• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

12/13 GDT: Red Wings 5 at Coyotes 4, (SO)

Rate this topic

I really bad defensive team with lazy turn-overs, terrible goaltending, and an inconsistent effort?

But hey, if you want to believe come playoff time this team will flip a switch, be my guest.

You know, I'm a pessimist, but if I was as negative as you, I don't know how I'd keep on living. I don't think I've ever seen a single positive post coming from you...not that that's necessarily wrong, because this is a place to express your opinion, but I'm wondering if you're ever happy with anything other than an 8-0 win where the shots are 50 to 3.

You're right that this won't get it done in the playoffs, but that's 5 months away. And yes, I'm sick of this 4 GA s*** every night too.

i dunno what games some of you watched, this was a great game. i was there and maybe i saw a totally game. ozzie was the bomb, especially in the SO, made some huge saves, and on the doan goal, sometimes you just get beat. we had some good chances that we did follow through, but we also caught the post alot tonight. the coyotes are a terrible puck possession team, the shot that guy missed on the EN has gotta have him kicking himself. it was really short by just a hair, but he had full control and shouldve buried it. franzens goal totally deflated the whole arena, actually both of them, many of the coyotes fans looked like they got a fart to the face, it was great!! there was alot of good hustle, and i thought chelios was great, for his TOI. my only complaint was the coyotes tying goal for 3-3. terrible defense, but no ones perfect.. got damn franzens goals were sick. for the shoot out, zetterberg and hudler absolutely undressed and downright fooled bryzgalov. that guy really is a tool, you should see the videos they put up of him during the game. 4-0 in the SO!! lets keep it going. awesome game, so glad i was a part of it. it sucked, when the coyotes got their second goal my dad and brothers were getting stuff at the snack bar and i was surrounded by yotes fans all by myself !

edit: ZDH was awesome

Edited by j.hoop

Ahhh, finally somebody's buttons got pushed, Yeah i see babcock mixing up the lines so we have chemistry when someone goes down and experimenting with different lines,

Whats that got to do with the price of fish? :blink:

also who said we had rock-solid goaltending ever- not me

Can't win the cup without it :)

So my fellow fair weather poster get your hopes down and go to another sport that you understand a little better

Wow, so I'm a fair weather fan because I point out that 4 GA every night won't get it done in the playoffs? Not that I have to defend myself to anyone but FWIW I've been following this team since '92 - half the people on this board weren't even born then. And another sport I understand a little better? Is that until I have a different opinion to yours on that one as well? Still, aren't England doing well in India?

Also tough guy, Bueller outsmarted everone else jackhole so don't get me started
Huh, what are you talking about? :unsure: Are you just going to insult me, or would you care to name another game, apart from Anaheim 2-1, were we played like the 07-08 Wings?

As I said before I will say again that made some fair weather fans cry last year,

If you have no hope for the team then go elsewhere CHAP

I assure you I was not one of the Chicken Lickens last year - I was totally confident that we would win the Cup because the team were playing with a chip on their shoulder, to prove that they weren't too old, too soft and too European to win the Cup and Babs had them playing Playoff style hockey ALL SEASON LONG.

Right now I do not believe this team has the heart or the desire to make a long playoff run (Hossa excepted). Of course I will keep watching them - one hopes the players will wake up and play like we know they can, but its nearly Christmas now and still no change. Time is running out because as of now this team is a San Jose elimination waiting to happen.

Now, are you going to constructively argue how we can win the cup playing like this, or are you going to continue with the baseless insults?

You know why we're the defending stanley cup champs? Because last season, game in and game out, night after night, we brought our A game - 60 minutes of effort, a ferocious forecheck, tireless backchecking, suffocating defense and rock-solid goaltending. How many times this season have we brought our A game from last year? Anaheim? Uh, and that's about it? Anyone other ones? Bueller?

I see you fail to mention our atrocious goals-against this season in your post. Until that is fixed we ain't winning jack in the playoffs.

Actually, i remember a lot of complaints of not playing a full 60 minutes of hockey last season aswell. I guess people can always find stuff to ***** about (though i agree that the team need to step it up if they are going to have success in the postseason).

Whats that got to do with the price of fish? :blink:

Can't win the cup without it :)

Wow, so I'm a fair weather fan because I point out that 4 GA every night won't get it done in the playoffs? Not that I have to defend myself to anyone but FWIW I've been following this team since '92 - half the people on this board weren't even born then. And another sport I understand a little better? Is that until I have a different opinion to yours on that one as well? Still, aren't England doing well in India?

Huh, what are you talking about? :unsure: Are you just going to insult me, or would you care to name another game, apart from Anaheim 2-1, were we played like the 07-08 Wings?

I assure you I was not one of the Chicken Lickens last year - I was totally confident that we would win the Cup because the team were playing with a chip on their shoulder, to prove that they weren't too old, too soft and too European to win the Cup and Babs had them playing Playoff style hockey ALL SEASON LONG.

Right now I do not believe this team has the heart or the desire to make a long playoff run (Hossa excepted). Of course I will keep watching them - one hopes the players will wake up and play like we know they can, but its nearly Christmas now and still no change. Time is running out because as of now this team is a San Jose elimination waiting to happen.

Now, are you going to constructively argue how we can win the cup playing like this, or are you going to continue with the baseless insults?

way to go nev !!

your Saskatchewan buddy agrees here

we can beat the soft teams on reputation largely but this type of effort won't get us anywhere i the playoffs

this team is arrogant these days and they get burnt by it from time to time

the work ethic better kick in after christmas cause if all us rubes on the forums can see it surely the other players and coaches in the league see it too

these guys are playing on reputation largely this year

time to pick it up bring up a few of the youngsters in the minors who would be thrilled to be out there

maybe some enthusiasm would rub off on the vets who are floating out there

You're right that this won't get it done in the playoffs, but that's 5 months away. And yes, I'm sick of this 4 GA s*** every night too.

I guess as long as the offense continues to generate at one more goal that the opponent, most here seem OK with the 'tending this season. Playoffs will be here before you know it!

The D is taking the brunt of the blame for the team GAA. Perhaps that's really the case, and if so they'd better get their acts together. Should the current offensive effort revert to the de rigueur 2-goals-per-game situation we had last season, that W total might not look so good.

From what I saw of the the 1st period and then highlights after that, it seemed like Ozzie played well and most of the goals weren't entirely his fault (i.e. Kronwall screening him on the first one). Horrible defensive effort, creative offensive effort, and a win in the end. Can't complain about those 2 points, but this defense has to get itself together before April.

Guest lnvincible
From what I saw of the the 1st period and then highlights after that, it seemed like Ozzie played well and most of the goals weren't entirely his fault (i.e. Kronwall screening him on the first one). Horrible defensive effort, creative offensive effort, and a win in the end. Can't complain about those 2 points, but this defense has to get itself together before April.

Anyone have video highlights of this game?

i forgot to mention, phoenix fans are some of the worst ive encountered. they booed the loudest ive ever heard at the call on carcillo when he rode filpulla to the boards and hit him again, as if it was perfectly legal. they also cheered every time the coyotes got the puck like they are on a break away. also alot of them kept saying, put on more lotion chelios !! i turned to one and said, dude, hes in better shape than you are, and 20 years older. besides, this dude had braces !!

I only got to hear little snippets of the game last night on XM. When I started listening, it was 2-2. Then I got to hear the Wings go ahead by a goal. Leave the car, start packing some stuff into it to take to the house and when I'm back in the car, it's 4-3 Coyotes. Which didn't surprise me at all. I did get to hear the Franzen goal though. I was certain that once we had pulled Ozzie AND were on the PP (free icing for the Yotes) that the ENG would be a gimme for 'em.

From what I heard of the game, it sounded like a lot of good back and forth action. Still, we shouldn't be giving up 4 goals to the Coyotes. I'm pleased we were able to get 4 as well, though (and then, technically, a 5th and 6th in the shootout) because Bryz is no slouch as a goaltender. That, at least, says something about this team's ability to score - it's there. Defending, not so much.

I'm assuming Lilja played balls to the wall, of course. :D

EDIT: Oh yeah, how did Cheli look in his return anyway? I'm assuming rusty, but then, you sometimes never know what you're going to get when it comes to Cheli.

Edited by edicius