• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
zata20

Ales Kotalik

Rate this topic

Well, since Hudler looks like he might be gone, I was lookin over the FA list and came upon Ales Kotalik. I don't know much about him seeing he has played most of his career in Buffalo. I do know that he made 2.5 mil last year and could potentially replace Hudler. From lookin over his stats, he probably coud manage 20-25 goals with the wings. He is 6'1 227 and he is a right handed shot. What do you guys think? Is there anyone that knows more about him?

A big guy who can score around 20 goals and who has a right-handed shot... Seems more like a replacement for Samuelsson. Kotalik looks interesting, but I still think there is a big chance that Jiri might come back. We'll see.

I was just taking a shower doing some power thinking and was going to come here and post the same thing.

Z - D - Cleary

Franzen - Flip - Kotalik

Thats a pretty big second line. I think Kotalik would flourish with the Wings, i would expect 25-30 goal range. Much better guy to have than Hudler IMO.

I was just taking a shower doing some power thinking and was going to come here and post the same thing.

Z - D - Cleary

Franzen - Flip - Kotalik

Thats a pretty big second line. I think Kotalik would flourish with the Wings, i would expect 25-30 goal range. Much better guy to have than Hudler IMO.

I've never seen him play, but I like his size. I think that is/was one of the biggest problems with Hudler - he can/could make a big impact on the 3rd line, but when put in a top-6 situation (not counting the power play), he isn't/wasn't strong or quick enough to make room for himself.

I was at capgeek.com today and saw Kotalik as a UFA. I think he would be great at $2 to $2.5 M. I guess I didn't realize how big he was. I think it could be a good fit if Hudler is gone.

He would be a FANTASTIC replacement for Samuelsson... has a fantastic RIGHT HANDED shot, great from the point on the power play... could benefit from playing with better players... would be reasonably priced... the one difference between him and Samuelsson is that Kotalik can actually hit the net with his cannon.

I have watched Kotalik play about 6 or 7 times this season. He likes to shoot the puck plus has some decent hands and hes a big strong kid. Flip feeding Franzen and this guy would be great.

He would be a FANTASTIC replacement for Samuelsson... has a fantastic RIGHT HANDED shot, great from the point on the power play... could benefit from playing with better players... would be reasonably priced... the one difference between him and Samuelsson is that Kotalik can actually hit the net with his cannon.

Were not looking to replace Samuelsson we need a top 6 forward. Sammy was the biggest Sally around, Kotalik not so much. Don't know where you guys are getting this Sammy Kotalik comparison from.

Edited by wingslionstigers

Hopefully he could learn to be the new Samuelsson... He could injure all of the teams opposing defensemen, and lull the goalie into a false sense of security by sending all of his shots at his chest or the boards, and then drift down to the (goalie's) right face-off circle and smash in a one-timer.

I guess this would mean no Ericsson or Stuart on the point.

Were not looking to replace Samuelsson we need a top 6 forward. Sammy was the biggest Sally around, Kotalik not so much. Don't know where you guys are getting this Sammy Kotalik comparison from.

Someone compared him to Hudler, and I said that he had more in common with Samuelsson.

Bigger guy with supposedly a cannon of a right shot. I say screw Hudler and his childish games.

You are talking about a man deciding his financial future and you claim it to be childish games?

So I take you are going to work the rest of your life for the same company even if they cannot pay you even a 3% raise each year, even if an independent, unbiased third person says you deserve 2x maybe 3x your salary?

Childish games, I am always amused how easy it is to live with some one else taking a pay cut! Hudler should play with the Wings for 1.5 to 2 max when 2 is probably the starting point for other offers. KHL is known for throwing ridiculous money at players just to get them there, lets say this is 4 years front loaded totaling something like 15 mil.

You find signing that offer as a childish game and he should take the 1.5 Detroit is offering him.

Oh how easy it is to spend and live off of other people's salary?!

I like the sound of this.

I really don't want to see Hudler go, but we do need another big forward. We are good at rotating the puck so another powerful shot from the point would fit quite nicely, another big body to create some traffic, and a right handed shot to throw off the goalie.

if we can't afford hudler what makes you guys think we can afford kotalik

Because everyone wants to play in Detroit for less than half of their market value!

/sarcasm!

I like the sound of this.

I really don't want to see Hudler go, but we do need another big forward. We are good at rotating the puck so another powerful shot from the point would fit quite nicely, another big body to create some traffic, and a right handed shot to throw off the goalie.

As much as Hudlers a great regular season guy. Who cares about regular season in Detroit now days. Were going to make the playoffs with the core we have regardless if we sign anybody. Anyone we might sign from here on out needs to be playoff oriented. Kotalik is a big strong guy and isnt going to be afraid to go in the corners and get bumped around. I had much respect for Hudler up until the playoff run, i don't care how much that hit hurt your getting paid millions and he stepped down. He looked like he was scared ever sense he got rocked. He was virtually useless after that and wouldn't hold on to the puck longer than he had to.

Kotaliks the guy i think. Could you imagine two big strong guys like him and Franzen running around the O zone looking to wind up from a feed from Flip? Would be a 70 goal line i assume.

Like i said i have only watched Kotalik for about 6-7 games last season. It really takes about 25+ games on the season to really get a feel for a player. Although from my judgment from what ive watched it looks hes the guy we would want. If anyone has watched him more than me last season i would appreciate any knowledge you could share with me about him.

if we can't afford hudler what makes you guys think we can afford kotalik

Kotaliks last terms were 2.5 million his numbers havent increased. I think its safe to say we could sign him for that again. I'm not exactly sure at this point how much room we have to offer but im pretty sure thats in our ball park.

Kotalik sucks. I hope Wings do not sign him.

Is that all you have, he sucks? Not he sucks because of a reason or two, just he sucks? They don't charge per word around her you know.

The size he brings, the numbers he has put up and a salary around 2.5M would work well on this team.

Is that all you have, he sucks? Not he sucks because of a reason or two, just he sucks? They don't charge per word around her you know.

The size he brings, the numbers he has put up and a salary around 2.5M would work well on this team.

I watched him play for the Czech national team and he sucked. He is big, but very soft.

If you can get Kotalik @~2,5M it's bargain. Big body, good shot, nice hands. Dunno if he's fast or not, but would definetly be more than a good replacement for Huds.

Datsyuk-Zetterberg-Cleary

Franzen-Filppula-Kotalik

Leino-Helm-Holmstrom/X

Holmstrom/X-Draper-Maltby

Lidstrom-Rafalski

Kronwall-Stuart

Ericsson-Lilja/Lebda

Meech

Osgood

Howard

I think Abby will play in GR if we can get someone like Kotalik. Because there's no point playing Abby in 4th line here and it would be too risky to keep an all-rookie 3rd line (Abdelkader-Helm-Leino).

You are talking about a man deciding his financial future and you claim it to be childish games?

So I take you are going to work the rest of your life for the same company even if they cannot pay you even a 3% raise each year, even if an independent, unbiased third person says you deserve 2x maybe 3x your salary?

Childish games, I am always amused how easy it is to live with some one else taking a pay cut! Hudler should play with the Wings for 1.5 to 2 max when 2 is probably the starting point for other offers. KHL is known for throwing ridiculous money at players just to get them there, lets say this is 4 years front loaded totaling something like 15 mil.

You find signing that offer as a childish game and he should take the 1.5 Detroit is offering him.

Oh how easy it is to spend and live off of other people's salary?!

Dude...just shut the f*** up....

First, your reading waaay to much into what I wrote. Second, I was merely stating that I'm over Hudler.

Third, to answer your question, well I can't. Mostly because it's set up to make me look wrong but also because the circumstances are different. Would I rather work for a company with a better pay raise? Sure. If that original company brought me into the field but couldn't bring me any success? Sure, I'd leave.

But what if the company can't give me a pay raise now because of hard economic times? What if all my best friends are there, I'm at one of the most successful companies in the world, they taught me everything I know, and I know eventually my loyalty will be rewarded? I'm not so sure.

Circumstances are different, if I was an NHL caliber player I would rather play for the team that drafted me, had faith in me, developed my game, won a cup with, almost won another, and now wants me to play a top six role. It's not like the guy has to sign under value for 15 years. I don't know, I'm different that way.

To me, if I'm living comfortably and I'm happy to go to work everyday, I don't care that an "unbiased" person thinks I should get more. I don't need more. GET IT?

This comparison is coming from the fact that they are both right handed shooting wingers... and he proved in Buffalo that he can be a second line winger.

I live in the buffalo area and watch the sabres games regularly and have always enjoyed watching kotalik. He is big in the shootouts and has an absolute cannon of a shot. I would love to see how he would play with the wings.