• Please log in to reply
21 replies to this topic

#1 andyinsdca

andyinsdca

Trapped in Lo-Cal

• HoF Booster
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 12:44 PM

The Wings come to the Staples Center on January 15th, face off is at 7:30PM. Anyone want to meet for a beer or 2 before the game? I have a couple of ideas where we can meet that are within walking distance of the Staples Center. My seats are Sec 302, Row 15 (nosebleed!).

We will meet for the pre-skate behind the Wings bench at 7pm!

Let's meet up at Yard House at LA Live at 5:30, (this is directly across the street from Will Call @ Staples Center), this will give us time to eat & whatnot then get over to the Staples center. Ask to join the reservation under "Big Bird".

Directions to LA Live.

**Everything's final as of 1/13/09, so there won't be any further changes to the agenda**

#2 Boomtron

Boomtron

3rd line grinder

• 34 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:08 PM

my buddy and i are driving in from las vegas to see the game and were looking for some fans to meet up with. let me know the bars you are thinking of. another guy said that there is a group of people who meet up at the tunnel before warm up...

#3 andyinsdca

andyinsdca

Trapped in Lo-Cal

• HoF Booster
  • 103 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

Hotel Figueroa bar (between 9th & Olympic on Fig). I'm actually staying at this hotel for the game because it's about a block from the Staples Center, though this is the bar I'll be at after the game.

Riordan's Tavern also on Fig, between 8th & 9th.

There are also a ton of places in L.A. Live, the complex that the Staples Center is in (also has Nokia Theater). http://www.lalive.co...age=restaurants

#4 Boomtron

Boomtron

3rd line grinder

• 34 posts

Posted 08 January 2009 - 11:42 PM

ESPN zone fo sho! we'll be there. but, does anyone know of the guys that go to the visitors tunnel before warm up? anyone know what time that is?

thanks

#5 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 02:16 AM

ill try to be at the espn zone. my girlfriend and i are only 20... sad day few more months to go

But you just don't put the third letter of the alphabet over your heart and replace Steve Yzerman!

#6 andyinsdca

andyinsdca

Trapped in Lo-Cal

• HoF Booster
  • 103 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 11:30 AM

The ESPN zone is plugged as a "family" place, so you kids will be able to come in laugh.gif

#7 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 10 January 2009 - 08:45 PM

QUOTE (andyinsdca @ January 10, 2009 - 08:30AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The ESPN zone is plugged as a "family" place, so you kids will be able to come in laugh.gif

tongue.gif thanks. haha we are in. what time is everyone going to meet up

But you just don't put the third letter of the alphabet over your heart and replace Steve Yzerman!

#8 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

Your Red Wings Nation West President

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:17 PM

Hooray my friend's getting us tickets! Just found out today!! hoooray! smile.gif I think we're in 334.

I'll be at the preskate for sure smile.gif YIPPPEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
Dance is nothing until it's on a beautiful body - Wade Robson
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson
In life as in the dance: Grace glides on blistered feet. - Alice Abrams

#9 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

Minister of Defense - Red Wings Nation West

• PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 11 January 2009 - 04:39 PM

My girlfriend and I are in section 103 row 14. We'll be driving up from work in Orange County so I'm not sure what time we'll be there. I'll text Jacqui to see where everyon is at.

#10 Third Man In

Third Man In

Ready to rage.

• HoF Booster
  • 4,820 posts

Posted 12 January 2009 - 05:53 PM

hey all, we'll be there (not sure where--I wasn't responsible for getting the tickets to this one!) Hotel Fig isn't a bad spot--kinda cool Mediterranean outdoor bar and real close to the rink. maybe we'll see you there!

"When you're a Detroit Red Wing, you don't want to go anywhere." -Kris Draper
Duty Calls

#11 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 01:45 PM

i dont know if we got reservations to ESPN Zone but i just looked on their website and it said that it will be closed on the 15th because of a private party. http://www.espnzone.com/losangeles/

#12 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 07:25 PM

Please see Original Poster for all the updated details for Thursday's game and meet up locations!!! smile.gif

SEEE YOU THURSDAY!! Feel free to PM me with any questions!

Your loyal Red Wings Nation West President
Jacqui
Don't worry about losing. If it's right, it happens. The main thing is not to hurry. Nothing good gets away. Steinbeck
What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say. - Ralph Waldo Emerson

#13 WingNut 25

WingNut 25

Minister of Defense - Red Wings Nation West

• PipPipPip
  • 705 posts

Posted 13 January 2009 - 11:18 PM

Hope to see you all before the game. Yardhouse now correct? If we don't see you there, we'll be at the bench since our seats are in 103. I'll have my white 08 Cup hat and brand spankin' new Winter Classic jersey on. I just got it yesterday! It'll be worn this one time and then sent to SportsK to get "Hossa 81" on it.

#14 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 11:31 AM

QUOTE (WingNut 25 @ January 13, 2009 - 08:18PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hope to see you all before the game. Yardhouse now correct? If we don't see you there, we'll be at the bench since our seats are in 103. I'll have my white 08 Cup hat and brand spankin' new Winter Classic jersey on. I just got it yesterday! It'll be worn this one time and then sent to SportsK to get "Hossa 81" on it.

Yes, Yard House at LA Live directly across from will call is correct!!!

#15 andyinsdca

andyinsdca

Trapped in Lo-Cal

• HoF Booster
  • 103 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 12:06 PM

I'm in Sec 302, Row 15 for this game. I'll be wearing either a Howe or Yzerman jersey, dunno which yet. But I will have my RW stocking cap (with the strings hanging down over the ears) on.

#16 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 01:27 PM

Just got my tickets will be my first time at the staples center smile.gif 2 nights of wings hockey love it ^^
Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#17 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 14 January 2009 - 03:05 PM

Wow DG! Insane! smile.gif let me guess, you'll be in your Homer jersey smile.gif
Good times! Are you going to Yard House before hand?

#18 Duck Guy

Duck Guy

Homer rocks your socks off Its knuckle Puck time!

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,535 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:25 AM

QUOTE (VladyIBELIEVE16 @ January 14, 2009 - 03:05PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow DG! Insane! smile.gif let me guess, you'll be in your Homer jersey smile.gif
Good times! Are you going to Yard House before hand?

Put me down as a maybe on the yard house depends on the traffic. But i will for sure make the preskate.

Edited by Duck Guy, 15 January 2009 - 01:26 AM.

Posted Image
Veritas Aequitas

#19 puckhog419

puckhog419

M.I.A.

• PipPipPip
  • 556 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 01:27 AM

i think i saw some of you guys but i was running late. il be in my datsyuk jersey. it has three autographs in the front. ill see everyone at the yard house

#20 VladyIBELIEVE16

VladyIBELIEVE16

• HoF Booster
  • 4,458 posts

Posted 15 January 2009 - 02:07 AM

QUOTE (puckhog419 @ January 14, 2009 - 10:27PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
i think i saw some of you guys but i was running late. il be in my datsyuk jersey. it has three autographs in the front. ill see everyone at the yard house

PM me with your number and I'll send you mine so you can find us tomorrow...

FYI ESPN Zone is closed because of a Pete Carroll *USC FOOTBALL COACH* event.. please keep this in mind as traffic may be very heavy around LA Live and Staples tomorrow...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users