• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
jvxp

Lilja

Rate this topic

I have heard that Lilja is with the team and practicing. Does anyone know if he will be back this year??? It would be nice to have him and Big Rig in the finals to give us two BIG D-men. Thanks in advance! Any links to articles would be great! Go Wings!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :)

This was from MLive on the 20th

Lilja still waiting

While defenseman Andreas Lilja continues to feel better -- fewer headaches -- he still has no idea when he will be cleared to play.

"As soon as I get rid of the headaches, I'll take it from there," Lilja said. "Huge difference from the other week. It feels like it could end tomorrow, but it could still be four months. Nobody knows."

He watches games from the dressing room while riding the exercise bike or sitting in the sauna.

"It is (nerve-wracking). My heart rate, it's definitely not good for my head. It's probably worse than practicing," Lilja said. "I get really fired up. I can't even watch it sometimes. You get angry, you get happy, you get sad. It's tough. You got no control over it. Good thing is they're playing good."

Traveling with the team makes him feel more involved.

"Sitting at home, you feel sorry for yourself. Being around the guys, I try to help out, be positive," Lilja said. "If someone has a bad game, I talk to them, try to get them going."

Edited by Konnan511

Guest L3T5G0W1NG5

honestly, im happy with our current defensive pairings, sorry lilja but your gonna have to wait next season, even though i doubt he'd be ready to play anyways.

honestly, im happy with our current defensive pairings, sorry lilja but your gonna have to wait next season, even though i doubt he'd be ready to play anyways.

Sorry, but if he is ready, i am putting a cold Lilja in over any of our Chicago boys.

This was from MLive on the 20th

Great find!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Thank you! I would love to be in the finals with Lilja and Big Rig on the blue line for the wings. It could help the forwards on the breakout and to clear bodies in front of the net for Ozzie. Let's keep our fingers crossed!

DO YOU HEAR THAT COMIN OVER THE HORIZON!??!!??!

*whoooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo chugchugchugchug*......

It's getting closer.....

*WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOEEEEE!!!!!! CHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUGCHUG WHEEEEESH!!!!!*

Look over there, it's Marty Havlat! Hi Havlat!

*CHUGACHUGACHUGACHUGA WHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO*KERCRASH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!*

Bye Havlat!

I love Lilja, but given Lebda's decent play and the fact that Lilja hasn't played in months, I would keep Lebda. Asking Lilja to go in and play at the highest level and expecting him to keep up would be near impossible and unfair.

hes the weakest big man in the league, keep him off the roster...id rather have lebda, cheli or meech in the linup

OMG, Cheli ???? I can poop faster then he can skate!

Guest Crymson

Knowing the symptoms of concussions and knowing Babcock's style, I'd say there's no chance whatsoever of Lilja being abruptly jammed into the lineup for the finals.

Edited by Crymson

hes the weakest big man in the league, keep him off the roster...id rather have lebda, cheli or meech in the linup

Man, i would way rather see Lils in there than Cheli. Lilja can block shots, he is a big boy who's strong on the body and is awesome on the PK. Cheli, IMO turns it over consistantly and he is way too slow. I hope we see Lils before the playoffs are done!

If my options are Chelios or Lilja just off IR I'm gonna go with Lilja and (I can't believe I'm going to say this, but regardless of how he's played recently) if my options are Lebda and Lilja just off IR.. I'm probably still gonna go with Lilja and I don't even really like him.

p.s.

Lebda sucks.

I think Lebda's been playing really well, but I definitely miss Pain Train. I think our PK has missed him as well.

oh i def. agree!!!!!!!!!!! :thumbup:

Or give me death?

:unsure:

hahaha!

Lebda has been really good. It sucks Lilja has bleeding on the brain with his concussion. Concussions are scary injuries. I doubt he'll be back for the playoffs. :(

Edited by Zetterling

Guest Crymson
If my options are Chelios or Lilja just off IR I'm gonna go with Lilja and (I can't believe I'm going to say this, but regardless of how he's played recently) if my options are Lebda and Lilja just off IR.. I'm probably still gonna go with Lilja and I don't even really like him.

p.s.

Lebda sucks.

No offense, but I get the feeling you know nothing of concussions.

Guest Crymson
How exactly do you come by that feeling?

Concussions can have residual symptoms that take months to get over. Even when the headaches are gone, he'll not be near 100% for some time.

Concussions can have residual symptoms that take months to get over. Even when the headaches are gone, he'll not be near 100% for some time.

uh huh... so? I was suggesting this hypothetically. Considering the severity of Liljas condition, I seriously doubted that he would be returning before next season, if at all. Not that I was offended, but I fail to see how my previous comments would lead you to assume I am unfamiliar with concussions. It's a head trauma.

You know, for all that y'all gripe about him over the season, you can sure tell when he's not there. Frankly, I miss him on the penalty kill, and out blocking shots. You don't realize how valuable he is until he's gone.

You know, for all that y'all gripe about him over the season, you can sure tell when he's not there. Frankly, I miss him on the penalty kill, and out blocking shots. You don't realize how valuable he is until he's gone.

oh I totally griped about him during the season. I'm not the biggest Lilja fan around but I do like him better than some others...

I don't remember much griping because early in the season when our team was playing like crap, he was one of the only consistent D men besides Lids. He was always blocking shots, taking the body and clearing the front of the net.