• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Heaton

WDFN drops local programming

Rate this topic

Hey Matt,

Are you still going to be doing interviews up here in Saginaw on 100.5 or did they cancel that show with all the line-up changes too? I usually tune in for Wednesday mornings to hear but I forgot this week.

Well, this is too bad. I hate to see local radio bite the dust in favor of some national programming.

I have to admit, I never cared much for the WDFN programming, but it's sad to see these guys lose their jobs. By all accounts, they were good guys who put down roots here and gave something back.

WDFN will crumble under a national schedule.

Howard Stern and Opie and Anthony got crushed by Drew and Mike and other local programs.

The people of Detroit want to hear about Detroit sports.

But if there's a silver lining it's that we won't have to hear about the Lions 24/7 on WDFN anymore.

If I had to hear one more caller yell "We have to get rid of Ford Sr.!" I was going to bomb Ford Field.

No. Regional college sports are more important than your local sports teams.

ESPN radio SHOULD be the only radio allowed. Rome and Cowherd, 24/7.

Let the Smack-Off begin.

What's wrong with Cowherd?

Hey Matt,

Are you still going to be doing interviews up here in Saginaw on 100.5 or did they cancel that show with all the line-up changes too? I usually tune in for Wednesday mornings to hear but I forgot this week.

Pat called me up Wednesday morning to let me know that the show had been cancelled. Pretty sad... those guys were fun to interview with and I hope they catch on quickly with another station.