• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
wings-fan for life

It might be a stretch but...

Rate this topic

Jonathon Toews and Pat Kane are both RFA's at the end of this coming season, and does anyone here think it would be incredible, or even possible for the Wings to sign Kane in the off season this coming year? With the $5 million plus they are paying Hossa, plus all the extra they will have to pay Toews, who won't leave as he's the Captain, and what they pay Huet, I can't see them paying for Kane too unless he takes one heck of a paycut. Duncan Keith, also a RFA I would guess would like to stay if he can, but he'll want a nice raise too.

We could have some extra space if we let some of the older guys go (Maltby, Draper, and who knows how the cap will move for next year?)

Thoughts?

Jonathon Toews and Pat Kane are both RFA's at the end of this coming season, and does anyone here think it would be incredible, or even possible for the Wings to sign Kane in the off season this coming year? With the $5 million plus they are paying Hossa, plus all the extra they will have to pay Toews, who won't leave as he's the Captain, and what they pay Huet, I can't see them paying for Kane too unless he takes one heck of a paycut. Duncan Keith, also a RFA I would guess would like to stay if he can, but he'll want a nice raise too.

We could have some extra space if we let some of the older guys go (Maltby, Draper, and who knows how the cap will move for next year?)

Thoughts?

If the Hawks keep just one of the three, Tallon would be insane to let Tazer walk. As for Kaner, you'd have to offer him a pretty penny to get him to sign. I read that he learned how to hate Detroit and rooted against them when he was there playing junior hockey.

Edited by HawksFan4Life

If the Hawks keep just one of the three, Tallon would be insane to let Tazer walk. As for Kaner, you'd have to offer him a pretty penny to get him to sign. I read that he learned how to hate Detroit and rooted against them when he was there playing junior hockey.

Chelios said he would flat out never play for Detroit.

Kane would come around once he realized the advantages of being a Wing.

As an RFA, we'd have to offer him a pretty ridiculous amount in order to prevent Chicago from simPly matching our offer sheet. And if we did offer that large a salary, Chicago could just decide to let Kane walk and get a bunch of our draft picks as compesation...

Thoughts?

Homer and Malts will likely be done, but Drapes has another year left after that. He will not retire before that because he was over 35 when he signed, so he counts against the cap whether he is playing, bought out, retires, gets sent down....whatever. It would be foolish to empty an extra space since we are paying for him. Even if he is the guy in the press box awaiting injury replacement, we will still have him.

As far as Kane goes, I do like him. I don't see him coming here. Tallon said that they have thought about how to sign their big 3 (Kane, Toewes, Keith) and that they will be able to. I am laughing at him, but usually when I laugh at people, they find a way to prove me wrong, so he may well have something up his sleeve.

If Chicago isn't able to sign Kane he might want to go to a team that is able to pay him more than Red Wings. Even with possible retirements and Lidström possibly getting a new smaller contract Wings won't have much space. The salary cap will drop and the retired players need to be replaced and they don't have big contracts anyway.

Homer and Malts will likely be done, but Drapes has another year left after that. He will not retire before that because he was over 35 when he signed, so he counts against the cap whether he is playing, bought out, retires, gets sent down....whatever. It would be foolish to empty an extra space since we are paying for him. Even if he is the guy in the press box awaiting injury replacement, we will still have him.

As far as Kane goes, I do like him. I don't see him coming here. Tallon said that they have thought about how to sign their big 3 (Kane, Toewes, Keith) and that they will be able to. I am laughing at him, but usually when I laugh at people, they find a way to prove me wrong, so he may well have something up his sleeve

Someone lacks common sense if he says that and still doesn't follow through. What we have here in Chicago, is either a complete genius or complete moron.

As an RFA, we'd have to offer him a pretty ridiculous amount in order to prevent Chicago from simPly matching our offer sheet. And if we did offer that large a salary, Chicago could just decide to let Kane walk and get a bunch of our draft picks as compesation...

may be a bad idea considering they'd prolly be getting the 28th, 29th or 30th in each round! :lol:

HawksFan4Life Posted Today, 09:31 PM

I am well aware of what Chelios said. But Kane is not Chelios. Sure, maybe he will play for you guys one day, but I can imagine that he will be rolling in the dough in signing with you guys.

Awww, poor little Hawks fan still upset tht Chelios had more suces here in the D? Awww, no way Kane would ever go play with the big bad Wings! I would just hate them if the took Kane from us, and we would boo him! Yeah, we'd boo him! that would teach him a lesson! He would never go pay there cause no matter how many cups he'd win, we'd boo him! and little kaner is so sensative, he would go sit on the bench and feel shame, and ask uncle Gary if he can go back and play with the good boys, he tired of wnning and being boo'd. We'll boo him! That'll get him! Even if we trade him away, we'll boo him! Nobody can chnage his diaper but us, we're hawks fans and we haven't won since 1961! He's ours and we'll boo him and yell at him and and and boo him!

I am glad you CAN imagine him rolling in the dough with us, but realistically, we could not afford to pay another forward $6-$7 million (or more) per season, we're about depth, we're not about losing the likes of Datsyuk or Zetterberg for your litte Kaney Waney, you can lose him to Phoenix or Florida or St. Louis...

may be a bad idea considering they'd prolly be getting the 28th, 29th or 30th in each round! :lol:

Awww, poor little Hawks fan still upset tht Chelios had more suces here in the D? Awww, no way Kane would ever go play with the big bad Wings! I would just hate them if the took Kane from us, and we would boo him! Yeah, we'd boo him! that would teach him a lesson! He would never go pay there cause no matter how many cups he'd win, we'd boo him! and little kaner is so sensative, he would go sit on the bench and feel shame, and ask uncle Gary if he can go back and play with the good boys, he tired of wnning and being boo'd. We'll boo him! That'll get him! Even if we trade him away, we'll boo him! Nobody can chnage his diaper but us, we're hawks fans and we haven't won since 1961! He's ours and we'll boo him and yell at him and and and boo him!

I am glad you CAN imagine him rolling in the dough with us, but realistically, we could not afford to pay another forward $6-$7 million (or more) per season, we're about depth, we're not about losing the likes of Datsyuk or Zetterberg for your litte Kaney Waney, you can lose him to Phoenix or Florida or St. Louis...

Uhhh, no not really. I'm not jealous of Chelios at all. We don't boo Kane. We treat him like an icon here. Him and Toews are larger than life here. Fans boo their hometown team. It happens cause they're frustrated. As for not winning since 1961, I like those chances to change. You never know, but I am more optimistic than pessimistic.

Phoenix, Florida = Lmao.

St. Louis would be the only team out of those three I would actually view as a possible emerging threat.

This thread is hilarious. Wings will not be in the market for a tiny goal scorer.... we'll need a defenseman that can be solid enough to fill Lidstrom's spot (assuming he retires), if Lids does stay another year, I think we'll only be in the market for a 2nd line winger and, perhaps a a tough forechecker/backchecker with a long reach and can score. Who? I don't know.

Though, I wouldn't mind seeing Sharp come here, I think he's a great addition for playoff hockey.

Uhhh, no not really. I'm not jealous of Chelios at all. We don't boo Kane. We treat him like an icon here. Him and Toews are larger than life here. Fans boo their hometown team. It happens cause they're frustrated. As for not winning since 1961, I like those chances to change. You never know, but I am more optimistic than pessimistic.

Phoenix, Florida = Lmao.

St. Louis would be the only team out of those three I would actually view as a possible emerging threat.

I would like to see "HawksFan4Life" win an argument here.

:rotflmao:

Plus I bet Florida and Phoenix have a better chance at the cup this year than the Hawks. Ok maybe that's a little far fetched. But I still don't get how adding Kopecky and Hossa will make them emerge? What will Hossa's 40 goals in a season do? Let them make playoffs and then choke big time? And Kopecky? What do they see in him? A whole 6 goals a year!!!!! Wow! get out! Their gonna be good next year with him! And if they think he is a grinder they are mistaken. First of all did you see the fight in the 2nd round vs Ducks defencemen Beauchemin. And how slow he is? He is also a penalty risk. He is so slow by the time he decides to be a grinder and go check someone he is to late they either scored, gave the puck up, or the game is over.

jajajajaj

whatever. they will find out this season.

Nick Lidstrom get extended when I did not hear about it? His contract is done after this season... Maybe Nick comes back, but maybe he retires... Thats a lot of jack in cap space if he retires... Also if he does come back do not be shocked if he takes a low contract (by low I mean 3 million or so for a season) to free up cap space for 1 more run... there are 3 things that could happen and 2 of them open up serious cap space...

I read that masturbation makes you go blind... :scared:

Dude, get with the verbage! he is not going to say to a Hawks friendly newspaper (who are mostly always anti-Detroit anything) "Oh when I played in my pajamas I just loved rooting for the Red Wings! I hated the Hawks they stunk when I was 16..." I can guarantee, if a Detroit news paper interviewed him, he would say how he enjed his time here and rspected the City and the hospitality his"Hockey Family" showed him and the times he spent down at the Joe you now he went to watch a game or 10) He throughly enjoyed himself and loved wtching the likes of Steve Yzerman and Nick Lidstrom play... He only "Hates" the Wings now because that is the cool thing to do in Chicago, if you don't hate detroit, then get out! And when you come back, we'll Boo You!

Phoenix, Florida = Lmao.

Hmmmm, how long have you been a Hawks fan? For life? So you knew about a little Icon you had prior to the 199 trade deadlie right? If no, his name was Chris Chelios, he wore #7, he was your Captain, he has all kinds of records (or did) for the Hawks, he was born in Chicago, his parents still live there (btw, real classy to boo them too.) Yeah, I would say Chicago treated him as an Icon as well. Probably more than they'll ever treat Kane (unless he stays around 9 or so years, then he might hit Chelios status.)

As far as "emerging Threats" Hmmmmmm, first you say we cannot pay him enough to get him here, now you say LMAO to Phoenix and Florida, and insinuate that he would go o St. Louis because they are an emerging threat. Make up your mind, is he going to get paid or win? If he's all about the Cash, he'll go ANYWHERE to get paid, even Phoenix if they paying. If he wants to win, he will consider his best options and compile a list to give to his agent with about 5 or 6 teams he'd go to. ANd like most, if not ALL players "lists" Detroit will be on there. If you doubt, just go back a look at Dany Heatly's little list to for an appetizer.... Thanks for playing....

Thoughts?

Guys,

What if Spezza dies and Heatley and Alfy are so depressed they demand a trade and the wings trade for him and then Hossa gets released and we pick him up.

And Ovechkin is traded to us by the CAPS for Hudler and Leino?

________________________________________________________________________________

Ok but seriously I think the Hawks will find some way to re-sign Toews and Kane. They are two very good young forwards. Tallon also said he had a plan. I hope the plan involves giving up Sharp. We will take him off your hand for you. Plus I don't think Holland would mind picking up Sharp from Tallon as pay back for picking up Hoss and Kopecky.

Edited by Jeff M

Guys,

What if Spezza dies and Heatley and Alfy are so depressed they demand a trade and the wings trade for him and then Hossa gets released and we pick him up.

And Ovechkin is traded to us by the CAPS for Hudler and Leino?

________________________________________________________________________________

Ok but seriously I think the Hawks will find some way to re-sign Toews and Kane. They are two very good young forwards. Tallon also said he had a plan. I hope the plan involves giving up Sharp. We will take him off your hand for you. Plus I don't think Holland would mind picking up Sharp from Tallon as pay back for picking up Hoss and Kopecky.

His plan at this point can only be... trade everyone for prospects... or drop one of Hossa, Toews or Kane... maybe Keith if he asks for 6 million or whatever his caliber defencemen make these days.

If Lidstrom retires next year I doubt the Wings will sign a big name D man... Kronwall (raise?) Rafalski Big Rig and Stuart are top 4 d-men and then the Wings have to bring up or trade Kindl and Kolosov are out of options... Wings will spend extra money available next offseason on front line and raises for current players...

Hmmmm, how long have you been a Hawks fan? For life? So you knew about a little Icon you had prior to the 199 trade deadlie right? If no, his name was Chris Chelios, he wore #7, he was your Captain, he has all kinds of records (or did) for the Hawks, he was born in Chicago, his parents still live there (btw, real classy to boo them too.) Yeah, I would say Chicago treated him as an Icon as well. Probably more than they'll ever treat Kane (unless he stays around 9 or so years, then he might hit Chelios status.)

As far as "emerging Threats" Hmmmmmm, first you say we cannot pay him enough to get him here, now you say LMAO to Phoenix and Florida, and insinuate that he would go o St. Louis because they are an emerging threat. Make up your mind, is he going to get paid or win? If he's all about the Cash, he'll go ANYWHERE to get paid, even Phoenix if they paying. If he wants to win, he will consider his best options and compile a list to give to his agent with about 5 or 6 teams he'd go to. ANd like most, if not ALL players "lists" Detroit will be on there. If you doubt, just go back a look at Dany Heatly's little list to for an appetizer.... Thanks for playing....

I've been a Hawks fan since I first got into hockey- 2002. Apparently Chelios wanted to win. That's why he came to Detroit. What I'm saying is that I think Kane wants to win, but I think he'll only go to Detroit for money purposes. That is what I am saying.

As far as calling me about Hossa, I think we will do something this year. His goal scoring really gives us something. We will do something with in the playoffs because we are much more experienced. You look at last year when we had 13 players who never had playoff experience. Going from no experience to Conference Finals is a nice step, don't you? Plus we added more experience if anything this offseason. Huet may be a concern, but as for now we will see how it pans out. I said back in December the only team who would be in our way for the Campbell bowl would be Detroit. Sure enough I was right. We should be at least a third round team. All I know is 10-11 months from now, we will see who is right and who is wrong.

I've been a Hawks fan since I first got into hockey- 2002. Apparently Chelios wanted to win. That's why he came to Detroit. What I'm saying is that I think Kane wants to win, but I think he'll only go to Detroit for money purposes. That is what I am saying.

As far as calling me about Hossa, I think we will do something this year. His goal scoring really gives us something. We will do something with in the playoffs because we are much more experienced. You look at last year when we had 13 players who never had playoff experience. Going from no experience to Conference Finals is a nice step, don't you? Plus we added more experience if anything this offseason. Huet may be a concern, but as for now we will see how it pans out. I said back in December the only team who would be in our way for the Campbell bowl would be Detroit. Sure enough I was right. We should be at least a third round team. All I know is 10-11 months from now, we will see who is right and who is wrong.

Chicago vs. Detroit WCF

I actually hope it pans out this way... cause it means the Ducks are already eliminated.

Can I get an amen?

:blink: Yeah, because that is why players come to Detroit, for the Money... I think our entire team may be grosly underpaid compared to what they can get open market, they come here to win, sometimes they leave for more money (Hossa, Lapointe-less, Sammy) or for more icetime (Fedorov) or they just can't hang with the big boys anymore (Kopecky.)

I don't remember calling you about anyone, especially Hossa, but ya, you offense got a little better, Hossa will probably get a few more points than Havlat did. Your concerns over Huet are warrented, and oh yeah, you Still have Seive Campbell (oh I am sorry I got him confused with Liev Campbell :P although if the shoe fits, make scrambled eggs!) and lost Matt Walker...

You're right though, in 10-11 months we will see who is going to the SCF's. And we will see if the Snap, Krackle actually Pops tomorrow morning too!

just to add some fuel to your fire...

chelios played for 3 teams in his career...he won cups on two of them :lol:

as for kane, his contract will be too rich for the likes of the wings. but kenny should offer troy brouwer 1.5mil/yr(approx) for X# years and try and get him from chicago as he's a RFA right now. give chicago a 3rd rounder to sign him which they'll end up losing anyways.

Chicago vs. Detroit WCF

I actually hope it pans out this way... cause it means the Ducks are already eliminated.

Can I get an amen?

along with the Flames and Sharks! AMEN! (Hopefully it's not us elimnating them though, I'd like to be 100% for the Finals this time...)

Chicago vs. Detroit WCF

Can I get an amen?

lol...amen bud. that would be awesome. and a ECF of boston vs. washington. that was what i was hoping for this year. then i wouldn't care who won...as in i would obviously like the wings to win, but the 3 remaining teams would be alot better than the likes of the pens, ducks, etc.