large-1.png@ large.png

NHL Game Preview

Penguins lead series 3-0

Series Results

Game #1: Penguins win 3-2 | NHL Game Recap

Game #2: Penguins win 7-4 | NHL Game Recap

Game #3: Penguins win 6-2 |

Series Schedule

Game #4: @ Carolina, Tue. 5/26, 7:30 p.m.

*Game #5: @ Pittsburgh, Fri. 5/29, 7:30 p.m.

*Game #6: @ Carolina, Sun. 5/31, 7:30 p.m.

*Game #7: @ Pittsburgh, Tue. 6/2, 7:30 p.m.

* if necessary

Edited by Mike

Canes better get their s*** together. They looked terrible in the last game.

I don't want the Pens to win the series in 4 or 5 games, that gives them way too much rest.

I'm really hoping for the Canes to get it together too. Not just for the Wings sake, but I want to watch an entertaining series where I am not stressing every 2 minutes. I think the Canes win tonight and in Game #4 to make it a series once again.

I don't want the Pens to win the series in 4 or 5 games, that gives them way too much rest.

Rather than being concerned about Pens resting/rusting I think the DRW should be concerned about THIS series - which is far from over.

Guest Shoreline

Just an advisory.. Tuomo Ruutu is mysteriously a Blackhawk again.

ruutu.gif

Rather than being concerned about Pens resting/rusting I think the DRW should be concerned about THIS series - which is far from over.

Based on that rationale this entire thread should be deleted because it has nothing to do with the Red Wings and their series against the Hawks. A long ECF benefits whichever team comes out of the West and I am also rooting for a long series.

The other half of this one is the Wings need to figure this out too. No slacking! No laying off a single play. If and when they move on, the only way they're gonna get any rest is to play their asses off now.

I don't want a rested Pens team to go into the SCF regardless of whether the Hawks or Wings move on. If the Wings don't win the cup I'd rather see the Hawks or Canes do it.

The Canes should play a little Brass Bonanza when they are coming out onto the ice to start the game.

Edited by Mike

Tell you what....

IF the Wings advance, (and that's no guarantee with the way they've been (not)starting games all Post Season long), and IF the Pens advance, the Wings will be SHREDDED by the Pens PP. Especially without Datsyuk and Draper. (And yes....I'm assuming that Dats has a broken foot, and could be "done", as I'm thinking worst case scenario....).

Tell you what....

IF the Wings advance, (and that's no guarantee with the way they've been (not)starting games all Post Season long), and IF the Pens advance, the Wings will be SHREDDED by the Pens PP. Especially without Datsyuk and Draper. (And yes....I'm assuming that Dats has a broken foot, and could be "done", as I'm thinking worst case scenario....).

I'm not so sure about that. I know the Wings PK has been an issue all season and all playoffs, but in the playoffs, it seems like the Wings are fundamentally sound and dangerous offensively on their PK. I know the evidence to the contrary is overwhelming, but it seems like every PP goal we give up it's: Control, control, clear, control, clear, one shot... GOAL!!!

This game is over. Canes refuse to play defense and want to keep turning the puck over. 2 goals in the last minute of the period.