• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
commadore183

Blackhawks' Ben Eager gets 3 game suspension

Rate this topic

http://www.nhl.com/ice/news.htm?id=414808

Chicago Blackhawks forward Ben Eager has been suspended for three games, without pay, for a blow to the head of an unsuspecting player during NHL Game #1068 against the Edmonton Oilers on March 20, the National Hockey League announced today.

That's pretty dirty. Personally, I couldn't give a s*** how long he's suspended for but, the NHL said numerous times they want to protect their players, with a priority on dealing with shots to the head.

A hit like that is what PCS is made of. An extremely late, from behind check upwards toward an unsuspecting players head. I would've thought they would've seen it as a more serious offense than three games given their recent comments about this exact thing compounded with the fact he's done this before.

If Reddox had the puck, I wouldn't care, he shoulda kept his head up... but he dumped the puck and it was long gone. Eager had the opportunity to back off the check but he did it anyway. Cheap, pointless, dangerous.

If one of our boys was put on the shelf from something like that, I'd want blood. I hope Reddox's concussion isn't too bad.

Guest Shoreline

He deserved more. He had a chance to lighten up, and yet still took a stride or two before rising his shoulder to the head to imply he was going for a headshot rather than a body check. This play is most definitely exemplary of what the NHL needs to crack down on and 3 games isn't going to send a good enough message.

Repeat offender?

From the above:

"Eager is considered a repeat offender, having also gotten a three-game suspension in October, for swinging his stick from the bench at then-Dallas Stars forward Sean Avery in a preseason game."

I thought that "repeat offenders" saw their suspensions increase with each new suspension. The League talks about doing one thing, then does something else. Brutal.

So i just watched the Blackhawks Vs Canucks brawl.. and Ben Eager body slammed Bieska I think it was. How retarded do you have to be to do this? The NHL isn't the UFC. It's because of stupid moves like this, that makes GM's and others want to have fighting disappear. Sorry, I don't have link but its up on youtube.