• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Hockeytown0001

Canucks acquire LaBarbera

Rate this topic

I don't get that move either, Sanford is better than Labarbera IMO, and unless Loungo is going to be out longer than everyone is saying than he'll be there to backup Sanford.

And the inability to keep a goaltender in net goes on in LA. That franchise is a joke, and the laughing stock of LA's major sports teams.

And I would have to agree, that this looks like a move to cover for Luongo longer term. He must be really hurt, for them to make a big move. Vancouver scored then, if they only gave up a seventh rounder.

And the inability to keep a goaltender in net goes on in LA. That franchise is a joke, and the laughing stock of LA's major sports teams.

And I would have to agree, that this looks like a move to cover for Luongo longer term. He must be really hurt, for them to make a big move. Vancouver scored then, if they only gave up a seventh rounder.

Did you forget the Clippers? :unsure:

Luongo is skating and should return shortly, but if he does get injured again, they don't want Schneider riding the pine as opposed to getting playing time in the AHL. Labarbera was a VERY cheap option that allows the Nucks some security if Luongo goes down without having to sacrifice any of their future goaltenders development.

yes and no. yes I did forget about the Clippers, and second we don't recognize them as a sports team here very often. You have to win from time to time. lol

Good point about the winning thing :P The Clippers kind of remind me of the Flint Tropics in Semi-Pro.

Edited by Drake_Marcus

Good point about the winning thing :P The Clippers must be owned by Jackie Moon.

That team is such a waste. But as far as LA is concerned, there is only one basketball team. Sometimes the Laker talk, and crap makes you want to vomit purple and gold here. :puke: :flush:

That team is such a waste. But as far as LA is concerned, there is only one basketball team. Sometimes the Laker talk, and crap makes you want to vomit purple and gold here. :puke: :flush:

Oh I think I can imagine how it feels- I do live in die-hard Leafs country ;) (That being anywhere in Canada)

Don't be surprised if Schneider gets dealt to bolster their lineup. Labarbera gives them a nice option for the Manitoba Moose.

Schneider is a promising prospect. It would be strange if they traded him. This should only mean, that they want to send him back to Manitoba to get more playing time. When Luongo gets back they'll trade Labarbera back to Kings for a 4th round pick.

Wasn't LaBarbera LA's "goaltender of the future" at one point? I'll admit, I don't follow the Kings all that much, but what happened with him to be on the outs with the Kings?

Well, he sucked.

Yeah not following why anyone would want this guy, he's a regular seive.

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=261400&amp...s=headlines_nhl

Not sure I get this move. Yes, it adds depth to their goaltending while Luongo is out, but does this mean that Sanford is out once Luongo comes back? Or is it LaBarbera that gets sent down?

From the article:

Sanford will also be out for a while after sustaining a groin injury Tuesday during the team's morning skate. He felt well enough to start that night's 3-2 home loss to the Philadelphia Flyers, but was replaced at the start of the second period by backup Schneider.

So, they have to goalies with bad groins, hence the deal.

Hey, at least they got rid of Cloutier. The Kings have a decent young team that is well coached under Murray. The trade deadline and off season moves are really going to determine if they take the step forward they're set up for, or if it's bungled once again and they continue with mediocrity.

I do think though that just a halfway decent, consistent goaltender would add some much needed stability to that team.

Wasn't LaBarbera LA's "goaltender of the future" at one point? I'll admit, I don't follow the Kings all that much, but what happened with him to be on the outs with the Kings?

Well, he sucked.

Yeah not following why anyone would want this guy, he's a regular seive.

That's about the heart of it. They were getting pretty solid goaltending from Ersberg before he went down with a groin injury. Now they've got this kid Quick who's been playing well, though he has little NHL experience. Basically LaBarbera did nothing to show he deserved a starting spot, or even a backup one and got played out of the position.

Maybe him getting out of LA will be the change he needs to get it together. who knows.