• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

BlakChamber

Ovechkin's hit on Gonchar

Rate this topic

Thanks for posting the new angle. That should shut up the defenders of Alexandria around here. To me, the fact that he makes his leg rigid at that point and flares it after says it all to me. There is plenty of man love around here for Ovie because he plays with Fedorov or something, but I see the rat for what he is: DIRTY! His day will come and I will laugh about it.

tsk, tsk. Guess you didn't feel the need to listen to my piece of advice in my first post. I was only doing it to help you. I said stay away from using video in your argument, it just proves that Ovechkin never changed his knee position. But go for it. You did and you discredited yourself.

Thanks.

To me, the coincidence of this play is suspect, leg out or not. I personally cannot stand Ovechkin; he's a dirty rat and knuckle dragger. Imagine the outrage around here if he had pulled this play on Lidstrom (when at the age of 39, could be a career ender). I'm sure that Gonchar won't be "friends off the ice" anymore with this monkey. The fact that he didn't do more to avoid injuring a so called friend makes him all the more deploreable to me. Pittsburgh has the momentum, so Ovechkin decides to take it out on someone's knee. Keep it classy chiclet brained Alexandria.

You hit it exactly -- if he had pulled this garbage on your guy, this place would be going ape. Since it's another team's guy, well -- no biggie.

Don't forget the puck Ovechkin shot right at Scuderi as the buzzer sounded either.

He did both for the exact reason you mentioned -- he got all sulky because things weren't going his way anymore.

But hey, he's got that "passion" thing going so it's OK right?

To me, the coincidence of this play is suspect, leg out or not. I personally cannot stand Ovechkin; he's a dirty rat and knuckle dragger. Imagine the outrage around here if he had pulled this play on Lidstrom (when at the age of 39, could be a career ender). I'm sure that Gonchar won't be "friends off the ice" anymore with this monkey. The fact that he didn't do more to avoid injuring a so called friend makes him all the more deploreable to me. Pittsburgh has the momentum, so Ovechkin decides to take it out on someone's knee. Keep it classy chiclet brained Alexandria.

You hit it exactly -- if he had pulled this garbage on your guy, this place would be going ape. Since it's another team's guy, well -- no biggie.

Don't forget the puck Ovechkin shot right at Scuderi as the buzzer sounded either.

He did both for the exact reason you mentioned -- he got all sulky because things weren't going his way anymore.

Superstars get away with a lot more. Is it fair? No. But that's just the reality of it.

In my opinion, it was a dumb play on Ovie's part.. but it is what it is. Ovie and Crosby both could probably get away with hits like that simply because they're NHL superstars.