Photo
* * * * * 1 votes

Which Wings have impressed you this year?

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#21 Z is next captain!

Z is next captain!

1st line Enforcer!!!!

• 25 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 07:28 AM

Leino for sure and Huds. It's nice to see Huds have his breakout season. I agree with alot of people who agree that he infact could put up datsyuk numbers if given the minuts
"You miss 100 percent of the shotd you never take" -Wayne Gretzky

"He's got some dry powder and he's lightin' some off!" -Mickey Remond

#22 Ms_Hockey

Ms_Hockey

Hall-of-Famer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,059 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 04:15 PM

Leino, Sammy, and Lilja.
QUOTE (Datsyerberger @ January 19, 2009 - 01:32PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
A new Lemieux-McCarty fight, as seen by internet forum posters.

Lemieux cheapshots a player with his walker, drawing the ire of D-Mac, who hobbles over. They draw their canes, salute, and cross them, then proceed to repeatedly whack eachother over the heads while hanging onto the bench with their other hands for balance. D-Mac then hits Lemieux's hip, which gives out, Lemieux feebly falls to the ground, crumpling as D-Mac continues to land barely noticeable Yoda-esque cane strikes. Lemieux's age begins catching up to him, crying "what a world, what a world..!" as he melts into a puddle of goo.

#23 Icesurfer

Icesurfer

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 01 March 2009 - 10:56 PM

Datsyuk....Datsyuk.....Datsyuk .......the guy is just unbelievable......he amazes me just about every game. ....Offense and defense!
Defense and goaltending win championships!!!

#24 GreatGS

GreatGS

Draftee

• 12 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 05:38 AM

Hudler and Lilja have really stepped up this season,

also;

QUOTE (The Secret @ February 28, 2009 - 05:57PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Not that I was not impressed by Pavel Datsyuk before but he is maturing more and more and getting better and better. I had him labeled as a Fedorov Jr. due his old vanishing act in the play offs early in his career but he has proven me wrong and just quietly does his job better and better... keep at is Pav.

I hope you're not thinking of the Fedorov who's been a point per game player in the playoffs for his entire career. You're thinking of a different Fedorov, right?

#25 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 08:32 AM

QUOTE (GreatGS @ March 2, 2009 - 05:38AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Hudler and Lilja have really stepped up this season,

also;

I hope you're not thinking of the Fedorov who's been a point per game player in the playoffs for his entire career. You're thinking of a different Fedorov, right?

I'm referring to the Fedorov who would dominate a game and then vanish until he felt like playing again. If Fedorov had half the heart of Datsyuk he would have been dipped in gold. Good player but with more passion for Anna then for the Red Wing. He was a good ridence and we have thrived just as well without him.

#26 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 11:28 AM

but you did compare dats to feds strictly by his "vanishing in the playoffs" something Fedorov never did.....

just sayin'

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#27 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:01 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ March 2, 2009 - 11:28AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
but you did compare dats to feds strictly by his "vanishing in the playoffs" something Fedorov never did.....

just sayin'

Sorry I Should have been 100% crystal clear but I wasn't. I was comparing the ability to vanish (Datsyuk, previously in the play offs vs. Fedorov's amazing ability to vanish at will) and heart for the game despite play off game or reg season (By this I am comparing Datsyuks heart in overcoming his previous lacks and continuously getting better for his good and that of the team vs. Fedorov who gave his life to his Dad, his balls to his gf, heart to the grinch who stole christmas, and his loyalty to Anaheim... and has sucked ever since).

...let me check my spelling and my grammar. I think I am good to submit.

#28 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:11 PM

a players heart for the game is pure speculation and left up to the eye of the beholder... I would take fedorovs "lack of heart" any day if he put up the numbers he did in a wings uniform... maybe someday dats won't be left looking up at Sergei's stats in the Wings record books.

as to stay on topic and not be accused of blasted threadjacking.... Conklin

Edited by OsGOD, 02 March 2009 - 12:17 PM.

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#29 MotorCityMadness

MotorCityMadness

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:14 PM

Leino has really impressed me as has Hudler
HEY HEY HOCKEYTOWN!

#30 Carman

Carman

Legend

• HoF Booster
  • 5,114 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:19 PM

Huds and Lilja.

#31 The Secret

The Secret

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,214 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 12:23 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ March 2, 2009 - 12:11PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
a players heart for the game is pure speculation and left up to the eye of the beholder... I would take fedorovs "lack of heart" any day if he put up the numbers he did in a wings uniform... maybe someday dats won't be left looking up at Sergei's stats in the Wings record books.

Good chance of that too as I think Datsyuk will be kept around alot longer then Fedorov and I think he will play at a high level alot longer then Fedorov.... who's career began to fizzle out after leaving Detroit. Although judging a players heart for the game is in the eye of the beholder, it is also a quality who's importance is immeasurable in terms of value... I'll take Datsyuk anyday over Fedorov.

#32 Shoreline

Shoreline

Panzerfaust

• HoF Booster
  • 12,817 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 02:36 PM

QUOTE (The Secret @ March 2, 2009 - 09:23AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Good chance of that too as I think Datsyuk will be kept around alot longer then Fedorov and I think he will play at a high level alot longer then Fedorov.... who's career began to fizzle out after leaving Detroit. Although judging a players heart for the game is in the eye of the beholder, it is also a quality who's importance is immeasurable in terms of value... I'll take Datsyuk anyday over Fedorov.

He kinda started fizzling out beforehand, and something not mentioned before was how much it bothers a classy team like the Wings to have a money grubbing, egotistical ****** in the lockerroom who puts himself before the team. It's the reason, years ago, I would have panicked if the Wings acquired guys like Jagr (not sure if people recall how much Wings fans here and on other Wings boards I went to were wanting Jagr because of his numbers). Numbers aren't the sole factor to a team.

#33 GoWings1905

GoWings1905

Legend

• Gold Booster
  • 5,395 posts

Posted 02 March 2009 - 10:08 PM

My top three in order would be: Helm, Hudler and Lilja.

"To whom much is given, much is expected."