• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

#41 Booster313

Booster313

1st Line All-Star

• HoF Booster
  • 1,607 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:34 PM

The emergence of Ericsson and the great play of Lilja this season make me believe that the Brad Stuart signing wasn't prudent one. I am not basing that decision on the poor game 7. He just suddenly seems expendable. I dunno maybe I am wrong to think so.

Edited by Booster313, 14 June 2009 - 03:35 PM.

What kind of color is red? Red is a warning, a declaration, a color that says I'm ready to do what it takes. Red is focused and driven because red doesn't like second place. So what kind of color is red? Their kind.

#42 Dimaline312000

Dimaline312000

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,182 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 03:36 PM

Even the best Goal Scorer isn't always going to score. Pavs can get the puck to whoever he wants whenever he wants doesn't mean it's always going to be a Goal for the Wings. Also I'm not concerned about Ozzie right now at this point. Once he starts showing his age I think than I will be worried. I think that when it comes to that point he will need to retire. I don't want to see him do what Hasek did; Hasek didn't even need to do what he did. We are all looking at Hossa as the big let down here, yes he didn't produce in the playoffs but a lot of players didn't produce in the playoffs or in the Finals. Pittsburgh's D was WAY BETTER than it was last year and eliminated a lot of our top goal scores from even touching the puck. Maybe Hossa thought that the rest of the team was going to be able to carry him to the Cup, I don't know if I believe that or not but I don't think we need to kick him out just yet. I know we are all analyzing this team like crazy right now becasue we lost the Cup but give it another week or two to settle in and let's get back to really thinking about what can be done and what should be done. No matter what we say it's up to the Wings organzation to make the moves and hopefully they will be the right moves, I don't know. Let's just stop all of this for a little bit sit down think about everything and let the fact that the Pens won simmer for a bit than come back refershed and with a clear head.

#43 VM1138

VM1138

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,611 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:09 PM

QUOTE (REDWINGSFTW @ June 14, 2009 - 10:11AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
I know osgood was clutch in everything, but at any moment he can let in a goal.
Get a big solid goalie, say khabibulin.

I dunno im just thinking this.

Also try to ink mike cammalari to a one year deal, or a high caliber player looking to win a cup.

Hossa is good, but he was way to soft, he has a pretty big frame compared to other guys and he kept peeling off , and just holding the puck not making plays.

We need a instant goal scorer in time where we can not get anything going. Someone who can take pavel datyuks passes and make the most of them, hossa is more of a play maker than a goal scorer in my opinion, and he didn't produce.

We need a goal scorer, to stick on pavel datyuks line.

Is this supposed to be a joke? Khabibulin over Osgood? Cammaleri over Hossa? Wow.

Check out my short e-book on the Red Wings' 1937 Stanley Cup championship entitled: "Nothing Could Keep 'Em Down." Please download it from my profile at Smashwords: https://www.smashwor...ile/view/victor

New e-book: The Spanish-American War: A Brief History. Relatively short, introductory read for casual history buffs and people who want to learn more about a forgotten war that changed America. Available at BN.com, Smashwords, Kobo, and Diesel E-Books right now. Same link as above.

#44 OsGOD

OsGOD

Legend

• Bronze Booster
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:14 PM

laugh.gif big SOLID goalie... Khabibulin laugh.gif laugh.gif

Just one chance is all i ever wanted...just one time i'd like to win the game...from now on i'll take the chance if i can have it...just one just one

#45 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:17 PM

As already mentioned, Ozzie would have won the Conn Smythe if we won the Cup. He's going to retire a Wing, get used to him in there.
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#46 Hockeytown_Ryan

Hockeytown_Ryan

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,806 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:18 PM

QUOTE (VM1138 @ June 14, 2009 - 08:09PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Is this supposed to be a joke? Khabibulin over Osgood? Cammaleri over Hossa? Wow.

No people actually think that and call them selves Fans.....

QUOTE (OsGOD @ June 14, 2009 - 08:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

No s***........ Khabi????..Lets go after Joseph again.......

#47 Barrie

Barrie

Legend

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,945 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:19 PM

QUOTE (OsGOD @ June 14, 2009 - 07:14PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

yea that made me laugh too!
Lets Go:
Red Wings
Tigers
Roughriders
Lions
Spartans
Pistons

#48 Electrophile

Electrophile

Ipsa scientia potestas est.

• Silver Booster
  • 9,390 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 07:23 PM

Hey, maybe we can snag the Kotex Kid. Maybe then some of you will lay of Ozzie's jock.

electrophilewingsfloyd.jpg

"People assume that time is a strict progression of cause to effect, but *actually* from a non-linear, non-subjective viewpoint - it's more like a big ball of wibbly wobbly... time-y wimey... stuff."  -- The Doctor

#49 drfnr14

drfnr14

OZZY, WITH THE SAVE!!!!!!

• Bronze Booster
  • 548 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 08:41 PM

ohhhhhhhhhh mna another ozzy talk!

listen plane and simple-- ozzy is a wing man, he is our teams man. at this time and point its all ozzy, and no one eles!!!!

game 5 vs. chi is all i need to say keep him on the team!
he always gives our team a chance to win!

#50 Casey

Casey

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,759 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:28 PM

QUOTE (drfnr14 @ June 14, 2009 - 09:41PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
ohhhhhhhhhh mna another ozzy talk!

listen plane and simple-- ozzy is a wing man, he is our teams man. at this time and point its all ozzy, and no one eles!!!!

game 5 vs. chi is all i need to say keep him on the team!
he always gives our team a chance to win!

He gave them two chances to win the Cup. The offense didn't respond.

Posted Image
Ceterum autem censeo, Hudler esse delendam.

#51 Z and D for the C

Z and D for the C

This is the TBL forum, right?

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,035 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (Booster313 @ June 14, 2009 - 04:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
The emergence of Ericsson and the great play of Lilja this season make me believe that the Brad Stuart signing wasn't prudent one. I am not basing that decision on the poor game 7. He just suddenly seems expendable. I dunno maybe I am wrong to think so.

Agreed. I just don't think we need both of Stuart and Kronwall, but I'd much arther have kronwall. I wouldn't mind seeing stuart traded at all, though it wouldn't be the "honorable" move. I'm sure he'd be dissapointed.

Just cause you look like the gimp don't mean you play like the gimp!

#52 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:30 PM

QUOTE (hurtingwingsfan @ June 14, 2009 - 10:17AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
yah this is briliant get rid of Ozzzie who would have won the Conn smythe if we had won for Khabibulin who looks like aside from his cup win with Tampa has been a s***ty playoff goaltender especilly this playoff come on put down the pipe

This and the fact that Osgood doesn't count much against the cap.

#53 WingsForever

WingsForever

Prospect

• 48 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:34 PM

smile.gif I agree. We need to trade the WINNING goalie of the Chicago/Detroit series for the LOSING goalie.

While we're shaking up the rosters here, lets trade Kenny for this guy. He knows how to build a competitive team every year. Trade the winners away for the losers!

However, I agree we needed a stronger play-off presence from SOMEONE on our team. However, as we now know, just because Hossa was good two years ago, and sucked this year, he may be on fire next year. It's an intangible thing this play-off hockey.

But still. Osgood for Hole-in-bulin?

#54 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:39 PM

QUOTE (Hockeymom1960 @ June 14, 2009 - 11:03AM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Ozzie is playing great, now. But we definitely need to be looking to the future for our goaltending needs. Sorry but Howard isn't the one and McCollum is not ready, neither is Larsson.

Of course they are not ready to take this team to the Stanley Cup, but how many goalies out there really are. The Wings eventually have to get a young goalie that they can ride for a while. Osgood was the first repeat Stanley Cup winning goalie that we have really had. Think about that. First Cup was Vernon, second was Osgood, third Hasek, fourth Osgood. You can't continuously rotate goalies in like that. The only way these young guys can show their worth is consistent time at the NHL level. They have to earn that chance, but we can't pass judgment on them, until they get their chance. Look at how many players the Wings would have traded away if Letgowings ran the team.

#55 CenterIce

CenterIce

1st Line All-Star

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,989 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:44 PM

QUOTE (Booster313 @ June 14, 2009 - 04:34PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>

I don't think Lilja or Ericsson are top four material, yet. And I am not understanding how people are highlighting a couple of plays over a number of times in the last two playoffs where Stuart has more than shown his worth.

#56 DMAC 25

DMAC 25

2nd Line Scorer

• PipPipPip
  • 508 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:46 PM

I dunno im just thinking this.

Also try to ink mike cammalari to a one year deal, or a high caliber player looking to win a cup.

Hossa is good, but he was way to soft, he has a pretty big frame compared to other guys and he kept peeling off , and just holding the puck not making plays.

We need a instant goal scorer in time where we can not get anything going. Someone who can take pavel datyuks passes and make the most of them, hossa is more of a play maker than a goal scorer in my opinion, and he didn't produce.

We need a goal scorer, to stick on pavel datyuks line.

didnt we own him in the conference finals?

#57 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 09:48 PM

QUOTE (Hockeymom1960 @ June 14, 2009 - 02:31PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Start punching rolleyes.gif

***** WARNING *****
***Some may find offensive***

Sometimes, not all the time, but sometimes women are the worst Red Wings fans. I have met some truly good solid fans with real knowledge, rarely, but I have met them.
You seem to be the opposite.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#58 IceMunkee

IceMunkee

Gangster-ish

• HoF Booster
  • 1,261 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:07 PM

Wow! I cannot even believe I am reading this. Stuart and Kronwall expendable. One bad game and bam! Off with thier heads. Stuart was great all season until gm7, and KRONIC? KRONIC? Wow... I wonder if you were in the other thread saying we were'nt tough enough??? If so, man your messed in the head.

I get your angry at Stu, but KRONIC?!?!?!?!?!

Why don't we just blow up the entire team. Let's start from scratch! Cause going to the finals twof****** years in a row is not good enough for the f*cking fans in Detroit. EVERYONE offf with your HEADS!!! Osgood you only always played great!!! BUT YOU LET IN A GOAL!!! Off with your HEAD! Get f*cking Khabibulin?!?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! Your a f*cking idiot, stupidest person alive! OMG!!! Hossa, the guy who had slow production post season but 40 goals in the regular season. OFF with your HEAD!!!!! F*ck it. Fire Babcock to cause he was concerned about match ups! F*CK FIRE HOLLAND... We neede a F*CKING GOON!!!

Seriously I have been feeling like sh*t for two days. Debating this and that. Reading silly post, responding all night, having decent discussions, getting ranted by A Pittsburg fan that thinks Leadership is spelt C-R-O-S-B-Y. You should all be ashamed of yourselfs. Your horrible, whinny, barn burning fans. I can'tf****** take it anymore. Ozzy was not good enough. Lids needs less ice time. Datsyuk was horrible. I want Hossa dead. I WOULD HAVE RATHER WATCHED THE WINGS LOSE IN ROUND 2!!!! (these are all things said in the last two days) This most certainly does not apply to all. We have every right to be upset, we have every right to say we may want some changes but some of you are selfish, spoiled, whinny, weak hearted, turn coat fans. If you have a Jersey you should give it away. If you have memorbilia you should burn. I. Just. Can't. take the stupid s*** anymore. Some of you are so dumb and so near sighted it is ridicuous. Again not all of us are like this, but if the shoe fits wear it and go be af****** lions fan at least then you could be ungrateful.
www.thedscene.com
@Gay4Datsyuk
Check It Out!

#59 thedisappearer

thedisappearer

Hall-of-Famer

• Silver Booster
  • 2,194 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:11 PM

QUOTE (IceMunkee @ June 14, 2009 - 10:07PM) <{POST_SNAPBACK}>
Wow! I cannot even believe I am reading this. Stuart and Kronwall expendable. One bad game and bam! Off with thier heads. Stuart was great all season until gm7, and KRONIC? KRONIC? Wow... I wonder if you were in the other thread saying we were'nt tough enough??? If so, man your messed in the head.

I get your angry at Stu, but KRONIC?!?!?!?!?!

Why don't we just blow up the entire team. Let's start from scratch! Cause going to the finals twof****** years in a row is not good enough for the f*cking fans in Detroit. EVERYONE offf with your HEADS!!! Osgood you only always played great!!! BUT YOU LET IN A GOAL!!! Off with your HEAD! Get f*cking Khabibulin?!?!?!?! Seriously?!?!?! Your a f*cking idiot, stupidest person alive! OMG!!! Hossa, the guy who had slow production post season but 40 goals in the regular season. OFF with your HEAD!!!!! F*ck it. Fire Babcock to cause he was concerned about match ups! F*CK FIRE HOLLAND... We neede a F*CKING GOON!!!

Seriously I have been feeling like sh*t for two days. Debating this and that. Reading silly post, responding all night, having decent discussions, getting ranted by A Pittsburg fan that thinks Leadership is spelt C-R-O-S-B-Y. You should all be ashamed of yourselfs. Your horrible, whinny, barn burning fans. I can'tf****** take it anymore. Ozzy was not good enough. Lids needs less ice time. Datsyuk was horrible. I want Hossa dead. I WOULD HAVE RATHER WATCHED THE WINGS LOSE IN ROUND 2!!!! (these are all things said in the last two days) This most certainly does not apply to all. We have every right to be upset, we have every right to say we may want some changes but some of you are selfish, spoiled, whinny, weak hearted, turn coat fans. If you have a Jersey you should give it away. If you have memorbilia you should burn. I. Just. Can't. take the stupid s*** anymore. Some of you are so dumb and so near sighted it is ridicuous. Again not all of us are like this, but if the shoe fits wear it and go be af****** lions fan at least then you could be ungrateful.

But the Red Wings are lazy and suck, right?
*this space for rent*

#60 Yzermania

Yzermania

In it to win it like Yzerman.

• PipPipPipPip
  • 950 posts

Posted 14 June 2009 - 10:21 PM

I'm perfectly fine with 30 and 81.
Though, I will admit that the Oz scared the s*** out of me this season but after these playoffs, I wil never doubt him again. He can suck all he wants through 82 if he plays the 2nd season like he has the last 2 seasons.

As for Hossa, yah he had a rough post season but you know what? There are games this season where we seemed to be down and out and he put the team on his back and changed the game's fate. For me, he is a Red Wing and until that changes, I am happy as hell to have him here and believe that if he re-signs, he will be even better next season/especially playoffs.