• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Snazzy

Did Pens Fans Threaten harm on Ovechkin?

Rate this topic

Automotive angle? I was speakng more about the housing angle. The droves of people leaving the area angle. The empty space, reported to be as large as San Fran proper, in the city angle. The crime rate increase angle. Those angles, that when compared to the chance of Pittsburgh losing a hockey tema in 10 years, look a bit more likely.

I'n not surprised that my comment looked like flame to you and your ilk, you just aren't smart enough or a thorough enough readers to understand why I phrased my comment as I did.

Whatever. Just admit you got ugly and move on. You are only making yourself look worse with these ridiculous excuses. You said it. Stand by it. Stop waffling already. It's painful to watch.

Most feeble back stroke I've ever seen. Seriously.

Look, you're obviously highly enamored with your own powers of inference and deflection. I get it. You think you are really smart and it's highly evident that you want other people to think so too. Why are you here? For intelligent conversation. Why aren't we on the Penguins board? Intelligent conversation. It's not a coincidence.

Here's my baby step claim... you are a troll that slipped and accidentally slid into Penguin message board mode and slammed the City of Detroit's economic woes. At best, highly unoriginal.

Don't hide your true colors. Flaunt them. Be proud of them.

Do you do this for a living? Make incorrect assumptions?

I guess you weren't able to pick up how I played the low hanging econo- card into the equally low hanging "if Pittsburgh can keep their team" card.

My bad, I overestimated your ability to decipher the tone and mode of my post. As I said, baby steps for you.

Whatever. Just admit you got ugly and move on. You are only making yourself look worse with these ridiculous excuses. You said it. Stand by it. Stop waffling already. It's painful to watch.

Nope, guy, no free pass for you. You failed at understading my post and now you are back peddling and hoping the "troll" smokescreen will aid your escape.

Here is a tip: find the first use fo the word "auto" in this thread.

Do you do this for a living? Make incorrect assumptions?

I guess you weren't able to pick up how I played the low hanging econo- card into the equally low hanging "if Pittsburgh can keep their team" card.

My bad, I overestimated your ability to decipher the tone and mode of my post. As I said, baby steps for you.

The "if Pittsburgh can keep their team" card isn't even in the same ballpark.

Fact is, you almost lost your team because ownership sucked and nobody in Pittsburgh cared. The team sucked, the fans weren't going to the game and the team was almost relocated. Why? That's right. No fan base. Somehow this ties directly into Detroit's crime rate and housing market and you are able to draw a direct comparison. Hehe... ok.

I'm surprised your superior intellect didn't catch the difference. Try again.

Edited by Broken 16

:rolleyes:

Change the facts? You mean the one you just made up to throw some "smarmy" BS of your own?

Nothing more condesending than another fan trying to tell someone they're not as good of a fan as he is.. you're pro at failing!

I was thrown off their board for just defending Detroit .They are little babies ,they can't take what they dish out. :crybaby:

The "if Pittsburgh can keep their team" card isn't even in the same ballpark.

Fact it, you almost lost your team because ownership sucked and nobody in Pittsburgh cared. The team sucked, the fans weren't going to the game and the team was almost relocated.

I'm surprised your superior intellect didn't catch the difference.

And we were talking about 10 years out, not 10 years back. What has transpired in the last few years that would make it a safe bet for me to say there would be a team in Pittsburgh a decade from now?

I'm not surprised your inferior intellect failed to see the difference.

Edited by Flintstone Cicarelli

And we were talking about 10 years out, not 10 years back. What has transpired in the last few years that would make it a safe bet for me to say there would be a team in Pittsburgh a decade from now?

I'm not surprised your inferior intellect failed to see the difference.

How is it a safe bet? It's already been proven that Penguin fans will drop the team like a bad habit if/when they start sucking again. I'd be less surprised to see the Penguins on the chopping block again in 10 years. Crosby might be your only hope (God that would suck).

How is it a safe bet? It's already been proven that Penguin fans will drop the team like a bad habit if/when they start sucking again. I'd be less surprised to see the Penguins on the chopping block again in 10 years. Crosby might be your only hope (God that would suck).

30 plus year contract with the city, new management structure, and an overall drive to be the city of champions again. The NFL success of late and the NHL success coupled with the citiy's desire to survive in general has spurred a rekindled commitment to our sports teams (except the Pirates).

Now, should we discuss some of the tragic economic events and situations that have me putting a Detroit collapse as a slighly higher potential event?

You do recall I was juxstaposing the safeness of the Pens tenure with detorits odds of surviving.

Edited by Flintstone Cicarelli

30 plus year contract with the city, new management structure, and an overall drive to be the city of champions again. The NFL success of late and the NHL success coupled with the citiy's desire to survive in general has spurred a rekindled commitment to our sports teams (except the Pirates).

Now, should we discuss some of the tragic economic events and situations that have me putting a Detroit collapse as a slighly higher potential event?

You do recall I was juxstaposing the safeness of the Pens tenure with detorits odds of surviving.

A touchy subject around here that is currently affecting members of this board and you swing it around like a toy sword. It's a hardship. I don't go to Penguin message boards and start ripping the team because the fans turned their back on them when they were down. It's bad form.

In fact, if I even eluded to that situation, I would be banned from every Penguins board. You people are tolerated here. It's a rare thing. Try not to abuse it.

Edited by Broken 16

It appears that Pittsburgh message board have revised the Terms of Service. Much different from the default Terms of Service included with the forum software. It's refreshing to see that administration is taking precautionary measures to help maintain the safety of players.

[5] Threats of ANY NATURE, joking or otherwise, will NOT be tolerated any may be reported to the police.

[Rule] 6. You will respect the personal privacy of players/management and their families. Discussions about players or management that have nothing to do with hockey are not permitted.

EDIT: Too bad administration isn't enforcing the rules they have provided.

Edited by Snazzy

A touchy subject around here, I would think that would be pretty obvious at this point. I don't go to Penguin message boards and start ripping the team because the fans turned their back on them when they were down. It's bad form.

In fact, if I even eluded to that situation, I would be banned from every Penguins board. You people are tolerated here. It's a rare thing. Try not to abuse it.

I could be long-winded again in reply to your request. Instead, I will be brief.

Eat a dick.

I know it is a touchy subject. I alluded to it with purpose. It is kind of odd that you hold me in contempt for counterpointing an unfouded claim (95% of Pens fans...), a ridiculous summary (Pens fans are classless because a 17 year old said...), and an off-based prediction (Pittsburgh will not have a team in 10....), with a truthfull, yet harsh, look at reality.

At least I used an argument that has some truth behind it. Yea, but that is trolling.

Who are you to say what went on in the minds of Pens fans back then? Yes ticket sales slowed, but not for the reasons you've found. It is a bit surprising to see comments like these come from a Detroit fan. The emptiness of your own arena outside of playoffs is well known throughout the league these days. What's up with that?? I would be just as foolish as you if I were to create some BS fairweather story for that attendance.. wouldn't I??

Pens fans are largely why the team is staying. Without us demanding we keep our team to our gov officials, and standing by them no matter how tough it got they'd be in KC already. We're why they're getting a new arena and a contract keeping them for the next 35 yrs.

So what you think you know fails. If you want to keep on with it then expect to hear more from folks about Detroit and it's woes. If you're going to try and dish out this crap.. learn to receive in kind.

Think about it, that kid probably has a stain on his record and is being watched like a hawk at school. Just dumb dumb dumb. Not a thing to joke about and NOT free speech.

I could be long-winded again in reply to your request. Instead, I will be brief.

Finally

Eat a dick.

Typical

I know it is a touchy subject.

Now you do... good for you.

I alluded to it with purpose.

Yea... shock value.

It is kind of odd that you hold me in contempt for counterpointing an unfouded claim (95% of Pens fans...), a ridiculous summary (Pens fans are classless because a 17 year old said...), and an off-based prediction (Pittsburgh will not have a team in 10....), with a truthfull, yet harsh, look at reality.

A) 95% was MY assessment from the HFBoards and a handful of indie message boards (I lurk). 95% of all Penguin fans are blabbering morons that say things like:

Eat a dick.

B) I never made a prediction. I said "if". I'd appreciate if you didn't put words into my mouth.

C) The kid that posted that stuff is an idiot. He also happens to be the most famous poster in Penguin message boards history. Hehe... bummer.

At least I used an argument that has some truth behind it. Yea, but that is trolling.

Ya... at least there's that. :rolleyes:

Whatever that means.

A) 95% was MY assessment from the HFBoards and a handful of indie message boards (I lurk). 95% of all Penguin fans are blabbering morons that say things like:

yawn.

Who's on first?

Back to the original premise. You made up a stat to pad your weak argument. Either that or you are slow. Which is it?

Who are you to say what went on in the minds of Pens fans back then? Yes ticket sales slowed, but not for the reasons you've found. It is a bit surprising to see comments like these come from a Detroit fan. The emptiness of your own arena outside of playoffs is well known throughout the league these days. What's up with that?? I would be just as foolish as you if I were to create some BS fairweather story for that attendance.. wouldn't I??

I only made a small comment to see if I could get a true reaction out of him. It was easier than I thought. I have nothing against the Penguins.

Pens fans are largely why the team is staying. Without us demanding we keep our team to our gov officials, and standing by them no matter how tough it got they'd be in KC already. We're why they're getting a new arena and a contract keeping them for the next 35 yrs.

I'm glad. I'd love nothing more that to have a chance to face the Penguins in the next two or three SCF's.

So what you think you know fails. If you want to keep on with it then expect to hear more from folks about Detroit and it's woes. If you're going to try and dish out this crap.. learn to receive in kind.

Like I said, I made the slight jab to try and reveal what I thought might be his true colors. Don't take it personally. I have nothing against the City of Pittsburgh what so ever.

Oh I know! I know the answer to this one!

1. You bought a NHL Commissioner.

2. The Commissioner changed the draft rules so Pittsburgh ended up with Crosby.

3. You lost back to back Stanley Cup Finals.

Oh wait.. that last one is from the list of why Detroit will still be laughing at Pittsburgh 10 years from now.

A touchy subject around here that is currently affecting members of this board and you swing it around like a toy sword. It's a hardship. I don't go to Penguin message boards and start ripping the team because the fans turned their back on them when they were down. It's bad form.

Sorry but it's no different than that "toy sword" your own posters decided to pull out on Pittsburgh. If our city's woes are open for insult, best not to have an equal sore spot yourself eh? Sorry life is tough for Detroit.. losing your major industry is something we as Pittsburghers are very very fimilar with. We might even know a thing or two of how it impacts our sports teams. You know I seem to recalling seeing quite a few empty seats in Detroit recently.. hmmmm :unsure: It has nothign to do with fairweather fans asshat.

Good thing your industry looks like it may get help through the Feds though.. Pittsburgh wasn't so lucky. We had to build back on our own. My family has never been the same since the days our economy colapsed.

Edited by Mcquade

yawn.

Who's on first?

Back to the original premise. You made up a stat to pad your weak argument. Either that or you are slow. Which is it?

I didn't make up a stat. I spoke from personal experience. Pens fans are, by far, the biggest dip s***s I have ever dealt with in terms of opposing fan bases. That's an opinion and the claim of 95% might even be a little low. It's THAT bad. Sorry.

Stop feeding the PIT trolls that just registered.

Just realize that the reason they're ripping on Detroit has something to do with the series tally of 3-2. Let's hope that we can win Tuesday and they can all eat humble pie.

Deep economy debate on hockey forum = fail

Sorry but it's no different than that "toy sword" your own posters decided to pull out on Pittsburgh. If our city's woes are open for insult, best not to have an equal sore spot yourself eh? Sorry life is tough for Detroit.. losing your major industry is something we as Pittsburghers are very very fimilar with. We might even know a thing or two of how it impacts our sports teams. You know I seem to recalling seeing quite a few empty seats in Detroit recently.. hmmmm :unsure: It has nothign to do with fairweather fans asshat.

Good thing your industry looks like it may get help through the Feds though.. Pittsburgh wasn't so lucky. We had to build back on our own. My family has never been the same since the days our economy colapsed.

There aren't as many empty seats as you would like to believe. Sorry. Check the attendance numbers. We aren't hurting.

As far as the economy affecting Pittsburgh in the past... so what? Maybe the economy sucked and the Penguins suffered. Right now, the Michigan economy sucks and the Wings are thriving. Just makes my point that one has nothing to do with the other and some things are better left unsaid.

Just realize that the reason they're ripping on Detroit has something to do with the series tally of 3-2. Let's hope that we can win Tuesday and they can all eat humble pie.

Yes, this debate was deep.

QFT

How did this go from a Pens fan threatening Ovechkin to talking about Detroit's economy. This is a hockey forum not an economic debate forum, the economy has nothing to do with the topic.

I'm glad it was reported and investigated. Too many people don't take what happens on the internet seriously enough because, hell, it's only the internet!

Most of the people responsible for the wave of school and other public shootings could have been prevented had people taken the internet more seriously.

What if this kid had actually been serious and AO had actually been murdered or shot? Just because he's not of legal age, doesn't mean he couldn't kill someone.