• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Blueliner

The Weather Channel announces...

Rate this topic

I also love how every commerical for the NHL has either the Penguins or Crosby in it... Last time I checked, we won the cup last year right? We beat that very team, that very player pretty bad last May/June. Would it really be all that bad of an idea to maybe market guys like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom... They deserve to be given the limelight for the good of the game.

I thought that was funny too. Then again, maybe Penguins fans are as sick of the Wings as we are of Crosby. Although I'm glad we aren't media darlings.

At least it wasn't that ridiculous DirecTV ad of the Crosby fan in Southern California. And I think the Flyers actually got more coverage than Crosby since Verizon likes to feature them in their ads.

One of the best parts of the game for me is when I was sitting on the couch with my dad (Sabres Fan) just out of no where goes "Pierre talks too much." Haha, my dad is usually never critical on announcers which made this comment even better. :D

Edited by DyingAlive

i swear one of those idiots was saying that the "D" on our jersey's was from the old school tigers logo.them WOOT!

Yep, it was Dave Strader who said that, which actually surprised me since he used to broadcast for the Wings with Mickey on "PASS sports" back in the day.

He said it was the "Old English D in reminiscence of the Detroit Tigers and the owners Mike and Marion Illich who own both the Red Wings and the Tigers....." or something like that. Then later in the game, someone must have corrected his dumb ass and he said what it actually was for.

Guest dekeyuk

So, how would the wind push Datsyuk, but not also push the two D he undressed? Wouldn't the same gust have created a situation where their positions remained relative? Am I the only person who kept open at least one eye during physics class?

What really happened is this. Datsyuk as we all know is very clever and thinks on his feet like nobody else in the NHL. In a split second he realized that he could use the wind like a NASCAR race car driver. He actually sort of "drafted" off the first D who momentarily blocked the wind and as Pavel made his first deke was exposed to the full blast of wind and applied extra skating speed to make this sort of turbo charged move right through the two D. In addition, he added a slight adjustment to his 5 hole shot in order to take into account the force of the wind on the puck which was a slight angle to the length of the rink. How do I know this? Watch the replay in super super slow motion. Just before Dats makes the move you see him glance up toward the stands. Why you ask? He was indeed looking at the flags and used them as the basis for his strategy. His razor sharp hockey mind was able to perform the complex calculations regarding the wind effect at ice level and whalla, highlight goal. Man, what a hockey player!

Guest Four
Thats obvious - the Red Wings cheat. Whenever Dats is about to get an odd man rush they open the doors at the Joe to give him an extra push from the wind. Its more difficult when they are on the road - they have someone on the "inside" who turns on the air conditioning vents at opposing arenas.

I LOL'd.

rofl

Yeah, McGuire actually said it twice too, he reiterated it later on calling it a "wind aided Datsyuk breakaway goal". I mean come on, I've played pond hockey, you're going to tell me that the wind pushed Datsyuk between those defenders and that's how he got the breakaway?!?!? s***, give me a break. How about you give the Wings come credit and tell it like it is. Datsyuk worked his ass off and used his God given ability and skill to split the two d-men, walked in and scored! Plain and simple. Could the NBC commentators pull out Kane's prick long enough to really make a coherent comment on the actual game? No, didn't think so.

My other favorite comment in this game was from Eddie O. when Lilja had the retarded penalty for giving a guy a push after being BOARDED!!! How in the hell does the clear-cut boarding call get pushed aside for a love tap to the upper body? Oh and then Eddie O. has the audacity to say that "Lilja needs to put some more substance into his positioning next time so that he doesn't get hit that way". Really, don't mention a damn thing about the no call, but have the nerve to say that Lilja is doing his job wrong because he turned into the boards to try and defend the puck behind the net.

We won, and I don't want all this to take away from that, but Jeeesus! Give us some un-biased broadcasting, and explain the game and talk about the actual game more often during a national broadcasting. If I was a new fan to the sport watching my first game, i'd be confused as hell as to why certain penalties aren't being called, and why others are.... At least explain these things and give both sides a fair shake.

I also love how every commerical for the NHL has either the Penguins or Crosby in it... Last time I checked, we won the cup last year right? We beat that very team, that very player pretty bad last May/June. Would it really be all that bad of an idea to maybe market guys like Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Lidstrom... They deserve to be given the limelight for the good of the game.

Agree with all of this. Most announcers, especially Pierre, have obvious animosity towards the Red Wings cause they're so good. They never break down the plays like they do other teams or say what Detroit "needs to do to get back into this game" like they do every other team who's losing to the Wings. They don't care, they give it the standard "Detroit is good, move along nothing to see here" style commentary pretty much every game. I'm almost numb to it at this point. That's why it's so refreshing to watch Ken and Mick.

Of course it's Lilly's fault he was boarded :rolleyes: , he has a winged wheel on his jersey right? It ain't like he saw the guy coming and turned away from the hit into the boards. He was digging the puck out and simply got BOARDED WITH NO CALL! Kopecky was boarded earlier in the game too with no f***in' call! f*** the refs! But boy they didn't miss any cheap f***in' calls against the Wings to help out the Hawks in the first period did they?! Boooools***! (BTW bitching about calls when you win is the best time to do it. You get your point across without it looking like sour grapes)

And isn't it time for a new f***in' non-Crosby NHL commercial yet?!!!! Jesus!! It should be a rule, Cup Champs get the commercials for the next year. Done. If you don't win, you don't get the limelight.

Yes, the Wings (not the wind) beat the Hawks yesterday, but you wouldn't have known it listening to those fags in the booth OR on the ice!

NOW I feel better,

esteef

Edited by esteef

Yep, it was Dave Strader who said that, which actually surprised me since he used to broadcast for the Wings with Mickey on "PASS sports" back in the day.

He said it was the "Old English D in reminiscence of the Detroit Tigers and the owners Mike and Marion Illich who own both the Red Wings and the Tigers....." or something like that. Then later in the game, someone must have corrected his dumb ass and he said what it actually was for.

he said thats probably why they went back to the d jerseys and not some other period that had a winged wheel