• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
reyalp

So I was looking for a new pair of shoes online today...

Rate this topic

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why they chose Crosby of all people to represent the NHL.

He's a diver, whines far too much, and in all honesty, I really don't think he's even that good. Not to say he's a bad player by any means, but Zetterberg completely shut him down for the second year running.

Also, he can't even grow a beard. Come on.

well, its a HUGE deal when a woman can captain a team to a stanley cup! Sindey MAY want to get her upper lip and her chin waxed though...the rat stache on a woman just doesn't look so good.

I think I'm offended that they said "The First one's out of the way"

I mean really, what? Winning the Stanley Cup is not something you "get out of the way." It's a life long, sometimes unrealized, dream. There's no guarentee you're getting one, period.

Agreed. Pretty ridiculous really. But what do you expect from a terrible company like Reebok that shouldn't be associated with hockey in the first place. I guess they are still trying to build their hockey brand and chose Sid to do so just like the NHL, unfortunately.

And your favorite site, Letsgowings.com, is pimping both of their products. Even Wings fans are selling out.

Not that I care either way, but it's just a generic script that pulls keywords from the thread and places a relevant ad on the page from a pool of thousands of ads...

Edited by digitaljohn88

Maybe it's just me, but I don't see why they chose Crosby of all people to represent the NHL.

He's a diver, whines far too much, and in all honesty, I really don't think he's even that good. Not to say he's a bad player by any means, but Zetterberg completely shut him down for the second year running.

Also, he can't even grow a beard. Come on.

ok, time to clear the air here.

sidney crosby is the face of the league because of his youth, relatively good looks (meant that in a manly way) and well spoken demeanor. he is the youngest to win the scoring championship, the youngest to be captain and the youngest captain to win the cup..what you call whining is what EVERY team captain (including yours) in the nhl does when a call goes against him or his team. he advocates for his team to try to get the call reversed or get a call of their own. he has never gone on the air and complained about calls, or players or anything else for that matter.

oh im sure other cities are sick of seeing him due to over exposure, but hate the game, not the player.

The NHL is marketing one of the greatest talents in the past 20 years. Do I sense hate and jealousy because he beat the Wing's? Crosby happens to be one of the top 5 players in the NHL that is North American, have you seen Malkin's or even Datsyuk interviews? Bettman comes from the NBA philosophy where individuals>team, I don't agree with it, but obliviously it works. So go ahead and continue to bash something that you have no control over, only wasting your breath. The marketing plan doesn't have much to do if anything with the actual game it self, so it's your loss if it 'ruins' it for you.

No jealosy at all. I actually feel a litte sorry for Crosby at times because he is letting himself be an NHL/Reebok marketing pawn. Meanwhile, the rest of his team is in his shadow. How many goals did Crosby score the entire SCF? One, and not even in the pivotal game 7. This can only breed resentment amongst his peers. If anything, they should have the team photo on the Reebok site, not Cindy's.

In the NBA, the it may be true that the individual > team. But this is hockey, and in the NHL it has been proven time and again that team > any individual effort. That is why the Red Wings are so successful.