• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
Donaldjr2448

Are Teams Overpaying for UFA's?

Rate this topic

Does anyone else think that teams are overpaying for UFA's today???

I am kind of happy that the Wings are not just signing someone just to sign someone! It shows that the Wings want to win for years to come, not just next year!

The Chicago Blackhawks look like the team to beat on paper, but what will happen if they receive just one or two injuries! We all seen what happened when Havlat got injured on the forst game of the season a couple of years ago; that injury alone ended their season. Worst case, what if Hossa (God for Bid) sufferes a career ending injury??

I don't like these 10 to 12 year deals these guys are getting! Teams that ared doing this are locking themselves into something that will have a long term effect on their organizations! The reason I like what the Wings have done, is they have offered guys that have been with the organization since they were drafted: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom. These guys have gotten the big deals, but I feel they have done their part not only for the team but the organization. I just don't understand how a team can offer a player a long term deal when the player has never had any ties to the team!

Also, there are guys that are getting stupid deals today: Gaborik with the Rangers!! 7.5 per year!! ARE YOU CRAZY!!! The guy hasn't played a full season in almost 3 years!!! WTF!!!

How about Steve Sullivan, 3.75 per year for 2 years!!! WTF!!! This guy hasn't played a full season in almost three years!!!

Chris Neil 2 million a year for 4 years!! WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much!! How about our old buddy Khabibulin! 3.75 million for 4 years, I still think that is high for a ok goaltender!! I know he has win a Cup, but lets face it, he is not the same goalie that he use to be!

Now that we all know that Havlat is going to Minny, I can only think he will sign a deal like Hossa or Gaborik!

I personally think this league is getting watered down. The Cap has made this league a joke, your seeing guys sign deals that are crazy and then in a couple of years they opt out and head back home, why??? because they can make more money in Russia or Europe somewhere!!

Maybe I'm just crazy, but this free agent crap is getting old fast!!

I guess it gets frustrating watching some of these guys getting crazy deals like Kopecky!! We all know that Kopy is NOT worth 2.4 million a year!! In fact I don't think he belongs in GR!!

I'm just glad Kenny H doesn't play these UFA games that the other teams do!

Does anyone else think that teams are overpaying for UFA's today???

I am kind of happy that the Wings are not just signing someone just to sign someone! It shows that the Wings want to win for years to come, not just next year!

The Chicago Blackhawks look like the team to beat on paper, but what will happen if they receive just one or two injuries! We all seen what happened when Havlat got injured on the forst game of the season a couple of years ago; that injury alone ended their season. Worst case, what if Hossa (God for Bid) sufferes a career ending injury??

I don't like these 10 to 12 year deals these guys are getting! Teams that ared doing this are locking themselves into something that will have a long term effect on their organizations! The reason I like what the Wings have done, is they have offered guys that have been with the organization since they were drafted: Zetterberg, Datsyuk, Franzen, Lidstrom. These guys have gotten the big deals, but I feel they have done their part not only for the team but the organization. I just don't understand how a team can offer a player a long term deal when the player has never had any ties to the team!

Also, there are guys that are getting stupid deals today: Gaborik with the Rangers!! 7.5 per year!! ARE YOU CRAZY!!! The guy hasn't played a full season in almost 3 years!!! WTF!!!

How about Steve Sullivan, 3.75 per year for 2 years!!! WTF!!! This guy hasn't played a full season in almost three years!!!

Chris Neil 2 million a year for 4 years!! WAAAAAAAAAYYYYY too much!! How about our old buddy Khabibulin! 3.75 million for 4 years, I still think that is high for a ok goaltender!! I know he has win a Cup, but lets face it, he is not the same goalie that he use to be!

Now that we all know that Havlat is going to Minny, I can only think he will sign a deal like Hossa or Gaborik!

I personally think this league is getting watered down. The Cap has made this league a joke, your seeing guys sign deals that are crazy and then in a couple of years they opt out and head back home, why??? because they can make more money in Russia or Europe somewhere!!

Maybe I'm just crazy, but this free agent crap is getting old fast!!

All of these deals are ridiculous. it all started with the Sedin twisn this year. When Vancouver gave a 22 goals scorer 6 million i knew we were in for a ride. I dont know if we are just used to discounts here in Detroit, but this years signings are all just so over payed. Some may say thats its just because its july 1st, but damn alot of names are gone for july 1st so im thinking this is how its going to be and we just have to get used to it. Maybe some players arent willing to take a pay cut or a discount to play for a winning team. Maybe it really is all about the benjamins...

I guess it gets frustrating watching some of these guys getting crazy deals like Kopecky!! We all know that Kopy is NOT worth 2.4 million a year!! In fact I don't think he belongs in GR!!

I'm just glad Kenny H doesn't play these UFA games that the other teams do!

Its only 1.2 per year, but its still an overpayment.....

Yep, they're overpaying purely based on psychology, and the increase in contract $$$ has little to do with the actual value of the players. The unfortunate thing is that teams are really going to be hurting when the cap shrinks.

All I can say is, I'm glad Kenny Holland doesn't play the whole July 1st game. And the Wings are much better for it.

On that note, is anyone surprised that Sammy hasn't gone yet? Seems like if he didn't get a better offer today, odds go down that he will get a high amount in the coming days.