• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Redwingsfan18

Kopecky signs with the Blackhawks

Rate this topic

Kopy has potential to be worth that money. He showed glimpses of it towards the end of this season.

I'm sure this helped Hossa's decision. He knew the Wings couldn't keep Kopy, but the Hawks said they'd sign him as well.

This feels a bit strange. Gonna be weird playing against both of them a ton of times next season.

That I agree with. If he strings his best patches together more often then he could definitely be worth 1.2 per season. However it wasn't worth the Wings trying to match that number, we realistically had about 750k at the max.

I now see why he said he was hoping for significantly more.

Looks like Chicago Blackhawks wants to be the Red Wings ugly red-headed step brother who can't do anything right...

I am glad Hossa and Kops is gone. Wings will be that much better in the long run. I was hoping that Holland wouldn't give Hossa a long term deal.

Yeah, LGW > Scotty Bowman when it comes to putting together a hockey team.

Oh wait...

I'm no Kopecky fan, but I fear and respect Bowman and he's in the thick of this Chicago madness. Out of respect, I trust that he knows what he's doing.

And that scares me.

Yeah, because Bowman is the GM and has to answer to the Blackhawks onwer. :rolleyes:

Bowman was on the team when they signed Campbell and Huet. Some great trick he had up his sleeve then.

I love all the people imploding about how Detroit won't be any good this year. They lose the only 2 guys who werent on the cup-winning roster, and the two most complained about forwards on the roster in Kopecky and Sammy.

And yet, somehow, we're no longer contenders. Love it.

Guest Shoreline
I love all the people imploding about how Detroit won't be any good this year. They lose the only 2 guys who werent on the cup-winning roster, and the two most complained about forwards on the roster in Kopecky and Sammy.

PANIC PANIC PANIC

they have have him!

he sucks!

so this all but promises that Helm will be a full time Red Wing next season, and im all for that.

Agreed!

I love it. All that does is make the guys hungrier. Losing game 7 on home ice and now people saying the team is done because Hossa is gone. There couldn't be better motivation for the Red Wings going into next season. I am beyond excited to see the level of revenge and determination the Red Wings will have with the way guys like Z, Cleary, Lidstrom, and Ozzie compete.

They should be bitter. Hopefully that translates into a stronger, more focused Red Wings team.