• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
KronwallCRUNCH

Remember this? Datsyuk for Olesz

Rate this topic

nothing beats the literally thousands of trade Hudler threads that have popped up here, basically since he was drafted...

they'll pop up as long as he's still in Detroit

Whew! So the rumors will stop this July then! :yowza:

I'd trade Hudler for a 1st and 2nd round pick. Who would do that? The team that qualifies him for $3.0 million. Thank you very much, hopefully it's the likes of Phoenix or the Islanders or the Avalanche...

Edited by LeftWinger

OK the whole "Trade Yzerman" bit:

They were talking about Yzerman for Yashin, but there was also a big rumor making the rounds then that they were going to trade Yzerman for the "hard-hitting defender" Stanislav Neckar (pronounced NETZ-cash). If I remember both of them played for Ottawa at the time.

All I could think about either of those trades was...

OTTAWA-NA HEAR ABOUT IT!

BA DUM BAH.

Thank you, you're too kind, please try the Veal Oscar, and make sure to leave a tip for the hard working waitstaff.

Would not trade dats, no way.

Flip, Huds, Sammy...

If keeping Hossa around is possible with some combo and bringing up Helm/Leino/Abdelkader full time is an option I am all for it, the team will have to loose some players which has been stated, which go, who stays and who is brought up is what will matter. I might feel differently if not the pending retirements of Maltby, Draper, Lids which will free up a bit of cap space (lids alot, Malts and Draper a little). Cleary is a keeper and I have been saying that for some time, go to a game in person and watch how hard he works, no way he should go anywhere. Flip works hard, but at 3+ mil I would not loose Hossa just to keep him. If Hossa does not stay, then by all means if possible keep all 3.

Good God yes. Didn't part of it have to do with the fact that he and Bowman were getting along about as well as gasoline and a lit match? I remember reading somewhere that Bowman wanted his forwards to play both offense and defense and Steve didn't think he needed to do that or some such nonsense.

Thank GOD that never materialized. We'd be living the hell the Red Sox went through when they traded Babe Ruth.

Part of me still wonders if that was Bowman taking a page from Herb Brooks and going after the captain, showing the rest of the team that no one is untouchable and you damn well better listen and buy into the system or else.

But among the fans, I do remember an awful lot of talk about how Yzerman had lots of talent, but just didn't have what it took to be a champion.

They were talking about Yzerman for Yashin, but there was also a big rumor making the rounds then that they were going to trade Yzerman for the "hard-hitting defender" Stanislav Neckar (pronounced NETZ-cash). If I remember both of them played for Ottawa at the time.

This is something I don't know for sure, but am pretty confident about. Not sure if anyone will care...

The 'r' in Jiří is the same as the one in Neckář so his first name is pronounced more like Yirzhi/Yirshi than Yiri. Any Czechs out there who can confirm this? My knowledge of Czech is essentially restricted to ordering beers whenever I'm in Prague.

This is something I don't know for sure, but am pretty confident about. Not sure if anyone will care...

The 'r' in Jiří is the same as the one in Neckář so his first name is pronounced more like Yirzhi/Yirshi than Yiri. Any Czechs out there who can confirm this? My knowledge of Czech is essentially restricted to ordering beers whenever I'm in Prague.

You're right on every count.

"Å™" is among the rarest sounds in all languages, I once read in the Guiness Book of Records that it exists only in Czech and in some Chinese dialect. And it can be likened to "rzh" merged and pronounced as one sound. Foreign speakers of Czech have a hell of a time trying to learn it :lol:

I remember Datsyuk for Gionta.

The real lesson to learn from these foolish trade proposals is that myopic decisions based on a dearth of information are always disproved in hindsight. While we may be "experts" as far as fans go, none of us has the capability of practicing true informed discernment when it comes to the management of a hockey club. Keeping that thought at the forefront of our minds we should avoid holding our opinions as though they were absolute fact, and be patient with others who merely wish to share their opinion.

Oh and what about the members who said get rid of Cleary and Stuart cause they are only good for half of what we are paying them. I love this board but man some of you drive me insane with your broken logic.

Guest micah
But among the fans, I do remember an awful lot of talk about how Yzerman had lots of talent, but just didn't have what it took to be a champion.

One thing that a lot of Wings fans seem to have forgotten (or never knew in the first place) was that Steve Yzerman was not immediately revered as a great captain or hard working team guy. He grew into that, but early in his carreer people were questioning his leadership, and for good reason. It just wasn't there yet. He was an almost-great offensive tallent who couldn't be bothered to play D, he was the Captain but he couldn't keep his teamates in line or seem to motivate them. The man that became the great Captain we all remember and love evolved into greatness, he wasn't born with it. The people who called him out when he was young for not getting it done likely had some part in motivating him to do better - and boy, did he ever!