• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
tinyhockey

Streaming for All NHL Playoff Games

Rate this topic

ok thanks.. someone from another thread said that he had tons of problems because he had a wireless router, the problem is so do I... do you know if this frequently happens with people who have wireless routers

I'm on my second month with hockeystreams...very satisfied with the service. I've seen ALL the Wings games with excellent picture quality and smoothness. I've watched them on my main computer and used my wireless router to watch them on my laptop...no problems.

i just bought the HD package. I really hope this isnt a scam or is inconsistent. I go to school in Maine and we dont get TSN so I want to make sure that each game will play properly and there is no lag or delay. Can anyone reassure me?

What kind of internet connection is recommended for HQ vs HD?

I have a 5 Mbps down, so I figure that ought to be more than enough for HD, but just checking.

I can stream Netflix over my wireless G just fine, so I figure the computer with a direct LAN connection ought to be just fine.

Awesome find, never heard of them before. :)

I'm the one who had "tons of problems" with their service on my router. I'm not the only one as you can view many of the chat threads and see complaints of lagging and delayed streaming. Once I switched from the router to a direct connection my problems ceased to exist. I wouldn't recommend them if you are using a router or slow internet connection.

Contact the owner and see if you can do a month long trial to test the consistency and than purchase the remainder of the playoffs at the discounted price.

I'm the one who had "tons of problems" with their service on my router. I'm not the only one as you can view many of the chat threads and see complaints of lagging and delayed streaming. Once I switched from the router to a direct connection my problems ceased to exist. I wouldn't recommend them if you are using a router or slow internet connection.

Contact the owner and see if you can do a month long trial to test the consistency and than purchase the remainder of the playoffs at the discounted price.

Crap, that makes me nervous about buying then. I travel a lot, and will be gone the entire month of May. I'd be trying to watch using random wifi connections from night clubs across the country basically...

With those kind of problems, I'm not sure it's worth the risk...

Crap, that makes me nervous about buying then. I travel a lot, and will be gone the entire month of May. I'd be trying to watch using random wifi connections from night clubs across the country basically...

Hi you will not have not problem with the web site. I have notebook with wireless router and had no problems at all during the season.

The HD feed is the best

and with 5 mg you will have no problems with that

http://www.hockeystreams.com/register/tinyhockey

Edited by tinyhockey

What kind of internet connection is recommended for HQ vs HD?

I have a 5 Mbps down, so I figure that ought to be more than enough for HD, but just checking.

I can stream Netflix over my wireless G just fine, so I figure the computer with a direct LAN connection ought to be just fine.

Awesome find, never heard of them before. :)

here is what you need for the web site

Video is streamed at 648KBps (HQ) and 900KBps (HD), 30 Frames per second, can you go wrong?

- HQ feeds are streamed at a 320x240 resolution, HD feeds are streamed at a 640x390 resolution. If an HD feed is unavailable the HQ feed will be in 640x390.

http://www.hockeystreams.com/register/tinyhockey

Edited by tinyhockey

i just bought the HD package. I really hope this isnt a scam or is inconsistent. I go to school in Maine and we dont get TSN so I want to make sure that each game will play properly and there is no lag or delay. Can anyone reassure me?

I'd say about 9 out of 10 games work perfectly for me (been using it for about a month and a half).

I've never had any substantial part of a game ruined by lag or other issues, but a few times there has been some small problems.

Also, they have an archive which is very useful if you miss a game or a part of a game.

Btw, if anyone is having trouble with buffering, remember to right-click in the stream window, select option/preferences and increase the buffer to atleast 30+ secs. That should make it work better.

I travel quite a bit too and had the same problems at every hotel I stayed at while working. hockeystreams.com has a speed test link where you can test your system and see if it is fast enough. every time I tested my system my connection was well above their minimum requirements but I still had issues.

Try it for a month and see if you like it - the semis and finals will all be on vs and nbc anyways....

I travel quite a bit too and had the same problems at every hotel I stayed at while working. hockeystreams.com has a speed test link where you can test your system and see if it is fast enough. every time I tested my system my connection was well above their minimum requirements but I still had issues.

Try it for a month and see if you like it - the semis and finals will all be on vs and nbc anyways....

Yeah I'll just have to do the trial or something.

My problem is, even if it is nationally broadcast, there aren't any tvs around to watch hockey. I work for a band, so most of the clubs that we play at either don't have tvs or won't be too interested in putting on out of market hockey games, even if there is a tv in the vicinity of where i'll be set up. That or during afternoon games we'll be driving, etc. My schedule doesn't match up with any games unless I'm at a club with wifi and can watch on my laptop. lol I know I'm probably SOL. At least I'll be home for round 1 & 4.

i've had it for awhile. its good but since i pay i have very high expectations. HD is very good and HDPLUS is even better, when it lags i lose my s*** though and i have a 10MB connection. good...but occasionally we have problems and my anger levels go through the roof...recommended for acceptible reliability though.

Edited by 12Newf

Hey is there any way to get the games to go to full screen on Hockeystreams.com? I really want to have to games at full screen because i connect my computer to my 40 inch TV when watching streamed games.

Hey is there any way to get the games to go to full screen on Hockeystreams.com? I really want to have to games at full screen because i connect my computer to my 40 inch TV when watching streamed games.

Did you try double-clicking on the video? That worked for me.

yes you can go full screen on all games at hockeystreams web site

you can just click on the screen of the game or there is a screen at the bottom of the right corner