• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

YoungGuns1340

What do you do?

Rate this topic

One key problem with the premise of this thread: No way in hell (yes, I'll say it again, No way in hell) we lose Hudler AND Hossa.

Either we find a miracle way to keep both or one of them is gone and the other stays. There is absolutely no way Holland let's both walk and ends up behind the 8 ball.

I don't think its that impossible that neither Hudler nor Hossa end up here next year. Hossa chases after his longterm high price salary somewhere that can actually afford us (relatively likely), and Hudler gets an offer from another team that the Wings can't match, or would be stupid to match (ala Dustin Penner).

I followed your guidelines, then I...

Trade Lebda for a late round pick.

Sign Mike Komisarek

Sign Chad LaRose

Re-Sign Tomas Kopecky

Re-Sign Ville Leino

2009-2010 Detroit Red Wings

FORWARDS

Pavel Datsyuk $6,700,000

Henrik Zetterberg $6,083,333

Johan Franzen $3,954,545

Valtteri Filppula $3,000,000

Daniel Cleary $2,800,000

Tomas Holmstrom $2,250,000

Kris Draper $1,583,333

Chad LaRose $1,400,000

Ville Leino $900,000

Kirk Maltby $883,333

Darren Helm $599,444

Tomas Kopecky $500,000

DEFENSEMEN

Nicklas Lidstrom $7,450,000

Brian Rafalaski $6,000,000

Brad Stuart $3,750,000

Niklas Kronwall $3,000,000

Mike Komisarek $2,400,000

Jonathan Ericsson $900,000

Derek Meech $483,333

GOALTENDERS

Chris Osgood $1,416,666

Jimmy Howard $716,666

CAPGEEK.COM TOTALS (including bonuses)

ROSTER SIZE 21

SALARY CAP $57,000,000

PAYROLL $56,770,653

This is not realistic. Only 21 players? What do you do if there is an injury? A player's salary still counts unless you put them on IR which requires them to miss at least two weeks if I'm not mistaken. So Zetterberg gets the flu and would usually only be out one game but he has to miss 6 or we play with only 11 forwards.

One key problem with the premise of this thread: No way in hell (yes, I'll say it again, No way in hell) we lose Hudler AND Hossa.

Either we find a miracle way to keep both or one of them is gone and the other stays. There is absolutely no way Holland let's both walk and ends up behind the 8 ball.

I agree..the formula is pretty simple, if Hossa walks then Huds and Sammy are staying...if Hossa stays Huds and Sammy are gone. This place has become the random lineup generator. We were one game away from winning the Stanley Cup and we played with a ton of injuries to key players. No drastic changes should or will be made. There are other variables leading into these decisions also...we dont even know what the cap is going to be, we have no idea if any guys on this team may decide to retire all of a sudden. I keep hearing all these random names getting thrown around when people seem to forget that we have 3-5 guys of our own that are ready to be full time NHL'ers (Helm, Abdelkader,Ericson, Leino) . Not one of these guys has even played a full season in the NHl but by all accounts they are all ready. I would much rather give guys a shot that have developed in our system and have played some time with the big club then shake up the random name generator. I think we should all get used to the fact that we are going to see a very similar team to the one we used in the playoffs with Helm, Abs, Leino and Ericcson playing for the big squad for most if not all of next season. The D is pretty much set and the forwards all depend on the outcome of the Hossa situation !!

Theres this little thing called arbitration that might not be too friendly to the wings this time around..Hudler could easily get more than the Wings could manage through arbitration, which I definitely wouldnt be surprised to see him file for, and the obvious reason with Hossa...

Guest Hatethedrake!

Zetterberg-Datsyuk-Holmstrom

Franzen-Filppula-Cleary

Abdelkader-Helm-Leino

Maltby-Draper-UFA

Kopecky

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Lilja-Ericsson

Lebda-Meech

Osgood-Howard

By the numbers it looks like the Wings will have around 800 -850k to sign another forward.

My first order of business would be to ask Ralfaski if he would waive his NTC, hope they cover half the salary and sign Bouwmeester around $4.5. Not gonna happen but boy did I get excited thinking about it.

*edit* Call me crazy but I would also contact Bertuzzi to see if he would sign for beans. It would be nice to have his body against the Ducks...

Edited by dallas27