• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

egroen

Holland confirms that Hudler will play in KHL

Rate this topic

I shall repeat, the NHL said TWO DAYS AGO theres nothing they can do to stop Hudler playing the KHL next season. Please move on with your life and find a new player to jizz stats over.

Just ignore Eva on this topic. At this point there's nothing more that can be said of Hudler until the arbitration ruling is set out.

Just ignore Eva on this topic. At this point there's nothing more that can be said of Hudler until the arbitration ruling is set out.

Isn't this what I have been saying? That once the arbitration ruling is set, we'll know what's going on with Hudler?

Well, I could just make something up, that way it would give people something to argue about. LOL!

But you're right....until that day, there isn't much to say about it anymore.

I like Hudler a lot... but realistically, is he really second-line material on this team? His forte has been his improving stickhandling and the ability to produce in limited minutes. Increase his minutes and I bet the physically taxing regular season takes its toll.

All this KHL bruha has done was throw a huge wrench in his arbitration process. will this really ramp up his value in the arbiter's eyes? we shall soon see. Every day of this ugly RFA process makes me thankful Kenny was able to extend Filpulla.

I like Hudler a lot... but realistically, is he really second-line material on this team? His forte has been his improving stickhandling and the ability to produce in limited minutes. Increase his minutes and I bet the physically taxing regular season takes its toll.

You want to Eva or should I just dig up something from the archives?

Right now, 117 forwards are paid $3m or more. I would argue that Hudler is as good or better than half of them if not more. The Wings have a bunch of good forwards, but honestly do you think he wouldn't be able to produce with more minutes just because he hasn't had them? And do you think he isn't second line material just because he hasn't been given the chance? He's had a season that proves him as second line material based on output without playing more than a few shifts on the second line. That's pretty impressive.

Fans were forgiving of Fedorov after holding out and signing that ridiculous offer sheet from Carolina; I imagine they'd do the same for Hudler if he were to return. Of course, Huds is no Feds, but my point remains the same.

Eh, when Feds held out, he was arguably the best player in the league and we were looking for an extra gear to help us on route to a 2nd Cup, he did everything. Hudler is good on the PP, and already commited to Russia, to come back, I know I wouldnt be happy with him on the team.

Is that a freaking joke? I sure hope so.

I didn't say Hudler was the only player who was better than the players in that range. Just that he was. I would probably rank him somewhere around 70th among NHL forwards. Hudler is an extremely good player capable of playing all three forward positions well offensively and can score goals well and set up plays among the best of the league. He is better than average defensively and a better than average skater, and he has incredible ice vision. No, he's not Datsyuk or Fedorov. If you're suggesting Dats should make $3-4m, or that Fedorov should have made the equivalent of $3-4m in his prime...that is laughable.

for all his goodness and potential, I just don't see Hudler florishing (shortterm) under Babcock's current scheme more than he has already. When Hossa was out or slumping, I seem to recall that Babcock tended to call upon Filpulla or Sammy moreso than Hudler.

In a parallel scenario, I feel Helm is the greatest thing since sliced bread. Line him up permanently with Datsyuk and I'd argue you'd only see the output from both suffer.

We'll be just fine with Leino filling-in Hudler's spot.

Edited by Grim