• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

NHLrules?

Congrats to VS

Rate this topic

I have to say I am impressed with VS in the playoffs this year. The coverage has been great. They are putting out a great product.

If they can get it together and have a few more regular season games like ESPN used to have........then ESPN can kiss my ass.

For my money VS is doing an exceptional job on the playoffs this year!

The problem is that Versus is often in a premium cable package, not the main packages like ESPN and other mainstays are. Even on Directv I had to bump up my programming to get Versus.

The NHL should realize the reality of the situation. Also, I think that the NHL Network is largely neglected. Why am I not seeing any playoff specials? "NHL on the Fly" just repeats all day. WHOOPIE!

If they can get it together and have a few more regular season games like ESPN used to have........then ESPN can kiss my ass.

ESPN can kiss my ass regardless. Their problem anymore is making too many cutsie smart ass comments and not providing enough decent coverage. Of any sport. They called the Brown hit on Hudler as a hit on Beauchemin ffs, that's just negligent, and a complete lack of any decent editorial presence.

Edited by #19forPresident!

I don't even know where ESPN is on my Basic Cable. I'm not trying to be funny. I really don't know, since I don't watch it and switched over to Comcast from WOW.

Perhaps TSN can buy VS. Love the TSN announcers and Graphics (Easy on the eyes)

Edited by Jwo

My only beef is that VS needs a new camera guy at least for this last game. This past game vs the ducks made me nausious by how he kept swinging back and forth trying to find the puck/play on more than one occasion. Also, did anyone else notice that the horizonal on ice picture seems further away from the ice than when FSN broadcasts? Makes the game seem smaller and harder to follow (no wonder the camera guy couldn't find the play).

I will say that their coverage otherwise has improved with each year along with their advertising. My opinion: FSN>NBC>VS. Nothing beats Ken and Mickey :thumbup: Hometown pride baby!

There were a few times when the puck was dished off back to the point and the cameraman was clueless. He didn't know where the hell it went. Other than that, I've always like Vs.

Anything is better than CBC...

They avoid a lot of replays and cut to commercial WAY too quick sometimes, especially when there's a scrum going on around the net. I understand there's an obligation to fill, but in the old days that would never happen.

My only beef is that VS needs a new camera guy at least for this last game. This past game vs the ducks made me nausious by how he kept swinging back and forth trying to find the puck/play on more than one occasion. Also, did anyone else notice that the horizonal on ice picture seems further away from the ice than when FSN broadcasts? Makes the game seem smaller and harder to follow (no wonder the camera guy couldn't find the play).

I will say that their coverage otherwise has improved with each year along with their advertising. My opinion: FSN>NBC>VS. Nothing beats Ken and Mickey Hometown pride baby!

This! I wanted to jump through the screen and wreck the guy.

They avoid a lot of replays and cut to commercial WAY too quick sometimes, especially when there's a scrum going on around the net. I understand there's an obligation to fill, but in the old days that would never happen.

And look, I enjoy looking at the eye candy known as "Chris" just as much as the next guy, but for god sakes, don't show me material taped during a commericial time out while the games in progress. Wait for a whistle!

And look, I enjoy looking at the eye candy known as "Chris" just as much as the next guy, but for god sakes, don't show me material taped during a commericial time out while the games in progress. Wait for a whistle!

I'm still amazed they even do in-game interviews. That's a little over the top for me. Hold the cliche questions until after the game.

From what I've read approx 80% of all cable/satellite subscribers have VERSUS which by no means is a small pittance.

I agree with the op; VERSUS has come a long way, & are doing the job that IMO ESPN couldn't/wouldn't do with the NHL...I really - REALLY hope the NHL never goes back to ESPN!

I don't think it's nearly that high. Where I live, VS. is only included in the mid-level digital packages and above. I have basic cable and don't get it. :(

It's not worth an extra $40/m for me because I don't care about any of the extra channels except for VS. I get 85 channels including ESPN. VS can suck it in my book. :D

Edited by digitaljohn88

The thing I hate about them is that whenever a player is breaking away down the ice, they zoom in for a close up. I want to see the action when there is action and close ups when there isn't, not the way they do it. It isn't just versus. Do people really want to see the expression on a guy's face, which is typically the same expresionless focus rather then what's going on in the play? I don't get it.

Guest Shoreline

Versus is better than ESPN was, but I just wish our satellite provider would give us CBC and TSN here.