• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Nightfall

NHL poster boys don't set a good example

Rate this topic

I agree. I was thinking the same thing during the game. On national television, Crosby and Malkin, the two players the NHL has given their man love too, lost it and looked like babies! You would NEVER see Datsyuk or Zetterberg act like that!

You wouldn't even see Helm or probably Abdelkader act like that.

I really didn't have a problem with Crosby until last year's finals. I remember watching a press conference after the game that Hank really dominated him and prevented him from scoring a sure goal in front of the net. Somene asked him about that great play that Hank made and he responded with "I really didn't think it was really that good of a play....." or something like that. It seriously reminded me of what a little kid would say.

I remember thinking "Man, that was a stupid response,there is no way Stevie or Lids would say something like that....." Crosby will NEVER, EVER give credit where credit is due - he makes excuses or tries to downplay things instead of just saying "Yeah you know, we got outplayed, they were better than us tonight, etc". Just like in games 1 and 2 of this year, it was the boards' fault.

After that, it just continued and has gotten worse and worse. He shows his true colors in the face of adversity. These two final runs have been a clear example of that. Sidney Crosby may be a great hockey player, but he is a poor leader. He may be able to "handle the pressure of the media well" or whatever else NBC says he does off the ice, but when it comes to on-ice and team leadership, he's terrible IMO.

And as mentioned, his nomination for the leadership award is very disappointing because there are FAR better leaders in the NHL ahead of Sidney Crosby.

Edited by Copenhagen848

I really didn't have a problem with Crosby until last year's finals. I remember watching a press conference after the game that Hank really dominated him and prevented him from scoring a sure goal in front of the net. Somene asked him about that great play that Hank made and he responded with "I really didn't think it was really that good of a play....." or something like that. It seriously reminded me of what a little kid would say.

I remember thinking "Man, that was a stupid response,there is no way Stevie or Lids would say something like that....." Crosby will NEVER, EVER give credit where credit is due - he makes excuses or tries to downplay things instead of just saying "Yeah you know, we got outplayed, they were better than us tonight, etc". Just like in games 1 and 2 of this year, it was the boards' fault.

After that, it just continued and has gotten worse and worse. He shows his true colors in the face of adversity. These two final runs have been a clear example of that. Sidney Crosby may be a great hockey player, but he is a poor leader. He may be able to "handle the pressure of the media well" or whatever else NBC says he does off the ice, but when it comes to on-ice and team leadership, he's terrible IMO.

And as mentioned, his nomination for the leadership award is very disappointing because there are FAR better leaders in the NHL ahead of Sidney Crosby.

This kind of attitude changes in time with maturity and becoming a veteran in the NHL.

Youth and captaincy is a very dangerous combination. I was not a hockey fan back in Yzerman's youth, but I am curious what he was like back when he was captain of the team in his youth. With all of the media coverage today, its impossible to escape dumb statements or mistakes or frustration. Everything is overanalyzed in hockey with all the cameras and media coverage. It would be interesting to see how Yzerman would be covered today in his first years as captain.

Crosby is an excellent player, but I still think the captaincy should have been handed to someone with a little more maturity like Bill Guerin or another veteran.

Malkins elbow was an example of his passion, grit and determination... Crosbys slashes are brought on from his hard work, leadership and overall love of the game..

You have no idea what you are talking about

GO WATCH STEVE YZERMAN

he will show you what passion, grit, determination, hardwork, Leadership and love is the game is REALLY ABOUT.

Guest Shoreline

Other stars DO get publicity. Quite often at that. People here just ignore it and focus on Crosby and turn it into a *****/jealous-fest. Basically, you're doing exactly what you accuse the NHL of doing -- giving excessive attention to one player.

Edited by Shoreline

Remember, those who do not learn from history are condemned to repeat it...

Yes, it is so true. Players who lose it in a loss lose it overall. This is the third time we have seen this - Ducks, Hawks and now Penns. Coaches who whine to the press instead of concentrating on their team end up on summer vacation. That is about all the Penns have going for them now in the class area - a non whiney coach. You would think people would get all this, but getting it is a bigger deal than we often imagine. Kudos to the Wings for having an entire organization that takes pride in every aspect of the team.

Malkins elbow was an example of his passion, grit and determination... Crosbys slashes are brought on from his hard work, leadership and overall love of the game..

You have no idea what you are talking about

GO WATCH STEVE YZERMAN

he will show you what passion, grit, determination, hardwork, Leadership and love is the game is REALLY ABOUT.

I believe he was being sarcastic. atleast I hope so.

Edited by NvrFrgtRussian5