lions still do sometimes and they're 0-11. Wings fans don't want to see this kind of hockey, they'd rather spend it on hard nosed blue collar hockey.

I'm so glad my Family made the decision to not renew our season tickets years back. Brilliant. This new generation of hockey fans are hard to take.

Wow. Let Kopecky get claimed if that's the big worry, I'd have much rather of had that then Quincy.

Quincy; however, did not fit the adequete 'soft mold'. Lets see-

he hit, could fight, and has over 10 points in NHL for LA. NOT good for Wings.

Ya that sounds about right, I mean thats what we need, another mid sized, offensive minded winger - we don't have nearly enough of them.

Here's to being a well rounded squad!

Clearly you forgot the type of role Helm played for the Wings during the playoffs last year. He's a forechecking machine which is what the Wings are lacking right now. Toughness isn't a problem like some people here seem to think.

Is Meech "waiveble"? If you replace Meech with McCarty in that lineup i would be really satisfied. All in all, thats a really nice looking lineup.. (I have nothing against Meech, just think that we need a little bit more edgy last player on the roster)

Guest E_S_A_D

I'm relatively new here, but are the Mods on this board all Ken Holland's cousins; maybe Al's?

Or... I'm sensing a strong Swedish dialect.

Is Meech "waiveble"? If you replace Meech with McCarty in that lineup i would be really satisfied. All in all, thats a really nice looking lineup.. (I have nothing against Meech, just think that we need a little bit more edgy last player on the roster)

Nope, Meech would get claimed.

Clearly you forgot the type of role Helm played for the Wings during the playoffs last year. He's a forechecking machine which is what the Wings are lacking right now. Toughness isn't a problem like some people here seem to think.

lol. Right.

So ya, back to my original point:

Here's to having a well rounded squad!

Guest E_S_A_D

I think I'm going to skip the December 30th game I was going to go to against Chicago... One of my friends is in store for free section 114 tickets.

I'm headed to GR! Downey and Mac? Heart, determination, and standing up for your teammates? Yes!

Poor Hossa, he must think it's a practical joke... he had the protection of Georges Laraque last year, now he's got the protection of... Lilja? LOL

I'm relatively new here, but are the Mods on this board all Ken Holland's cousins; maybe Al's?

Or... I'm sensing a strong Swedish dialect.

Nope, just a good portion of us are realistic. The majority of us don't feel a guy that fights is the end-all answer that a bunch of the grit-slappies seem to think they are. Against the fast-skating Canadiens, replacing Mac with Helm is a great move. Mac struggles against faster teams, and Helm excels against them. Great move my Babs.

I think I'm going to skip the December 30th game I was going to go to against Chicago... One of my friends is in store for free section 114 tickets.

I'm headed to GR! Downey and Mac? Heart, determination, and standing up for your teammates? Yes!

Poor Hossa, he must think it's a practical joke... he had the protection of Georges Laraque last year, now he's got the protection of... Lilja? LOL

Downey has been a healty scratch in GR since he's really not doing anything of use and odds are McCarty will get a few games with extra minutes in GR then be called back up.

As for Laraque, there's a reason why he was let go by the Penguins, he doesn't fight anymore or at least he doesn't fight for real anymore.

It's obvious that you're a fight fan but get a grip.

Go whine somewhere else.

Guest E_S_A_D
lol. Right.

So ya, back to my original point:

Here's to having a well rounded squad!

Lol, TOTALLY AGREE!

It's obvious it's going to take a Hossa, Datsyuk, Zetterberg caliber injury from a big hit from a guy like Janssen or someone for the Wings to wake up and listen to their OWN Captain, Nick Lidstrom. Lidstrom has said repeatedly the team plays more relaxed and likes knowing they don't have to keep their head up QUITE as much with a Downey type player on the ice.

What a joke.