• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
bdavis

Something that I've noticed about Mellon Arena

Rate this topic

I don't know if this is 100% fact, so please correct me if I am wrong. I have noticed that almost every fan in Mellon Arena is in fact a Pitts fan. During game three I only was able to pick out one Red Wing fan. I also remember hearing last year that they were only letting Pitts fans into Mellon, and looking at drivers licenses when people were purchasing tickets. There was definitely Pitts fans at the Joe during games 1 and 2. That is extremely poor sportsmanship, and Pitts deserves to lose if this is the case.

Edited by bd2988

I don't know if this is 100% fact, so please correct me if I am wrong. I have noticed that almost every fan in Mellon Arena is in fact a Pitts fan. During game three I only was able to pick out one Red Wing fan. I also remember hearing last year that they were only letting Pitts fans into Mellon, and looking at drivers licenses when people were purchasing tickets. There was definitely Pitts fans at the Joe during games 1 and 2. That is extremely poor sportsmanship, and Pitts deserves to lose if this is the case.

it is not the case. but very humorous to read.

I saw a handful of Wings fans at Mellon Arena last night. There was definitely more than one.

And yes, last year, they were checking ID's to see if you were from PA or not. I haven't heard of them doing it this year though, so let's not jump the gun and start trashing them until we know.

Yes, they only let people from the Pittsburgh area purchase tickets. Let them, they are still going to lose.

Edited by Mike

Yup, I started a thread on LetsGoWings last year about the Mellon wasn't allowing Red Wings fans. I remember last year a group of Red Wings fans were all chipping in on a bus for a trip to PA, but the plan failed because they couldn't score tickets due to ID checks.

Yup, I started a thread on LetsGoWings last year about the Mellon wasn't allowing Red Wings fans. I remember last year a group of Red Wings fans were all chipping in on a bus for a trip to PA, but the plan failed because they couldn't score tickets due to ID checks.

So my speculation is somewhat true then... Thanks for the info.

I hope it's true, because they're absolutely owning us in the traveling fans category. How is it that we can get several thousand in LA for a game in December but about 12 in Pittsburgh for the SCF? There HAS to be something else going on. Whatever they're doing, I wish we'd do the same though--the amount of noise when they score at the Joe is flat-out embarrassing.

I did see more than one Wings fan last night...but the ones I saw seemed like they were mostly wearing white jerseys. Gotta know where you're going and rock the red as they say in DC.

So my speculation is somewhat true then... Thanks for the info.

I don't know if it is true this year, but i suspect that's what is going on. I found no proof for this year.

I don't know if it is true this year, but i suspect that's what is going on. I found no proof for this year.

Like I said, I wasn't 100% sure, because no proof yet this year. But, I won't go any further than that until it is proven a fact.

I hope it's true, because they're absolutely owning us in the traveling fans category. How is it that we can get several thousand in LA for a game in December but about 12 in Pittsburgh for the SCF?

Transplants. Nobody from Michigan moves to Pittsburgh. I will hand it to Pens fans though, they definitely do travel well.

I'm sure the size of the arenas have something to do with it as well.

Mellon can fit, what? Somewhere between 17,000 and 18,000? The Joe gets 20,066. That's an extra 2,000 + seats that are available for opposing fans to purchase at the Joe.

And this has to do with the Wings losing Game 3 because??

Not sure, but i was able to get a ticket to the game for last year's SC game 6. But then again, i live in DC. Not sure if that's an issue, but that or everyone's a season ticket holder and have dibs on tixs. Also if you get them via ticketmaster, i think they actually restrict sales from 1-2 states over.

Shady IMHO.

B

Since when does every thread posted here have to be about losing game 3?

Because it's all a big conspiracy. If there were 1,000 Red Wings fans there last night, the Wings wouldn't have played like Sally's in the third and we woulda won! :rolleyes:

Because it's all a big conspiracy. If there were 1,000 Red Wings fans there last night, the Wings wouldn't have played like Sally's in the third and we woulda won! :rolleyes:

Oh, that's right! A pox upon me for being such a horrible Wings fan. :P

And this has to do with the Wings losing Game 3 because??

Hello Pens fan. If you want to be taken seriously, don't make stupid comments like this.

Not all threads are about the actual game. Shocking, I know.

Kinda silly from a business standpoint, but whatever floats their boats I guess =)

A more accurate statement would be:

"I have noticed that almost every fan in Mellon Arena is in fact a Pitts fan - about 20% actual Penguins fans, and 80% bored Steelers fans"

Seriously.....the costumes in the crowd had me laughing. One woman even painted her face in Steelers colors, lol!

Kinda silly from a business standpoint, but whatever floats their boats I guess =)

A more accurate statement would be:

"I have noticed that almost every fan in Mellon Arena is in fact a Pitts fan - about 20% actual Penguins fans, and 80% bored Steelers fans"

Seriously.....the costumes in the crowd had me laughing. One woman even painted her face in Steelers colors, lol!

The Pirates, Steelers, and Penguins all pretty much have the same color scheme, so they were probably going for Penguin colors.