• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Pretty Irish Girl

After the game drinking holes in the D

Rate this topic

I am going to Sunday's game and due to it being an early start time I would like to go out for some drinks after we kick the duckies ass. Anyone know a good place to grab a beer downtown?

Cobo Joe's is always interesting and a unique experience after a game -- and it is literally around the corner from the Joe.

I always see Joey Kocur there.

EDIT: Holy crap - I had not realized how many times I wrote "Joe"! Ya' know!?

Edited by egroen

Yeah, I would say Cobo Joe's or the Post (although it is small and kinda dump-ish) or the Anchor Bar which is across the street.

You're going to send a pretty irish girl to the Anchor Bar? That place sucks......If I were you I would park at the Greek town garage, and head to the Old Shillelagh! They have a bus that takes you to and from the game, plus they usually have some Irish bands playing up stairs.......I've went there probably the last 15 games I've been to and it's always a blast......

Really all depends on what you are looking for down there. Good food and Michigan only brewed beer, not even sure if they serve the watered down Miller or Bud products but they have great choices that are brewed here in the mitten, you go to Forans, on Woodward ave, right down the street from Campus Martius next to the pickle place, (you will see a gigantic pickle on the building.) Usually this place is not jam packed with people and you can get since its like 4 blocks down from the Joe. Most of the bars around the rink are always jam packed and ya cant find a seat anywhere, or a piece of bar to grab to order a drink...

Edited by DatsyukianDeak

Really all depends on what you are looking for down there. Good food and Michigan only brewed beer, not even sure if they serve the watered down Miller or Bud products but they have great choices that are brewed here in the mitten, you go to Forans, on Michigan ave, right down the street from Campus Martius next to the pickle place, (you will see a gigantic pickle on the building.) Usually this place is not jam packed with people and you can get since its like 4 blocks down from the Joe. Most of the bars around the rink are always jam packed and ya cant find a seat anywhere, or a piece of bar to grab to order a drink...

Foran's Irish Pub is on 612 Woodward ave not Michigan ave? I usualy end up at the anchor bar myself. :beerbuddy:

Foran's Irish Pub is on 612 Woodward ave not Michigan ave? I usualy end up at the anchor bar myself. :beerbuddy:

Yes, thats the place, I don't know streets very well just know how to get around down there...

Another little bit of information, if you want cheap cheap parking, park at Washington and Fort its usually 5 bucks and all you have to do is walk down a block to cobo, walk through cobo, then your at the back steps, depending on what section your seats are in these doors bring you right up to sections 113-115 area...

If its a hole you are looking for to drink in then The Post is the place to go. If the Post is too much of a hole its only a few buildings away from Cobo Joe's. I'm not sure if the place still exists but we used to frequent a place near by called Wheeler's and it was always a really good time. Is Wheeler's still in business? I loved that placed.

Edited by The Secret

Not if she wants to find straight men

Thanks to all the suggestions! We had a blast at the game and hit up Cobo Joes and The Post. Since this round will be over tommorrow night with the wings winning. We are saving the Old Shillelagh and the Anchor for the next home game! What about Cheilis? The videos I saw on You tube taken from there look like that place is a blast! Or is that for the post cup parties?

P.S. - I have met many of a cute straight boys from Ferndale

If its a hole you are looking for to drink in then The Post is the place to go. If the Post is too much of a hole its only a few buildings away from Cobo Joe's. I'm not sure if the place still exists but we used to frequent a place near by called Wheeler's and it was always a really good time. Is Wheeler's still in business? I loved that placed.

Wheeler's closed a few years ago.