• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hockeytown0001

2/20 GDT: Anaheim Ducks at Red Wings

Rate this topic

came here to read some post game analysis because i couldnt see the game but only found 4 pages of discussion about wheter or not flip is a good player.. i'm dissapointed LGW! :(

how did kronwall look out there? lidstrom?

did someone hit pronger or perry? o.O

gimme something! :flash:

Lidström was solid as usual. Kronwall was also good and had one good check in the third period. I can't remember who was the checkee.

Red Wings played good offense and solid defence while Ducks pressed. When it was 4-1 in the third period it seemed that the Wings laid back a bit, but still killed six minutes of PK (with 50 second as 5-3).

This week's whipping boys here are Filppula, Meech and Osgood. It's been strangely quiet about Kopecky for a few days. The public opinion seems to be that without these four players Wings would've won the last 10 games instead of going 8-1-1.

Intriguing...Filppula got the MOST of all even strength ice time tonight. And he got more ice time than Datsyuk did.

Talk about interpreting the stats to make your point. Flip had a total of 3 SECONDS more ice time that Pav. Of course his 5 on 5 ice time was more because Pav plays on the PP and Flip doesn't. For Pav to have the same 5 on 5 ice time as Flip he would have had to play 22 minutes.

3 Seconds....

For each of flip's "did-nothing" assists, he's had at least one great set up pass. Look at Franzen's goal the other night. And a game or two before that he had to great passes which resulted in goals.

I disagree with your take here. As I recall - and I still have it recorded so I can check it again - the puck was taken from Filppula and the Duck's player who tried to pass it from the boards area screwed up and passed it to Franzen. Filppula simply lost the puck and had nothing to do with the pass to Franzen.

Flip led the wings, except for zetterberg (who he tied) and sammy (who have 5) in shots tonight.

And it's not like datsyuk or hudler never had problems with shooting the puck.

He did do better at shooting the puck. You didn't hear me whoop from my house, eh? ;)

And I hope his all-around game picks up for his sake. But I've really been watching him lately and he needs to finish a whole lot more than he has been.

I like the concept of 3 great lines, but I'm old school. Your best players get the best minutes and that should be lines 1 and 2 followed by 3, then 4. Obviously ZDH is one, though you could shuffle cleary or Franzen in for the H when tempo is needed. As a matter of fact, there is a strong argument for pairing Hossa with the other 2 as we wind down the stretch. After all, who didn't cream their jeans when Hossa got signed fantasizing about a ZD Hossa line come crunch time. Anyhow, Hossa and Franzen with a playmaker is line 2. I think that playmaker is Hudler over flip, because a 2nd line with 3 guys that will shoot makes life difficult. Plus Hudler just seems to be a puck magnet and gets to the right spot to score. With Franzen's net front and Hossa's dominance, I think that line could content for 1st line. So then what, I think Flip, Leino, Cleary and Helm have to play, followed by Draper and then meh Kopy, Maltby.

Anyhow, no matter how you slice it, enjoy this year because wings won't see riches like this at forward for who knows how long

You were right on when you wrote about the 2nd line thing. Hudler is indeed a puck magnet because he is a threat, and especially the 2nd line - that has 3 guys who will shoot "makes life difficult". Right now, Filppula is not creative enough or "dimensional" enough to be too much of a threat to our opponents. Again, I hope he figures it out and pushes himself.

Intriguing...Filppula got the MOST of all even strength ice time tonight. And he got more ice time than Datsyuk did.

Other things probably came into play but from the time Franzen scored to the Ryan goal, I think Mike was keeping the big line and pairings out there as little as necessary to prepare for tonight's game.

I disagree with your take here. As I recall - and I still have it recorded so I can check it again - the puck was taken from Filppula and the Duck's player who tried to pass it from the boards area screwed up and passed it to Franzen. Filppula simply lost the puck and had nothing to do with the pass to Franzen.

I was talking about Franzen's second goal Nashville where Flip was skating around behind the net and passed it to frazen who one timed it.

came here to read some post game analysis because i couldnt see the game but only found 4 pages of discussion about wheter or not flip is a good player.. i'm dissapointed LGW! :(

how did kronwall look out there? lidstrom?

did someone hit pronger or perry? o.O

gimme something! :flash:

Yeah, Lilja got Pronger good! And goonduckie was on the ice for at least three if not four of our goals.

:taunt:

Is that not reasonable? Hossa is about 10 times the player Filppula is. Again - this is the Wings brass doing everything they can to jumpstart Flip without ruining our bread and butter - the PP.

Filppula gets so much IT because he's a great defensive player and matches up against the other teams top players. It's also because he's a center. The teams centers on Detroit always play more than the wingers. It's because they have a much more importance on this team in terms of matchups and faceoffs. It's no coindence why the Wings are so good at puck possession when you look at the faceoff %. If Draper weren't clicking at a 60%+ faceoff he wouldn't be in the lineup.

LOL. You don't understand red wings fans. This is not hate, it's what we do because have no real reason to hate. We have to manufacture our hate based on strange hypothetical scenarios. Or even worse, what is relative hate: Our team wins 90% of the time and who is "not contributing". I know its pretty pathetic, but we are spoiled. Having said all that, I still hate Maltby, Kopy and to a lesser extent Draper. Oh yeah, I forgot about that goalie... what's his name?

Did I forget to mention I am spoiled?

So seeking constant improvement somehow translates to being spoiled? Interesting....

esteef