• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wingsfanforlife

stop and think

Rate this topic

ok, lets look at the big picture. we are tied 2-2 going into detroit. dont even think of how we got in this situation. last time we were in this situation, we won two in a row (last year vs nashville). we know our circumstances because we have been in this situation before. we can also look at the fact that we will be well rested and have datsyuk back. how do you guys think we will respond to the situation?

Well, I just wrote it somewhere else, but in a way such a lousy performance is a good thing in that it is a huge wake up call. I think coaching and players will adjust. I'd like to see Abdelkader back, I might even like to see Chelios in and maybe Lebda out, I definatly want Hossa to either play with Flip or give Flip to someone else, but I would give anything for Dats to be back and to be a force. He HAS to come back. He seemed so damn close today, how could he not be ready in two days?

Yes, I remember my meltdown. Franzen shut me up so fast that I missed the OT goal and had to back up my DVR.

However...

... this isn't Nashville and the Wings are MUCH more fatigued. Pens have all of the momentum now and are NOT afraid to play at the Joe. They know they only need to win ONE of the next two at the Joe. They KNOW they'll win game 6.

Datysuk returning will for sure help defensively, but I'm not sure he'll make an impact with goals. At this point Hossa can't play with anyone and score. He's proven that. And bulls*** he's playing well. How many times has Fleury robbed Hossa? How many quality chances has Hossa had? Zero, and zero. He's playing terribly offensively. At least Datysuk will take the weight off Z and spread out the lines a little bit better. At this point, Game 5 is a must win.

Well, I just wrote it somewhere else, but in a way such a lousy performance is a good thing in that it is a huge wake up call. I think coaching and players will adjust. I'd like to see Abdelkader back, I might even like to see Chelios in and maybe Lebda out, I definatly want Hossa to either play with Flip or give Flip to someone else, but I would give anything for Dats to be back and to be a force. He HAS to come back. He seemed so damn close today, how could he not be ready in two days?

I absolute LOVE Chelios, but he would just not work. Based on tonight's performance, I'm surprised I don't hear more screaming for Rafalski being benched.

Ok the anger in me has subsided. I agree with the post above. This could be a major wake-up call for Detroit. They have to play with that fire and passion that they have played with earlier in the playoffs. Yes, they look tired, but that should be NO EXCUSE. There are only a possible three games left. If they really want to win the cup they will just hav to push harder. I, also think that it is essential for Pavel to play in the next game.

I still love the Wings chances and I see this being a 7 game homer series. Dats should be fresh, is nigh guaranteed for game 5, and is everything we need right now.

There really is no such thing as momentum from game to game. Its ludicrous to suggest any adrenaline left at the end of game 4 will still be there after nights of rest and if anything the winning team falls risk of complacency while the losing team is fueled by desperation.

Love it positive mojo!

The Wings thrive on competition.

Datsyuk will be back, Wings WILL get it done and win this series.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Guest EZBAKETHAGANGSTA

I'd like to be optimistic, but the PENS HAVE ALL THE MOMENTUM NOW. Like you don't understand how dissapointed I am in some of the players, It's like they don't even care. And even more troubling, Z and Lids looked tired tonight, they were still hustling, but you can tell the minutes are taking their tole. Hopefully Pavel will deliver a placebo effect and boost everyone's confidence, healthy or not. I Still have faith, but to me it just looks bleak. First 5 minutes of the next game will be huge.

Btw if Hossa does not score at least 2 meanigful points, or have several amazing "Helm-esque" shifts, he has offically played himself out of a contract offer.

I cant wait to see pavs skate onto our home ice for game five and have the fans just rocking all night. We need all the energy we can get at this point (any team playing with the crowd the pens had tonight would be tough to beat) so i expect the joe to be rocking and for pavel to be the spark this tema needs

I'd like to be optimistic, but the PENS HAVE ALL THE MOMENTUM NOW. Like you don't understand how dissapointed I am in some of the players, It's like they don't even care. And even more troubling, Z and Lids looked tired tonight, they were still hustling, but you can tell the minutes are taking their tole. Hopefully Pavel will deliver a placebo effect and boost everyone's confidence, healthy or not. I Still have faith, but to me it just looks bleak. First 5 minutes of the next game will be huge.

Btw if Hossa does not score at least 2 meanigful points, or have several amazing "Helm-esque" shifts, he has offically played himself out of a contract offer.

thats very well put... on ESPN melorse was saying how pittsburgh is thinking about how they can win the series and how detroit can lose the series. i thought that was well put

thats very well put... on ESPN melorse was saying how pittsburgh is thinking about how they can win the series and how detroit can lose the series. i thought that was well put

This series is defined by the Pens needing far more chances than the Wings because Detroit finishes better. The Pens will need to continue to make fewer mistakes and generate a lot of chances to win this in 7. My money would still be on Detroit, but all of my heart goes the other way. Great series now.

ok, lets look at the big picture. we are tied 2-2 going into detroit. dont even think of how we got in this situation. last time we were in this situation, we won two in a row (last year vs nashville). we know our circumstances because we have been in this situation before. we can also look at the fact that we will be well rested and have datsyuk back. how do you guys think we will respond to the situation?

What??? are you NOT watching the playoffs this year??? Wings trailed Anaheim 2-1 this year, then tied it 2-2, went up 3-2, then lost game 6-- tied 3-3, then won it in 7

This series is defined by the Pens needing far more chances than the Wings because Detroit finishes better. The Pens will need to continue to make fewer mistakes and generate a lot of chances to win this in 7. My money would still be on Detroit, but all of my heart goes the other way. Great series now.

Pens owned us tonight, congrats on that.

The shots seem to favour the losing team because there has been a lead going into the 3rd for both sides at home, desperation is all it is. The defenses in both situations (2 in det 2 in pitts) closed it out. Ya there was advantages in shots but both defenses limited good scoring chances and kept shots to the outside.

Pens owned us tonight, congrats on that.

The shots seem to favour the losing team because there has been a lead going into the 3rd for both sides at home, desperation is all it is. The defenses in both situations (2 in det 2 in pitts) closed it out. Ya there was advantages in shots but both defenses limited good scoring chances and kept shots to the outside.

I'm not really looking at the shot stats. Maybe I'm just frustrated, but it seems like the Pens have way more quality chances and the Wings are making more mistakes, but the Wings are better at taking advantage of their fewer chances.

I'm not really looking at the shot stats. Maybe I'm just frustrated, but it seems like the Pens have way more quality chances and the Wings are making more mistakes, but the Wings are better at taking advantage of their fewer chances.

Definitely noticed that in the 2 losses for us at the Igloo.

Datysuk returning will for sure help defensively, but I'm not sure he'll make an impact with goals. At this point Hossa can't play with anyone and score. He's proven that. And bulls*** he's playing well. How many times has Fleury robbed Hossa? How many quality chances has Hossa had? Zero, and zero. He's playing terribly offensively. At least Datysuk will take the weight off Z and spread out the lines a little bit better. At this point, Game 5 is a must win.

The Wings arent going to win this series if Hossa doesnt start scoring it's really that simple. You know that Datsyuk is going to play now on Saturday night because the Wings are going to treat it like a Game 7 knowing that if they lose in Detroit on Saturday that they are going to be in big big trouble coming back to Pittsburgh for Game 6 with the Penguins having a chance to clinch the cup on home-ice. The Red Wings right now look worn down and you can tell are starting to get more frustrated with how physical the Penguins are playing. They are really starting to take it to the Red Wings...

The Wings arent going to win this series if Hossa doesnt start scoring it's really that simple. You know that Datsyuk is going to play now on Saturday night because the Wings are going to treat it like a Game 7 knowing that if they lose in Detroit on Saturday that they are going to be in big big trouble coming back to Pittsburgh for Game 6 with the Penguins having a chance to clinch the cup on home-ice. The Red Wings right now look worn down and you can tell are starting to get more frustrated with how physical the Penguins are playing. They are really starting to take it to the Red Wings...

Hate to say it, but I can't really argue with that.

I would really prefer Abdelkader over Holmer next game, i respect what Holmer has done here but he is battle worn and tired. Hopefully Datsyuk is back next game then i dont care who plays, throw Cheli in for all i care.

GO WINGS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!