• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Broken 16

Animosity Towards Hossa?

Rate this topic

I think the Anaheim's smothing defense took the wind out of our big name players, such as Dats and Hossa (though Zetterberg is playing like a beast), is a bit off putting the puck in net (besides empty nets).

I think once these guys get going (due to Hawks subpar defense) they will become unstoppable.

This is my thought as well, if playing the ducks stifles your O and it carries over to the next round, if things go this way all series by game 5 (if necessary) the wings will be firing on all offensive and Defensive cylinders (the D can not take a nap against Chi or they will score 8 goals in 10 minutes)!

Maybe the Wings could be sneaky like Borat and substitute Hossa for Boogaard. He'd score like, 60 goals in the postseason with his fists. No one would notice.

That would have been AWESOME in game 6. The Red Wings have 3 players sitting in the tunnel waiting for time to expire. Getzlaf starts pushing Hossa around. Neidermayer starts pushing Datsyuk. All of the sudden, the Red Wings coaching staff jumps out on the ice wearing ice skates and restrains the refs and linesmen. The Red Wings bench players jump on the ice to wail on any Anaheim players coming onto the ice. Kocur, Boogaard, and Probert come out of the tunnel and jump over the boards wearing #0, #00, and the Infinity Symbol, respectively. They beat the living hell out of Getzlaf, Neidermayer, and Pronger.

Ok, I'm done with my fantasy. Winning the series really was enough.

This whole topic is a bit of a joke. Yes, the top players on the Wings are not scoring, Dats = no goals in the playoffs, Z = mostly empty netters, Hossa = 2 goals against the Ducks. You need to look deeper than goals and assists, and even beyond the ± stat, what these players bring to the ice is a huge threat to score if left uncovered. Teams are smothering them to prevent them from scoring, which opens up the ice for Frazen, Cleary, Filppula, Hudler, etc. Without the Wings top guys and the threat they are, the others would garner more attention, as Frazen will in the future. Where the Wings are always underated is the depth and skill that is developed in GR by the supporting cast, the guys that have to work harder day in and day out, because they are not blessed with the skill that Dats and Hossa have. Depth is the key, as has been proven, and will continue to be proven! Don't question the contribution of the top guys, as their production requires measurement in other ways!

Agreement with the sentiment. Just a small correction. Datsyuk scored against Columbus. It was the game where Ozzie got the shutout. Raffy, Dats, Hank, Huddie. I think that was game 2.

Hossa also had 2 goals in the last game against Columbus. I'm not sure if you just weren't counting them as you did specify "2 goals against the Ducks" or if you had missed them. They were important goals, though.

Hank had a goal in one of the losses that kept us from being shut out. He has had more goals that weren't EN than that were, and as far as EN goals go- I'll take them. Nothing like a little extra insurance.

What you said about them drawing the other team's best and leaving the rest of our guys to play is spot on. If the Blackhawks start focusing on Cleary, Huds, and Mule like they've been focusing on Hank, Dats, and Hossa

we're going to see the latter 3 scoring as much as the former, if not moreso.

This whole topic is a bit of a joke. Yes, the top players on the Wings are not scoring, Dats = no goals in the playoffs, Z = mostly empty netters, Hossa = 2 goals against the Ducks. You need to look deeper than goals and assists, and even beyond the ± stat, what these players bring to the ice is a huge threat to score if left uncovered. Teams are smothering them to prevent them from scoring, which opens up the ice for Frazen, Cleary, Filppula, Hudler, etc. Without the Wings top guys and the threat they are, the others would garner more attention, as Frazen will in the future. Where the Wings are always underated is the depth and skill that is developed in GR by the supporting cast, the guys that have to work harder day in and day out, because they are not blessed with the skill that Dats and Hossa have. Depth is the key, as has been proven, and will continue to be proven! Don't question the contribution of the top guys, as their production requires measurement in other ways!

Well... the current topic isn't the original topic. The original topic was concerning wether or not other players in the league are taking exception to Hossa basically taking less money to remain on a stacked team. I can see where players from other teams might get a little pissed about this. Especially if the Wings win another Cup and are basically going into next season with the same roster. It's almost bordering on unfair. I know I'd be pissed.

Just random speculation. This wasn't intended to be a "What's wrong with Hossa?" thread.

Guest mindfly

Hossa's stick is too long, I liked it better a few years ago when he used a more normal size he was a better with the puck... but i guess his release and reach is better now

Agreement with the sentiment. Just a small correction. Datsyuk scored against Columbus. It was the game where Ozzie got the shutout. Raffy, Dats, Hank, Huddie. I think that was game 2.

Hossa also had 2 goals in the last game against Columbus. I'm not sure if you just weren't counting them as you did specify "2 goals against the Ducks" or if you had missed them. They were important goals, though.

Hank had a goal in one of the losses that kept us from being shut out. He has had more goals that weren't EN than that were, and as far as EN goals go- I'll take them. Nothing like a little extra insurance.

What you said about them drawing the other team's best and leaving the rest of our guys to play is spot on. If the Blackhawks start focusing on Cleary, Huds, and Mule like they've been focusing on Hank, Dats, and Hossa

Another correction. Keith and Seabrook - Chicago's top D pairing - were up against ZETTERBERG'S line, not Datsyuk and Hossa. Just one more reason why Hossa and Datsyuk need to buckle down and take advantage of their opportunities.

Im not buying this excuse. Ovechkin had 11 goals and 21 points in 14 games. You don't think he was drawing NY & Pittsburgh's best defensive units? Hossa and Datsyuk are in a slump. It happens. No need to make up excuses for them, they just need to do better.

hes a great player and very dangerous to give space to him when hes got the puck. teams will always jump up on a great player to make sure they dont give them a scoring opportuine. hossa is good enough of a player to find his openings and make plays.