• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Detroit # 1 Fan

Chicago Screws Up, merged

Rate this topic

If that's true, It would be a 100% ****** move to sign any of those guys...............and I think It would be FREAKING HILARIOUS!!! :lol:

They'd do it to Detroit. Turnabout is fair play.

Maybe not all 4. But, here is who I'd say from #1-4 in terms of priorities.

#1 Cam Barker- can't just rely on Keith and Seabrook. Besides, maybe Hjalmarsson is just promise, but won't be as good as we thought.

#2 Kris Versteeg- good scorer, but we have that. He certainly made his rookie mistakes in the WCF.

#3 Ben Eager- never hurts to have a goon.

#4 Troy Brouwer- nice rookie campaign, good 4th line player, but he's not better than the other 3.

I'd rank them the same way. It's tempting to put Versteeg first (and if this was about stealing these guys from you for the Wings, I would), but Barker is just so important to your team.

Actually if I'm Ken Holland, I would want Barker because of the aging Lidstrom issue, and how young Barker is.

If we could keep all 4? Brilliant. If we could keep 1? Make it Barker. But only Barker and Versteeg would truly affect us imo.

Yeah, reading the story, it doesn't seem like anything too drastic would come of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were fined in some way, but I have a hard time seeing those kids go UFA over it.

Still... a pretty amateur move by whoever was in charge of this paperwork.

Yeah, reading the story, it doesn't seem like anything too drastic would come of it. I wouldn't be surprised if they were fined in some way, but I have a hard time seeing those kids go UFA over it.

Still... a pretty amateur move by whoever was in charge of this paperwork.

I don't think that guy is going to be in charge of anything for quite a while.

Sounds like this is the same as what happened to New Jersey in 2000. Raffy and John Madden, got HUGE deals because the Devils screwed up their notifications.

I'll be interested to see if this is another instance where the NHL turns a blind eye, or if they enforce the letter of the law...as unfortunate as it may be.

Actually if I'm Ken Holland, I would want Barker because of the aging Lidstrom issue, and how young Barker is.

If we could keep all 4? Brilliant. If we could keep 1? Make it Barker. But only Barker and Versteeg would truly affect us imo.

Barker isn't the caliber of Defensmen that I hope Holland is looking for. Barker wouldn't even crack our top 4 d-men, not to mention our 5th and 6th is pretty damn solid too... Not sure if he's the upgrade we'd be looking for. Unless he is willing to sign for dirt cheap for his chance to win the cup, then we might take him and move up Kronwall in place of Lidstrom. Next year the Red Wings is going to have a lot of free money for July 1st.

The player that Chi-town has that I'd really like to see wear a Wings jersey is Sharp, and he'll probably be traded off your roster soon...

Barker isn't the caliber of Defensmen that I hope Holland is looking for. Barker wouldn't even crack our top 4 d-men, not to mention our 5th and 6th is pretty damn solid too... Not sure if he's the upgrade we'd be looking for. Unless he is willing to sign for dirt cheap for his chance to win the cup, then we might take him and move up Kronwall in place of Lidstrom. Next year the Red Wings is going to have a lot of free money for July 1st.

The player that Chi-town has that I'd really like to see wear a Wings jersey is Sharp, and he'll probably be traded off your roster soon...

... Have you seen Barker play? He's better then Kronwall, Stuart, Ericsson, Lilja, Lebda and Meech. So yeah, he'd easily crack our top 4.

Dale would be nuts to trade Sharpie. His contract is through 2012. One of our best players when healthy, and I don't see being moved. The only way he'll be donning the Wined Wheel is after his contract is up. Tallon would be the dumbest GM ever trading one of his best players to the archenemy- especially when the rivalry is coming back. The mistake was jumping on Huet when Khabby had a year left. Now if Huet goes we have the unproven tandem of Crawford and Niemi. Campbell was overpriced, but Huet hurts more.

I'd rank them the same way. It's tempting to put Versteeg first (and if this was about stealing these guys from you for the Wings, I would), but Barker is just so important to your team.

agree, versteeg in front of barker. versteeg has great hockey sense, skill, and willing to get dirty. barker is ok.

In your opinion yes.

In mine: He'd look God Awful.

i have to agree with you, frankly. he'd look awful in the winged wheel. let him stay in chicago...'s penalty box.

heck, let him go play for the ducks. with his ability to take stupid penalties for retaliatory practices, he might make captain!

Edited by deetroit dario

I think the biggest problem with the Hawks is behind the bench! He is the reason they mentally melted down in the Playoffs.. Seen him do it a TON.. With St. Louis he was a mental nightmare, the guy can't handle losing. He has had good clubs before and can't get over the hump... In my eyes there will be no Cup in Chicago unless they get a coach that can, well, coach.. Let the tirade begin, just saying in my own opinion, Joel is a TERRIBLE coach.... Sorry Hawks fans, just sayin

I think the biggest problem with the Hawks is behind the bench! He is the reason they mentally melted down in the Playoffs.. Seen him do it a TON.. With St. Louis he was a mental nightmare, the guy can't handle losing. He has had good clubs before and can't get over the hump... In my eyes there will be no Cup in Chicago unless they get a coach that can, well, coach.. Let the tirade begin, just saying in my own opinion, Joel is a TERRIBLE coach.... Sorry Hawks fans, just sayin

That's fine. Joel has never gotten past the Western Conference Finals, but I think that if Mike Keenan could do it, Q could do it as well.

Not to mention, he should've won the Jack Adams award this year. Stupid east coast bias. He could at least have gotten a nomination.

Edited by HawksFan4Life

From TSN

According to both the NHL and the NHLPA, the investigation into how and why the Chicago Blackhawks bungled a number of their qualifying offers is ongoing.

Neither side will comment, however since this story broke Friday evening on TSN.ca, interest into how the league and players association will respond is significant.

If the NHL grants leniency and attempts to sweep this issue away, it's expected the NHLPA will swiftly file a grievance and the matter will go to a hearing.

Sources with hands on knowledge of how qualifying offers have to be filed say as innocent as this mistake may have been, there is no excuse for it, and the league should follow through with the ultimate penalty and declare all players who didn't received proper notification, unrestricted free agents.